A Touch Of Faith✔️ (Wattpad v...

De angel48183

Grace and Zack's daughter Faith is a senior in high school. Armed with her three best friends and her crazy f... Mais

Faith
Things are getting thick
Kai King
A grounding sucks
Family matters
Homecoming and getting close
First date and all that jazz
Confusion doesn't even explain things
Surprise, you thought this was over? Wrong
Life has its ups and down
Family dinner
Trouble is a brewing
When life hands you lemons, add sugar
Independence or something like that
Tricks or treats: a Halloween chapter
The significant fallout
Snow trapped
It's never too late to say you're sorry
Caught in the act
So, this is Christmas
Setbacks
The next day
Love all around: a Valentine chapter
Relationships are tricky
New beginnings all around us
It's all fun and games until you go camping: a spring break chapter
Prom night and other surprises
Finals craziness
Graduation at its best
Four years later: what have we've been up to
Epilogue

New year, new problems

2.8K 131 101
De angel48183

After Christmas, we got a surprise in the form of Jacob released. He still had to continue seeing a psychiatrist, and they issued him meds. They diagnosed Jacob with bi-polar and hypersexual tendencies. It would be a significant change for him and us, too.

Kai's dad went back a few days after Christmas, leaving Kai a little lost, plus he still hadn't adequately dealt with what his mom did. Papa called in a favor to someone.

We sat in the living room, and Kai was pacing back and forth when we heard a knock at the door. Dad answered it to find a guy a few years younger than Dad with jet black hair and ice-blue eyes standing there. Oh, my God, did they call the guy who played Damon Salvatore?

The guy walked in and shook Dad's hand. Then Dad looked at us. "This is Dr. Shaw. He's a friend of the family." Okay, maybe he wasn't the guy, but damn did he look like it. I couldn't help but drool.

"Um, Faith, honey, you got a bit of drool right there," Dad said, pointing to the corner of my mouth.

Oh, how embarrassing? Dr. Shaw chuckled.

"It's not the first time that I had girls drooling over me," Dr. Shaw said in a soft voice. "I'm sure Lydia will be pleased."

"Sorry," I said, my cheeks turning a faint pink as Kai gave me a look. I looked at him and shrugged.

"JJ! What a pleasant surprise. How's your dad?" Papa asked, shaking Dr. Shaw's hand.

"Dad's good. He said to tell you that he's sorry he couldn't make it, but the clinic keeps him busy," JJ said, shaking Papa's hand.

"That's good. That is Kai," Papa said, introducing them.

JJ pulled a file out of his bag and looked through it, "It seems we have a lot to discuss. Is there a room we can talk privately?"

"Faith, show JJ and Kai my office, please," Papa said. I nodded, and they followed me to Papa's office. Once they went inside, I closed the door and went back into the living room.

They were in Papa's office for over two hours now. I've always been curious to know what people talk about in there. Eventually, they came out, and JJ was talking to Kai and Papa. I watched as JJ left. Damn, he was hot. Most psychiatrists are dull looking, middle-age men with sweaters. He dressed sharply in slacks and a button-down shirt. It lay his hair entirely upon his head, and he was stunning.

As I sat there fantasizing about Dr. Shaw and drooling, I didn't realize people were calling my name, snapping me out of my lustful daydream.

"Faith," Kai said.

"Hmm," I responded, looking at everyone completely dazed as they all looked at me like I lost my damn mind.

"Are you done drooling over my doctor?" Kai asked.

"I was not drooling. I was admiring the way the good doctor took care of his appearance," I said casually.

Kai gave me a look.

"Okay, I was drooling, but have you seen the man? How is it possible to look like that?" I exclaimed.

"It's easy. JJ looks like his father, plus he has an identical twin," Papa said.

Oh, good lord. I think my nether regions exploded in full-blown lust.

"So, when is your next appointment?" I asked.

"In a week and no, you won't be here," Kai said.

"Oh, come on!" I exclaimed.

"No, the last thing I need is for my girlfriend having lustful thoughts about my doctor," Kai said as we went upstairs arguing about why I must be present when he sees his friendly, hot doctor. Okay, I need to stop.

In the next few weeks, they forbid me to go over Papa's house when JJ was there, conducting sessions with Kai, drat. That sucked. I mean, how can they keep me from admiring such beauty? I know I'm a horrible girlfriend, but damn the guy was terrific. His wife was one lucky girl. Why couldn't I be his wife? I need to get rid of these thoughts. That's when I got some help of my own.

"You know they will kill you when they find out what you are doing," Kira said.

"And therefore, they won't find out. Plus, I need to talk to someone about this," I said as Kira raised an eyebrow at me. We pulled up to a building, and I got out. I walked in and went up to the desk.

