The Black Panther (Discontinu...

Per creolelady

You make me the woman, I've always wanted to be. T'Challa x a woman who's an uncanny copy of the storm who o... Més

Duchess ( Revamped)
Beginning (Revamped)
Vibranium (Revamped )
The Dora's ( Revamped)
Cai Bride ( Revamped)
First Dates (New Chapter)
Mrs. Udaku ( Revamped)
Honeymoon (Revamped)
Behind Closed Doors (Revamped)
Just let go (New Chapter) Pt.1
Just let go (New chapter) pt.2
Not Yours ( Revamped)
Harper, 2 u ( New chapter)
Homecoming ( Revamped)
The King (New Chapter)
The Press ( Revamped)
King's duty pt.1 (New Chapter)
Sedate Me (New chapter)
Twin Flames ( New Chapter)
The end & beginning ( New Chapter)
Sky Goddess ( New chapter )
Morph ( New Chapter )
Reckless pt.1 ( Revamped)
Lover's Day (New Chapter)
Snap ( New chapter)
tewagī( New chapter )
Stages ( New chapter )
Capture me (New chapter)
Reckless pt.2 ( Revamped)
Visions of old ( New chapter)
Thinking ( New chapter )
Ororo's Letter ( New Chapter)
Son of a king pt.1 ( New chapter)
Son of a King pt.2 (New chapter)
Venom Pt. 1 (Revamped)
Venom pt.2 (Revamped)
Harper's Dream ( Revamped)
River (New Chapter)
Interlinked ( New chapter)
Azari ( New chapter)
13 (New chapter)
20 ( Revamped)
Finishline (New Chapter)
Surprise (New chapter)
Naysayers (Revamped!!)
Grace (New chapter)
With a chance of Rain? ( New chapter)

Hello Ego (Revamped)

13.5K 410 203
Per creolelady

Please listen to music linked with chapter.

" Hey ", I smiled.

" My love...how are you ? ", he smiled in the camera eating a tangerine. It would seem he finally got his appetite back because it looked like he actually wanted to eat.

" I'm good. How are you ? ", I feel my face heat up as I look at his hologram.

" I'm doing better today. I' have been working for a couple of days and finally decided to get some sleep. I just woke up from a nap and I was craving this so I have been eating ", he held the tangerine up to the camera peeling it.

" I'm just happy you have an appetite ", I praise.

" I've got to keep my strength up. This herb wouldn't allow me to get too thin though because It bulks me up but I have to fuel it. Earlier I had a sandwich with fries. I'm in Los Angeles right now ", he explains.

" California ? ", I ask.

" Yes. Just along the West Coast ", he said.

" Well just continue to take care of yourself. Oliver's been keeping me company and keeping me happy when I need it ", I said with a smile.

" I knew bringing him here would be good for you that's why I got him back ", He smirked at me knowingly.

" But who's keeping you happy ? ", My face dropped. He looked up at me taking a break from his food.

" When I hear from you, it's you who does it ", he paused.

" I'm pleased ", I watched Oliver sleep in the corner of my room. He slept like he worked two jobs sometimes.

" What did you do today ? ", he asks.

" Well...I didn't do much of anything. I stayed out in the garden with Oliver and walked around all day. I like being outside ....", I trail off.

" Anything else ? ", he asks.

" Like what ? ", I ask.

" Like...a call from your parents ? ", he chuckled. I looked down guiltily.

" It's alright Harper ", he soothed.

" No...it's not. I should have asked you. I was just so in the moment ! I don't know what came over me. I should apologize right ? ", I freak out.

" Harper you did the exact thing that I've been wanting you do to. We no longer need an alliance and my father knew this but he didn't want to bother looking for a substitute. It was a convenient business deal and a guaranteed future grandchild for him. I knew something was off about him when I met him years ago. His insensitivity towards my father is what really put the bullet in the chamber. We don't need anybody like that around our family, especially around our kids. His energy is bad ", he excused me.

I stared at him for a few seconds.

" Kids ? ", I raise an eyebrow.

" Don't freak out. It's just for future reference. If we have children one day I wouldn't want them around such an insensitive person. In fact I don't even want you around him unless he apologizes. I'm happy you stood up for yourself Harper. That's the beginning of finally finding out who you are and living for yourself. It's important ", he looks directly into the screen now with sincere eyes.

