Rapunzel's birthday: PART 1

CHAPTER 26

~Hiccup P.O.V.~

Phew! Finally Merida and I made it to Corona. It’s kinda dark here already.

“Don’t they use lights?? It’s so damn dark!” Merida complained.

“Probably because they will light the lanterns, sooner or later??” I said.

“So?” Merida said, irritated. “They want us to go blind?!”

“Ugh… Just try to keep your voice down while we’re looking for stuffs okay?” I said then I petted Toothless. Toothless carried us all the way from the North Pole ‘til here. Which is good so that no one would really notice him because it’s 6:00 pm. It’s dark.

“-sighs- Fine. Let’s get started.” Merida said moving forward.. I commanded Toothless to stay and he did.

As we walked along the road, I saw people selling something. It looks like a lavender cloth having a symbol of the sun.

“Hey, how ‘bout we buy one of those for Rapunzel?” I nudged at Merida’s arm. Merida glanced at it and..

“A clowth? Seriously Hic, what would meh sistah do weyth a clowth?”

“I don’t know. Maybe for a souvenir?” I said.

“But North only gave us 15 bucks! What shall we do about tha', aye? Hmm?”

”Fine! Have it your way!” I raised my voice. A lady scolded us for being so noisy.

“Shh! Don’t you know that we are all praying? You two are such a distraction!” The lady said.

“Woops. Sorry. We didn’t know. We’re not from arownd 'ere.” Merida told the lady. “What are ye all praying about anyways?”

“Someone stole our Princess when she was an innocent infant. We pray for her everyday that soon the kingdom will find her. The King and Queen are very worried. They’re starting to lose hope. Every year on this day, we light the lanterns and send them to the sky in hope that one day, our very special Princess will return.” She replied. Woah. That was … LONG and MYSTERIOUS.

“Uhm.. What did the Princess looked like?” I asked.

“There’s a portrait there on a wall near the square. She, being held by the Queen with the King beside them. Go check it out.” She said. “Oh. And bring this with you too. In memory of her.” She gave us two lanterns.

“Thanks Madam.” Merida said. “How much is eyt?”

“Oh no. Take it. Everything here tonight is free. It’s all for the Princess herself.” The lady replied. Merida and I glanced at each other. I know what she means.

Poor people. They’re really worried for their princess. I wonder.. back at Berk. Are they looking for me? -sighs- I don’t think they’d ever. Not even my dad. I guess Gobber would.

“Hiccup, what are ye waiting for wee lad? Come on. Let’s take a look.” Merida hissed.

“Alright! Alright! Don't cal me wee lad!!” I said. “Uhm. Thanks again.” I told the lady.

“Oh. Sure.” She said. “You know, you two make a very cute couple..” O___O

“Really?” I asked interestedly. Hehe. XD

”Stop eyt Hiccup. Let’s go.”  Merida complained.  -_- Oh come on!

”Alright! Argh!”

We went to see the princess’ image. When I saw it.. The princess looks like… Punzel. Woah. That's WEIRD.