To Love an Endangered Princes...

By WinterLightSky

When Draugathiel Maetharanel aka Saphira is a half elf half human, you would think that she was a freak. But... More

Eodoras with Eomer
Stalker, Friend or Foe?
Hybrid Princess vs. Elven Prince
Inner Galadriel
Race to Helm's Deep
Battle of Helm's Deep and Mixed Feelings
Saphira's Reflex
A Very Angry Haldir....Yikes
The Human Side of Me
Elvish Dances and I Love You's
Flee the Prophecy or Accept It?
Battle of Minias Tirith
Sacrifice to Fufill Your Destiny
Escape from Helm's Deep
Death with no hope of Ressurection
Back To Battle
Surging Tide
Death Awaits One
Breaking Hearts
Painful Encounters
Darkening Fate
Slow Down Time
Mysteries Unwraveled
Who's That?
I Feel So Old...
Sound the Call
True Heir of Gondor
King's Cold Heart
The Horrible Unspoken Truth
Time is Ticking
Shocker
Wedding Bells Ring
Sickening Feelings
Never Again
False Threats
Decided
This Is Our Big Night
Almost Time
I Do...Or Don't
Prophecy Child
Warming Hearts
I Consider It Running
Don't Be Scared
Truth Be Told
Assumtion My Ass!
Anger Unleashed
Difficult Tasks
Truth Revealed
No place to run, no place to hide
Alone, With a King
Into the Woods
The Glorious Chase
Every Action has an Equal Reaction
Odd Sense That I've Been Here Before
Major news!!!
What are you so afraid of??
Quick Note!!!
Unresolved Forces
Finally a Realization

To Love an Endangered Princess [Legolas Greenleaf Love]

3.3K 38 10
By WinterLightSky

Hi everyone I'm back with this new fanfic! I decided to finally try out making a fanfic and I hope that you all like it; message me so I know what your thoughts are! Hopefully you all understand what goes on here; don't be afraid to tell me about any spelling errors please! Thank you all so much! This is what’s happening during the battle of helms deep and it goes until after the fellowship destroys the ring.

My name is Draugathiel Maetharanel and it means wolf warrior princess. Don’t ask about the name, I know it’s long but I really don’t mind it after a while. Anyone just calls me Saphira for short. Saphira is a really cool name once you think about it; I didn’t really know what to call myself for short before until I went by that name. But enough about that, I am 3/4 elf and 1/4 human,unlike my mother who was named Narylfiel which means Fire Brand. She was the most beautiful half elf half human anyone would see, which is why my father Urúvion probably fell for her. He was the only full elf in our small family; his name meant Fiery. Well all was really peaceful for us and we lived in the borders of Rivendell even though we knew not of where we originated. I am almost convinced that we are not like any elvish tribe around, just a mix of mistakes I presume. But that one-day when I turned 900 years old, my mum and dad perished in a fire that raged through the Rivendell boarders. It was all a blur to me really because I was once hugging them goodbye as I left to try out a new bow they got me and then when I returned our house and everything I had (including them) were buried in ash and fallen timber. The only thing I found on the scene was an orc arrow, which I carry in my quiver with me at all times just to remind me of how helpless I was to stop their deaths from coming. This was the way I lived for many more years; alone and angered, fueled by the rage of my past.

Some 300 years later…

I rose at the break of dawn and stretched out, feeling my bones crack and stretch out. I was perched in an Ent, a tree herder to be precise. This particular one was named Oakwood for his bark was oak. I had made many a friend with the remaining Ents, and I often aided them in their everlasting search for Entwives. But today I was ready to go out and explore more. I was ready to leave Fangorn forest after all these years alone and brooding so I could go out and see why there was parts of my precious forest burning in the distance. Anyone who hurt my trees was someone who deserved to die in agony, the way my parents and the trees did.

“Going so soon little elfling?” groaned Oakwood slowly as he shifted from his rest position to turn towards me. I laughed and patted his roots gently before scooping up my bow and quiver.

“I won’t be going forever Oakwood. I’m not a little elfling anymore; I’m like 1100 years old now! I’ve seen many a thing these days, but I want to protect my forests just like you protect them. I need to be doing my duty out there too.” I stated calmly as I attached my daggers into my belt. I was wearing a tight tunic with a covering that had dark blue specks covering it all. My boots were black and covered most of my calves and I wore two dark blue gauntlets with a matching metal corset. My breasts, chest, and front shoulders were covered by elvish armor with a copper hue too it.

I fastened my dark blue cape around my shoulders before adjusting my hair. Dark brown locks cascaded down my back and a single strand hung over my right shoulder tied down with a golden hair ribbon. The last thing that was in my hair on my fateful birthday so many ages ago. My hair turned white at the tips as I aged, not because I was old, but because I was named after the white wolf. I’ll tell you more about that later. An Evenstar necklace from Rivendell was fastened loosely around my neck, a gift from my father when I was still very young. In my hair behind my left ear dangled a hawk feather from my late pet Flame who perished in the fire. For all I knew, most of my family had names that related to fire and heat. Thus our reputation for our ferocity in battle, at least that was what my father used to tell me. And in my small bag, I tucked away my elvish crown, the crown of the queen of white wolves. But it wasn’t important, the queen of white wolves had actually contributed to my naming, she gave me the crown so I could remember and I never asked why.