" I miss you ", I blurt. His mouth closes as he analyzes what he was in front of him, me.

" I know. I miss you too ", he countered.

" When I think about how much longer I may have to wait it kind of discourages me. It's hard for me to think about Hawaii and Japan and then realize that you aren't here ", I sigh.

" When I'm not thinking about everything else, I do frequently think about Hawaii and Japan. You aren't the only one who's plagued with those thoughts. Just think of it this way, when I come back it will feel like we are meeting for the first time all over again ? What's more exciting than starting over ? ", he asks me.

" Finishing where we left off ", I answered looking away.  

" Tell me what you've got planned Entle ", he changed the subject.

" I'm having my first ball at the end of the week...without you. It's suppose to be the leaders ball where the leaders, elders and socialites in each tribe come together and talk about Wakanda and advancements and other stuff, I'm nervous ", I admits.

" Don't be. Everyone will be right there with you. You might even meet Zuri ", he said.

" Zuri ? Who's that ", I ask.

" He's a retired war dog and apart of our family. He's my fathers close friend. When I broke the news to him he couldn't stand to stop by from his grief but when I told him about you he promised to meet you. He's like a second father to me. You'll probably see him at the ball. They'll be honoring my father there as well so it's the perfect time ", he explained.

" Do you know who else will be there ? ", I ask.

" Likely everyone you've met already. Erik, Nakia, Okoye, Ayo, my family and another thing. Have you been taking your medication ? ", he asks.

" Yeah every morning why ? ", I question.

" Well, because I've been thinking a lot about your powers and your face after I told you that you weren't ready. I want you to know that I really don't see them as a burden Harper. When I said that I mean that with the best intentions. I hate not giving you what you want ", he chuckled at the last sentence and a small smile spread across my face.

" I guess I am a little spoiled when it comes to you but I understand. We have plenty of time to figure it out. Our main focus is finding the person who did this and the rest will fall in place. I know it will. It has to...right ? ", I look to him with hope.

" Right ", he let's out a big yawn.

" Are you tired ? ", I say.

" A little but your beautiful face is the only thing keeping me up. I have a flight to catch soon ", he muttered fixing himself in his desk chair.

" I'm a little tired myself honestly ", I yawn now.

" Why don't we call it a night ? ", he suggest.

" No....", I whine.

" I'll call your after the ball and you can tell me all about it sweetheart ", he negotiates.

" You have to video chat me to see what I look like before I go out there too ", I bribe.

" All right, I love you ", he laughs.

" I love you too. Be safe ", I mumble.

" Always ", he ends the video call and I'm left in the darkness with a sleepy Oliver and a view of the city. Before I head to bed I walk down to the kitchen to have a cup of tea since my stomach was growling. Eating before bed gave me nightmares so I opted for peppermint tea. After making myself my hot drink I head back to my room. Walking back up the steps I pass one of the windows on the stair case. Outside I see a herd of giraffes passing on the plains behind the palace further back. Giraffes were my favorite wild animals. I stopped for a second watching them pass until I couldn't see them in the distance anymore. This place was beautiful, everything about it, every crack and corner, every inch of this palace was rooted in history. Seeing an abundance of animals always made me wonder exactly where T'Chaka went. Was his spirit recycled and put back into the earth into the baby giraffe that passed, was it the crows that flew over the plains, was the wild cheetahs that hung from the tree's or was it somewhere far beyond ? I had no doubt that where ever he resided, he was in peace.
-
The morning of the ball Romanda and Shuri came back with dresses. I greeted them immediately when they came off the ship with the servants that carried their luggage.

" Harper, good to see you again ", Romanda greeted me with a kiss on the cheek looking and seemingly feeling better. Shuri hugged me and I insisted we all have breakfast together.

" So how have you been managing since we left. What did you do this week ? ", Romanda started the conversation sipping her freshly squeeze orange juice.

" I just relaxed and tried to clear my head. I love the garden with Oliver. You really did an amazing job with how you set everything up. It's so peaceful out there, but I want to know more about you guys. How was the Bahamas ? ", I switch the topic.

