Deliciously Tempting. (COMPLE...

By LJMay03

Terra Howard, a 21 year old restaurant worker trying to work her way up the career ladder. Derrick Caine, a... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Authors Note

Chapter 1

11.4K 337 4
By LJMay03

I stretched my legs as I continued what I was doing, cutting eggplants. The kitchen smelt divine and my stomach growled.

I slid the cut purple vegetables in to the large stock pot as I moved onto slicing and dicing capsicum.

It was only 10am but I was exhausted for the day. I've been up since 5am and starting at 5:30, prepping vegetables.

"How's the Ratatouille coming?" Mark, the head chef asked as he looked over my shoulder.

"Excellent Sir." I smiled as I moved onto the next capsicum.

"Get Katy to finish. Come with me to my office."

I placed the sharp knife down and called out to Katy.

She quickly took over as I wiped my hands on my apron and followed Mark.

Mark closed the door behind me and indicated that I sit down.

"Now Terra. As you know I've had this business up for sale for a while now."

I nodded, eyes wide. Has he sold it? Mark was the head chef and owner.

"I had to make a few adjustments to sell the place. I've sat and spoke to the new owner and we have come to an agreement."

My heart stopped. "Are you firing me?"

Mark looked shocked. "Oh God. Is that what that speech sounded like?" Then he laughed. "No. The owner wants to change this restaurant around a bit, focusing more on Australian dishes, whereas I did ethnic. He has read all the resumes and I had forgotten you are a qualified pastry chef."

I nodded. I've been here for four years. I started here just months before finishing all my practical and theory studies.

Mark looked at me with a smile." The new owner, Mr Caine, was highly impressed by your work ethics. Both him and I agreed that you have been promoted to pastry chef."

My jaw dropped. Wait what? A smile very slowly came on my face.

"You will finish this week as a cook and starting next Monday, you will begin your new job position. Come in Sunday morning for a head staff meeting. It will be my last, but you will meet Mr Caine."

I nodded eagerly. "Of course."

I stood up. "Thank you Mark." Mark nodded.

I went back to my station to finish the Ratatouille, but found it done and on one of the stove tops.

Ethan was in charge of it now. I dumped all the dirty dishes in the closest sink and pulled out a fresh board and knife.

I couldn't stop smiling. I got promoted! This was amazing! I made a mental note to ring my mother when I got home.

I set myself up to make our restaurants home made Alfredo sauce.

I crushed and sliced and grated everything needed and placed it into the appropriate bowls as I passed it onto Ethan.

"Terra!"

I turned to Mark. "Yes Chef?" All formality back again.

"Start making the pasta."

"Yes Chef." I nodded as I went to collect the ingredients.

I placed them all on to another table away from where all the main meals were getting prepared.

"Gav, start tenderizing the steaks. Dale, I want those sauces getting started on. Chloe, start scaling the fish and filleting them. Perry, get on to those cakes..." Matt's voiced boomed with several choruses of Yes Chef.

The time flew and before I knew it, I had completed all my work. It was 2pm and the restaurant will open in two hours. I finished my shift and clocked out.

I walked out the back door. The restaurant was one of the most busiest and highly recommended restaurants in the city.

I walked past the afternoon crowd as I made my way to my car.

I got in and after waiting several minutes to get out of my spot, I drove home. The drive only takes less then ten minutes and walking distance but I couldn't do it in the dark mornings.

I raced in to my house and quickly got changed, throwing my work clothes in the machine to find my sisters clothes still in there.

With a loud groan of disapproval, I threw hers in the dryer and snatched up my keys and went back to the car.

I zoomed within the speed limit and found a park as close as possible to the school gates. I looked at the time.

2:30pm. I got out and walked to Kayla's class. Near the stairs were three recognisable people.

I went up and said hello.

"Terra! Haven't seen you for a while." my friend Dinah said. I shrugged.

"Work."

"Any chance we can get you on the P&C this year?" Gina asked.

I smiled as I shook my head. "That's definitely next to impossible now."

My friends saw my face. Then Stella gasped. "You got the promotion!"

I nodded. The girls squealed. "Oh wow! Well done! What did you get promoted to?" Gina's eyes wide.

"Pastry chef!" I grinned.

"Congratulations Terra! You deserve it!"

"Next step is what?" Stella inquired.

"Head Chef. But I prefer working with desserts." Yes, especially the taste testing.

The school bell rang and kids ran every where. Stella was tackled by her 7 year old twin boys, Gina smiled as her 9 year old daughter came and her 11 year old son dumped his bag and wondered off to play handball with his mates, one of which was Dinah's 11 year old daughter as her 6 year old daughter came running to her followed shortly by her 5 year old brother talking to his best friend, my little star, Kayla, my 5 year old niece.

I turned back to my school friends. "I'll tell you what. Let me now when the next cake stall is on. If I can, I might bake something." I smiled and winked.

That got them excited. They have tried my baked goods.

"Excuse me," I heard some one as they tapped on my shoulder. "Did I hear you correctly?"

I turned to a parent. "On what?" I asked.

"Will you be baking at the next cake stall?" She asked.

I smiled but Gina spoke. "Terra said she might. Are you interested, Chelle?"

The small lady smiled shyly but her eyes sparkled. "I purchased your devils mud last stall. I loved it."

"Oh, thank you." I blushed.

"Seriously, I hope to see it again." Chelle smiled and walked off with an army of kids.

"They can't all be hers, can they?" I asked in amazement.

Gina laughed. "No. Three are hers, a couple nieces and nephews and a friend of hers kids too."

I grappled Kayla's hand and farewelled everyone.

"Aunty Terra. Are you cooking for the school again?" Came her tiny voice.

I smiled at her in the rear vision mirror. "Maybe. I can't promise anything, possum."

Kayla smiled. "Everyone loves your food. What are we cooking tonight?"

I thought about it. "Let's go to the shops to get an idea or two."

Kayla nodded her eyes sparkled. "Oh yes. I'm thinking chicken!"

Bugger, I wanted lamb. "You read my mind." I smiled as I turned towards the shop, maybe I could change her mind.

Hello and good morning/day/evening!

Here it is, the first chapter to Deliciously Tempting! I'm excited.

Yes I know, another short story.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

Vote and comment! xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 141 36
"You've become so damaged that when someone tries to give you what you deserve, you have no idea how to respond." He says taking a step closer to me...
993K 32.6K 46
Mature Content (Ages 17+) *BDSM/HUMOUR* Fate decides that two people, with completely different values and lives, shall be thrown into the same workp...
436K 17.3K 42
While working as a waitress at a high-end restaurant to get herself through graduate school, the last thing twenty-three year old Naomi Cole expects...
37.3K 1.1K 46
AU where Jasmine is just a 21-year-old working at her families restaurant. Anthony is just a 19-year-old who finished college early has his life laid...