I hitched up my cape carefully stepping around Oakwood’s long roots before waving at him. He hummed a soft sad melody towards me before holding out his branched hand. Inside was a glimmering silver ring that looked like a twisted silver branch. I gasped as it shone in the sun, and slipped it tenderly onto my finger. It fit perfectly and it seemed to curl around my finger slightly as I felt its design.

“Made by an old wizard friend of mine. I’ve been meaning to give it to you but my mind is old and alas I forget many a time.” Oakwood sighed softly with regret prickling in his Ent eyes. I laughed and gave his leg a comforting hug.

“Oh no regrets about it old friend. I will remember you forever and more with this ring. But now, I really should be going because I have yet to discover what lies amongst the outer borders of the Fangorn forest.” And with that I let out a soft whistle that traveled deep into the shadows and perches of the Fangorn forest, passing through like a shudder.

Legolas’s POV

Why would two hobbits like Merry and Pippin go running off into Fangorn forest? Aragon and Gimli along with myself had been chasing the orcs for days to find them, and now they go into this forsaken place! I knew of these trees from what my father has told me, but little did I know that so much has changed from the stories he told me. The trees are old, and they were filled with anger and rage. I couldn’t hold them responsible one bit; Sauron and Sarumon were both very powerful now, and this was no doubt their doing causing the trees anger.

“Come on Gimli, lower your axe. The trees have feelings too. Elves began it.” I murmured softly following Aragon through the dense tree trunks. Gimli hesitantly lowered his axe and huffed as we trekked on.

Suddenly Aragon paused, making me nearly run into his back. I stopped myself just in time though, but Gimli went crashing into my back full vigor.

I bit my tongue to keep from lashing out at him and instead drew my attention towards a sound that echoed through the woods. It was a soft yet eerie whistle that set the trees on edge and made my skin prickle. Instinctively I drew an arrow from my quiver and notched it in my bow, ready for anything. The resonance faded away gradually, and soon even my hearing couldn’t make out any more of it.

Aragon must have felt otherwise because he turned to his left and unsheathed his sword. Gimli followed suit with his axe, feeling glad to do so again even though he didn’t know why he was doing it. I felt confusion whipping up inside of me as I aimed my bow in the direction they were facing.

Aragon stiffened and I suddenly felt a change in the air. “The white wizard approaches…don’t let him speak or he will put a spell on us!”

Saphira’s POV

I waited patiently near Oakwood for my mount. Normal elves would roll their eyes at me most likely but hey, don’t judge! There was a sudden growl that erupted from behind Oakwood, and he visibly looked alarmed. I only gave him an apologetic grin before calling out, “come here Faelwen! Now!”

A figure leapt out from behind Oakwood and crawled on its talons towards me. Oakwood let out a partial gasp and I myself felt a little lightheaded as I stared into the creature’s deep purple eyes. Faelwen was no ordinary mount, she was a Nazgul Dragon.

Av-'osto Faelwen. Novaer Oakwood.” [Do not fear Faelwen. Be good Oakwood] and then I nodded and I hopped onto Faelwen and together we ascended into the skies.

Legolas’s POV

We found Gandalf! Well, at least the newest version of him; he fell whilst we were in the mines of Moria and everyone in the fellowship thought he had surely perished. But no, here he was again, but instead standing before us as Gandalf the White. My head felt joyful and my heart pounded with joy at being reunited with an old friend, but I sobered up and listened as Gandalf filled us in on the well being of the Hobbits.

Aragon was glad to hear that the two little ones were in good hands once more, but Gimli was thinking about other things now. He started to complain that he was hungry, and that he had had nothing to eat over the past few nights we had been running. I let out a small chuckle, and I earned a glare from Gimli who went right on back to complaining about his stomach. Dwarves, they never stop talking!

Saphira’s POV

As we soared unseen over Isengard I felt the old fires in my heart become reignighted as I looked upon the distasteful sight of the place. My trees, my friends were being burnt right and left in forges to build orc armor and create new ugly creatures. My elf eyes let me see the horrors of what was stirring beneath everything and I heard my tree friends groan and wail as they’re cries were cut short as they were each engulfed by the flames of a roaring forge.

Faelwen felt my discomfort and made a rumbling sound in her throat to comfort me. I knew that she wouldn’t openly talk through our mind link while we were above enemy territory and if she opened her mouth to cry out it would hurt everyone’s ears. And bring unwanted attention; so it was best to stay hidden and silent. I finally tore my gaze away from the sight below me and steered Faelwen towards the southern planes of Rohan. I had to warn the king and his people about what was about to befall onto them if they did not act fast.