" We liked it a lot. It was very simplistic. Being around the water really helped us clear our head and feel a little bit better. I think I'm just now starting to accept everything, and I know that Baba would want us to be able to accept it and move on and be the best people we can be, right Mama ? ", she grabbed her mother's hand.

" Absolutely. If anything he'd want us to celebrate him...and we will once T'Challa returns. The only good that's come out of this is how much closer it's brought us all together which brings me to my next topic. I know how scared you are of this new role that is expected of you Harper, so I've decided to hold onto my title until T'Challa returns. This will buy us some time so that I can prepare you for what's to come and what's expected of you. We'll talk some more about this after the ball but just know that you won't be going into this alone. I will be by your side every step of the way ", she promised.

" Thankyou...Romanda ", I smiled sweetly at her will to help me.

" Have you talked to T'Challa at all ? ", I ask.

" Yes, he's very busy though. I hope he's getting enough rest, he seems exhausted ", Shuri frowned.

" He is but he's putting on a brave face. Thankfully he's eating again so that's a start ", I shrug.

" And how's everybody else been ? ", Romanda sat her eating utensil down.

" Well....it's been quiet. I haven't seen much of Nakia nor Erik. How did T meet Erik again ? ", I ask.

" T'Challa met Erik in college. He was very poor but T'Challa took a liking to him and and they bonded. I'll admit he's a funny young man but he's very....what's the word Shuri ? ", Romanda turned to Shuri and snapped her fingers.

" Reckless ? Overbearing ? Wild ? Craz-", Romanda cut her off.

" Wild ! That's the word. We can only take him in doses but him and T'Challa are just the best of pals. I must say it's very strange because they are opposites. Erik can be rather vulgar but we've adopted him into the family. He only comes over when T'Challa is around but not without convincing. Erik is the first outsider in Wakanda's history to have a Wakandan dual citizenship and he will be the last. He's rather lucky to be here considering most of the world thinks we are a poor farming land. T'Chaka granted T'Challa access to bring his friend here and help him get back on his feet and they've been friends ever since then. He lives in a small apartment in the city. T'Challa pays for it..my son is  such a giving young man. Erik always declines for him to pay but my sweet boy always insists. He has a job but he mostly keeps to himself on the weekdays and on the weekends they'll hang out or go party with some of T'Challa's old classmates. You don't know how happy I was when you finally arrived here. He needed some " Estrogen" in his life as one would put it. When he's not surrounded by testosterone he's working or studying languages and training ", she chuckled.

" T'Challa hasn't had a lot of girlfriends ? ", I raise my brow in shock.

" Oh no he's quite the gentleman but women do flock to him, he's just a warm spirt so naturally be gets attention. I've seen him sneak a few women in and out of the palace but that's very far and few in between. He's only had one steady girlfriend ", she snorted. Shuri made a gagging sound.

" And that's...Nakia ? ", my voice goes flat.

" Yes..they dated for about a year or so. Truthfully I knew it couldn't work out. They are too different to work out. I honestly was about worried for you. I knew for a long while that he saw you as more of a distant friend than a grown woman that was to be his wedded wife but the moment you arrived here in that beautiful dress...and I saw the look on his face I knew you had him hooked ", Romanda laughed clearly knowing her son. I smiled remembering the day that truthfully wasn't that long ago.

" You have nothing to worry about. Nakia and him grew up together and they've always been friends. As it turns out they are better as friend then as lovers. Besides, you are to be his Queen. There is nothing for you to be afraid of ", she countered. I opened my mouth to challenge that but she cut me off.

" Don't even deny it. I see the worry etched on your face. Rule number one to being a Queen, someone can only threaten your position unless you allow them to. You are where you belong Harper and I didn't raise a cheating man. He's way too honest and he can barely hold a lie ", She smirked.

" I was raised differently...I was raised to avoid confrontation. I grew up seeing things and accepting them for how they were. T'Challa reassured me about everything though. I guess it's just hard for me to ignore the tension ", I shrug.

" I'm going to go study ", Shuri finished her food and stood up to kiss her mom on the cheek. The conversation had obviously grew boring for a 16 year old girl who was more worried about science, physics, meme's and making Wakanda the best it could be. I waved her goodbye as she walked out of the room, a guard following behind her to her bedroom.