"Name?" The lady asked.

"Faith Bradley. I have a one o'clock appointment with Dr. Shaw," I said, trying to hide my giddiness.

"Ah, yes, Dr. Shaw will see you. Follow me," the lady said. I followed the receptionist back to JJ's office and took a seat, then she closed the door and went back upfront. I looked around the office. His office was neat and organized. Pictures hung on the wall of what appeared to be family members. His credentials also hung there.

The door opened, and I watched as JJ walked into the room, holding a folder and reading through it. Then he closed the door and walked to his desk, taking a seat in front of me. He closed the folder and set it down in front of me.

"Faith? Why are you here?" JJ asked, in a soft voice.

"I need some help," I replied.

"Okay. What do you need?" JJ asked.

I looked at JJ, and with as much confidence as I could manage, I said, "You."

A smile curled up on JJ's lips as he leaned back into his chair. "Have you thought this idea through when you came here?"

What kind of question is that? Yes, I did.

"Yes," I answered confidently.

JJ got up and strolled in front of his desk. JJ took a partial seat on his office desk in front of me while he crossed his arms. "So, you thought about the people that could get hurt with doing this?"

"Well, no," I said, not so sure about my answer.

"How will it destroy my career and family, never mind the damage it will do to your boyfriend and family?" JJ questioned.

"Well, when you put it that way, it seems kind of tawdry," I said, confused.

"Because it's a natural reaction to find other people attractive, but it's not natural to go after someone is already with someone," JJ said. His words weren't harsh or cold. They were simple.

"Guess I never thought of it that way," I said, sighing.

"We never do. Human emotion is so complex. It makes people do things without logic. There's nothing wrong with that, but you don't strike me as someone that wants to have a few minutes of fun that ends up in a lifetime of regret," JJ said with a soft smile.

"You sound like my dad," I mumbled.

"It helps when you're a father," JJ said. "I know I wouldn't want my daughters getting hurt by something they don't understand," he said, picking up a picture frame and handing it to me. In the picture were JJ, his wife, and two girls. They looked happy. I sighed, I couldn't let some stupid crush ruin that. It would be wrong.

I handed JJ the picture back.

"Sorry. I feel like a fool," I mumbled.

"Don't. It's flattering that girls still find me attractive after all these years, but that's all it is. I love my wife and family. I would never disrespect them in that way," JJ explained.

"You're a good man, Dr. Shaw. I hope one day I find someone like that," I reasoned.

"I think you already did," JJ reminded me.

I looked at JJ.

"Kai thinks the world of you. He frequently talks about you in his sessions. He says you're the one bright spot in his life," JJ mentioned.

"Yeah, well, Kai will not like me so much when he finds out that I made a pass at his doctor," I said with a shrug.

"I think Kai will forgive you," JJ said to me.

"Well, I better get going," I said, standing up. I extended my hand, and JJ shook it. I walked out of his office, trying to figure out what the hell I was going to say to Kai.

When I left the building, Kai was leaning against Kira's car with Kira next to him, fantastic. Guess it's time to face the music.

"Look, I'm sorry. It was a stupid crush, and I don't know what got into me," I said defensively.

Kai grabbed me and pulled me to him, planting a kiss upon my lips. Well, damn, I wasn't expecting that. He pulled back, "Oh Faith, sometimes I wonder about you."

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"Sometimes, your logic escapes me. Did you think Dr. Shaw would have a quickie with you?" Kai asked with a look.

"Well, no, I was hoping," I said, earning a look from Kai.

"You're crazy; you know that?" Kai said.

"Yeah, but that's one of the many great things you love about me," I grinned.

"Unfortunately, yeah, I do," Kai said, placing his hands on my face and giving me a soft kiss.

We headed back. Today I learned a valuable lesson, never hit on your boyfriend's doctor.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

152K 6.1K 51
RJ Jones, Ryan and Alex's youngest son, is in his last year of college, along with Jordan and Frazier's youngest kids. RJ hasn't met the right girl y...
1.4M 45K 30
Grace Cooper is a fighting girl. She lived with her brothers Grayson and Ace. Her mother worked day and night but spent her money on drinking. She s...
The Badgirl's Daughter De Nikki

Ficção Adolescente

175K 6K 38
*Sequel to The Badgirl's Story* (You don't need to read the first one to read this. But you really should so it makes a little more sense). *I will w...
1.6M 45.4K 69
SEQUEL to THE COACH'S DAUGHTER. Complete. One fateful night changed it all. Since being thrown in each other's worlds, Amelia and Zack have jumped ov...