Couple Hours Later…

I could see the plains of the fields of Rohan from my perch on Faelwen. My Nazgul was prey here because they weren’t thought of as nice dragons and I could sense her uneasiness as she navigated lower onto the plains. We landed softly and I jumped off of her before patting her side comfortingly. I knew of the danger she was in here, and I didn’t want to risk seeing her caught.

“Abarad Faelwen, Boe I’waen ten' sii'.” [Until tomorrow Faelwen, I must go for now.] Then I sent her off and she soared into the sky and finally out of sight. And so my journey on foot began along the vast plains of Rohan to the city of Eodoras.

Legolas’s POV

Gandalf and the rest of the remaining fellowship and I traveled towards Eodoras on horseback. Gandalf rode the lord of all horses Shadowfax and Aragon rode his steed Hasufel and Gimli and myself rode on the back or a white stallion named Arod. Honestly I didn’t want to run into Eomer of Rohan anymore, not after he insulted Gimli’s size. No one makes fun of my friends if I can help it.

Aragon was talking to Gandalf about our meeting with the banished Riders of Rohan and Gimli for once was silent as he could get. I skimmed the landscape and tuned out the sounds of voices. It was all peaceful and quiet now, but there were no trees and hardly any signs of wildlife. Just to be specific, I do not think that wargs would count as wildlife so I was glad that there were none here yet. We rode on and the steady trot of Arod calmed my nerves and I felt the balanced heaves of Arod’s chest as he moved onwards. Finally the kingdom of Eodoras appeared on the rise, framed against the snowy mountain peaks. A lone hill left in the middle of the plains; it seemed; out of place.

Saphira’s POV

I had barely started walking when I became aware that there was hoof beats nearing where I was walking. My instinct made me throw up my hood and tuck my hair in before pulling out my dagger. The bow wasn’t going to do any good now; I mean it was no use wasting arrows on horses. I spun around quickly and raised my dagger just as a huge dark brown stallion reared up in front of me with a high-pitched neigh. I shielded my eyes from the sun and the dark shadow that now loomed in front of me and tried my best to look like a man. Who knows what type of trouble I could get into if they discovered I was a woman!

The figure on the horse peered at me through his helmet, which bore the telltale figure of a horse; he was a rider of Rohan. I lowered my eyes and hoped for once that my face wouldn’t give me away to anyone. I reached up and pulled my hood further over my head, and suddenly I had a hundred some spears pointed at me.

“What was that for?” I questioned in a deeper voice than I normally had. That was when I caught sight of my dagger, still in my hand.

“Oh, sorry about that.” I apologized and tucked the dagger back into my belt. I felt the leader’s gaze burning a hole in my hood as I stared at the ground. Please don’t let him know please don’t let him know!

“What is a hooded stranger like you doing on Rohan’s territory?” he growled, unsheathing his sword and coming forwards. I raised my hands in a surrender position and backed up. But of course I didn’t get far because I nearly ran into a spear, which prodded my back forward.

“I mean you no harm, I have come to warn you all about a danger that is being forged in Isengard. You must tell your king!” I told him as calmly yet forcefully as I could manage.

The man took off his helmet and revealed a young face with long dirty blonde hair and deep brown eyes. My breath stopped for a second and I lifted my eyes just long enough to stare. Suddenly he gave me a strange look and I lowered my gaze again.

“Lower your hood stranger.” He demanded, and I shook my head, backing up again as far as I could before running into yet another spear.

The man advanced on me suddenly and I could do nothing as he reached up and ripped not just my hood, but also my entire cape off and throwing it onto the ground. Men around him gasped, and he himself looked a bit taken aback.

“And what is a she-elf doing so far from her kingdom?” he questioned, and I lowered my gaze ashamed. I pulled my hair over my left ear and allowed my right ear to be in full view. It was a bit of a habit; I don’t really like talking about it.

“I’m half elf half human sir. My name is Saphira and I don’t mean to harm anyone here; I just need to warn the king about…” he cut me off rudely.

“Theoden no longer recognizes friend or foe; not even his own kin. Sarumon has poisoned the mind of the king and taken lordship over these lands.”

I let out a gasp and my hand flew to my mouth. I had known that Theoden was a wise and great ruler through many of the trees. But I hadn’t known that I was too late to warn him. I felt a tear build up in my eye and I buried my face in my hands.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 199 40
~Completed~ Forced into self-exile, Elfwyn, daughter of King Theoden and Princess of Rohan, sets out to find help for her failing kingdom. Drawn to R...
6.9K 618 50
Second installment in the Fëanoriel Chronicles. 35 years after the War of the Ring, the children of the heroes must go on their own quest to save Mid...
6.3K 193 27
"I love her, she loves me. That's ALL THAT MATTERS to me in this dark, evil, corrupt world." After an attack on Mirkwood by an unknown enemy, Legolas...
320K 10.8K 30
An Elleth named Eleniel was captured by a party of Orcs 500 years ago from her home and killed her family in front of her. she was tortured, abused a...