" Now that tender ears are gone...tell me how you truly feel Harper ", Romanda pushes her plate aside and I looked around nervously.

" I grew up watching my mother get cheated on ever since I was a small girl ", I whispered. I'd never told anyone that besides T'Challa.

" I wasn't sure the type of man that I was marrying so I thought that he might have continued seeing her even with me in the picture. I was preparing myself for that but he reassured me that he wouldn't do that to me which is amazing. I'm happy ...but ", my words fall short again.

" You still feel uncomfortable with her ", she finishes my sentence.

" Yeah ", I gush.

" When I first became Queen I was in a similar situation. T'Chaka was dating one of his advisors briefly before he met and married me. She was jealous of me and eventually left but as I look back I think the real reason she was upset is because she didn't get the feud she wanted. I knew my place over her and I knew that I was his wife. He was infatuated with me and I used my charm to win over everybody in the palace and the heart of Wakanda. I never played into her childish games or longing stares. I treated her like she didn't exist and that drove her absolutely MAD ", she laughed at the memories. I laughed as we'll

" Why do you feel threatened by Nakia. What about her brings worry to you ? ", She waits for my answer.

" I worry that she knows him better than I do. That she can do more for him than I can. He's only just truly met me for who I really am. She still has feelings for him and it's obvious. She looks at him like she wants to be with him. In a way I feel guilty. In a way I feel that I broke them up. I've tried to be nice to her but the thing is that she's never been bluntly or outwardly rude to me...just cold. I guess she doesn't have to like me but the tension when she's around him is suffocating ", I vent.

" You don't have to accept that. You are to be Queen. Don't bite your tongue, and being honest with how you feel doesn't mean you have to be hurtful. Just be confident in who you are. T'Challa is head over heels for you. Who knows, maybe with him away you both can smooth things over if that's something you feel you should do. Just remember who you are. I can see you coming into yourself and soon you will show everyone who you are and how you feel. Instead of focusing on Nakia try focusing on Harper. What can Harper do to make herself feel more secure? If you want to know more about him..ask him. You two are already building an unbreakable bond ", she encouraged.

" Thankyou Romanda ", I grinned at her encouraging words.

After breakfast most of the day was spent getting ready for the ball. I had picked my dress out the exact same day. I decided on a classic blue ball gown dress inspired by the tale of Cinderella. My hair was straightened, curled and pinned up into an updo. As for my jewelry I wore nothing but my wedding ring and two diamond studded earrings and white heels that were hidden under my dress.

( this is just the dress. This is the only one I could find that I was satisfied with  )

The dress complimented my eyes and my icey hair and brown complexion. When I was done I looked in the mirror while my stylist fixed me up. I guess the big dress was to match the big ball. I could already hear a commotion coming from the cars that approached our estate in the near distance.

" You look absolutely beautiful your highness. All the eyes will be on you and this beautiful gown ", one of my chamber maids complimented me. I smiled at her kindness and headed out of the door with my clutch in hand. I was escorted down by the guards and took a different entrance to the ballroom. I waited until the guests filled up the ballroom to make my entrance. While I waited I video called T'Challa. He didn't pick up so I sent him a picture of myself before I went out. I was disappointed but he was probably in the middle of fighting or flying or doing something super important so I didn't hold it against him. After everyone came I slowly made my way to the top of the stairs.

As if I was in my own fairytale, everyone turned to see my dress as I slowly made my way down the staircase. Pictures were being snapped of me while I waved politely. Two maids held my dress so that I didn't trip over it. When I reached the bottom of the stairs I was swarmed by photographers. I smiled for the camera for a few seconds and then I walked into the crowd greeting people. I'd shaken so many hands this night and I wasn't even finished. People were so eager to see me and offer condolences. Romanda and Shuri had come down to the ball room before me and I'm sure they felt the same. It was sad to be reminded to the situation but I'm sure they had good intent.

I didn't know so many princes resided in Wakanda. In fact I didn't know royalty lived in such proximity to each other but Wakanda wasn't all in the city. There were different boroughs and different parts just as any other state or country. Nevertheless the Udaku's seemed to be the most powerful especially with their blood line of Black panthers and rule over all others. I also didn't know just how bold some of these men would be towards me now that T'Challa was gone. Of course none of them asked for my hand in marriage but the flirtation was there. I of course stayed respectful.

" Can I borrow her for a second ? ", I hear a raspy voice call behind me. I turn to see that's it's none other than Erik standing in a classic black and white suit looking as presentable as ever with his hair braided back. I smile and take his arm that he offered me.

" So, getting tired of saying hello and bye yet ? ", he chuckled.

" Gosh yes, they seem so excited though I don't want to be rude.

" Trust me...you could treat them like dirt and they'd make excuses for it. In fact this is the perfect time to be honest...when everyone wants a piece of you. You look like you could use a drink ", he walked me over to the refreshment and made me a drink.

" Thanks ", I smiled and grabbed the lemon concoction washing it down.

" So how have you been ? I haven't seen you around the palace all that much ", I said.

" Yeah I've just been laying low. I know you don't really know me like that and I usually only come over when T is around. Now that he's gone I don't wanna' intrude especially when y'all are going through some stuff ", he shrugged.

" I'm not even sure if it's my place to say this but...you should come over more. I like the company. Especially with someone around my age around..it could help ", I suggest. I noticed him laugh slightly.

" What ? ", I ask.

" I'm 25, not exactly your age but close enough right. Coming from and adult to another adult...I think we bore Shuri just a little bit. I was going to suggest that you hang with her but she's not with it at all. Truthfully I wouldn't be either at her age ", he smiled warmly at me. He seemed a little more warmer than when I last met him.

" Yeah she doesn't want anything to do with us but she's pretty cool. I'm just saying you don't have to feel unwelcome or anything. I mean maybe we can even be friends...if that's not weird ", I giggled.

" Of course. Here I'll give you my n- actually why don't you come back to the kitchen with me. Wouldn't want these people to get the wrong impression or something, you know people take things and run with it ", he explains. I nod and we walk to the kitchen that was bustling with chefs. We exchanged numbers and talked quietly for a bit. Erik was pretty funny and easy going. I understood why T'Challa liked him so much.

" What are you doing after this ? ", I ask.

" Um...probably grabbing something to eat and going home. Why ? ", he raises an eyebrow at me.

" Well I'll probably end up having dinner alone. Why don't you join. Then you can tell me more stories about you and T'Challa in college ", I chuckle.

" Ight'. I'll meet you after ", he walked me back to the ballroom and we parted ways as I went to further network and socialize. I ended up meeting Zuri.

" How are you my dear ?! ", he pulled me into a bear hug.

" I'm great ! How are you ? ", I chuckled at his warmth.

" I'm doing better today. T'Challa told me all about you. It's so nice to meet you. My name is -", I cut him off.

" Zuri yes. T'Challa gushes about you. He says you're like his second father ", I giggled.

" And he is like my son, absolutely. I'm sorry I didn't meet you sooner. T'Chaka's untimely death put me into a bad place but when I see how he's being celebrated tonight it brings me hope ", he points to the giant portrait of T'Chaka that was hung up against the wall in the clear distance.

" Yes that's what tonight is all about, celebrating everything he's done for Wakanda. He's not here physically but he's with us all and that's all that matters right. I hear that here in Wakanda you guys have a different theory about death ?  ", I spark up conversation I knew he'd be interested in.

" Oh yes. Here in Wakanda we believe that death isn't a finality. It's simply just a switch to a different plane. He may not physically exist here but he does somewhere else. We call that the ancestral plane. Every black panther has a connection to it which is why I'm so anxious for T'Challa to get back here so that he can get the closure that he needs with his father. It will heal him ", he nodded with each word.

" I'd love to more about it. I'll ask him about it again on our next call. I do hope I'll be seeing you around more. The palace could use some more warmth to it especially with recent events ", I refer to the passing of the King.

" Who have you met so far ? ", he asks skeptically.

" Well...I met all the Dora's. I met pretty much everyone in the palace including Nakia and Erik, and W'kabi That's about it ", I nod. I noticed when I said the word Erik Zuri's entire body rigid and I didn't understand why he seemed so uncomfortable. Did they have some sort of conflict ? Everybody who met Erik seemed to have some sort of weird impression of him but I didn't understand the animosity.

" You should net mwork with some of the princess around here they could really help you understand this new life of yours. I'll be sure to stop in more maybe we can have tea in the near future. Now if you excuse me I've got a speech to present to everyone. Wish me luck ", he grabbed my hand in his momentarily and left to walk to the top of the steps where I came down from. Once he got to the top I noticed a microphone was place there so that everyone could see him. Once he got the audience's attention he started speaking.

" Thankyou everyone for attending our annual Wakandan ball. It seems that our ball has landed in line with King T'Chaka's untimely death and instead of using this event to talk politics and make deals we should use this night to celebrate the wonderful life of our former King and open our hearts to a new King- T'Challa ", he paused and the audience clapped. 

" T'Challa obviously can't be here to celebrate T'Chaka with us because he's overseas trying to find the person responsible behind this act of hate but I know this video will get to T'Challa and I would like to make a toast ", he raised his glass and so did everybody else.

" To a great man, soon to be a great King ", he drank and so did everybody else before they erupted into applause and the servants revealed a huge mural portrait of T'Challa as the King wearing his traditional crown. I gasped at the beauty of it. That's when everything finally sank in. T'Chaka really was gone and T'Challa was going to come back to a huge shoes to fill. This only made me miss him as I marveled at how the painter caught the beautiful warmth to his doe eyes. There was a kindness there but a determination. It was almost as if I was staring at him in the flesh. The cameras caught the beauty of it and I'm sure the image would go around Wakanda in the morning.

After hours and hours mingling it was time to retire. Everyone slowly but surely started to leave. I looked around for Erik but he was nowhere to be found. I figured he had something come up or maybe my approach was too clingy or maybe he just didn't like me that much. I retired to my bedroom and ate my dinner alone. I got a message from Erik explaining that something came up and he had to leave right away. Without T'Challa around I found myself a bit lonely. As if on que T'Challa calls me and I pick up immediately in the middle of my eating.

" I'm so sorry I couldn't call you in time. I was in a bit of a difficult situation and it became physical. I still haven't found the man who did this but I just called to say that you look absolutely stunning Entle. Like something out of a dream ", he cooed. I couldn't help the grin that spread across my face.

" It's alright ", I shrug forgiving him after his play on words.

" What are you doing right now ? ", he asks.

" Eating the rest of my dinner even though I'm not really hungry. Just trying to unwind ", I sigh putting my tray of food on the bed giving up on my appetite.

" I can help you with that ", he insists.

" How ? ", I walk into the trap.

" Well...I can start by instructing you to get out of that heavy dress ",  his voice drops an octave and my eyes trail to his face. I was surprised he was in the mood especially with everything that's transpired but I'm sure he had needs as I had my own.

" And then what ? ", I giggled.

" I can turn off the lights...from here ", he touched a few buttons on his bead and the lights in the room all turned off with the exception of the lights coming from the bathroom. Unbeknownst to me a strap from my dress slipped further down exposing the top of my breast as if he did it from all the way on the other side of the world.

" I guess it's my job as Queen to attend to the King especially when he's...across the world ", I smile shyly sitting up slowly to unbotton the rest of my dress shyly.

" Lock the door first ", he reminds me and I walk over to the door and do just that before standing in front of the camera.

" What next Kumkani ? ", I ask innocently.

(Kumkani- king )

End of chapter 12

Sorry I took so long to update. I'll try to update more at the end of the week. Completely lost track of time. What would you like to see in the upcoming chapters ?

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

26.9K 848 29
Marshall's POV. I had just gotten off the tour bus and hopping in this 7-eleven that I hoped had some Red Bull and Nacho's cause after being stuck on...
5.9K 102 11
Charlie and nick have been dating for a while and there relationship has been growing more and more nick doesn't hide his relationship with Charlie a...
137K 3.9K 24
He always ends up saving her. Coincidence or intentional? CAUTION: ANNOYING THOTS MAY BE IN THIS STORY ------------------------------ "Don't you hav...
44.6K 1.8K 32
Golden Brown eyes meet midnight black eyes. Recognition ripples through the golden brown ones as the owner of those midnight black eyes enter the bui...