Darkening Fate

“Merry! It’s me Saphira!” I cried, and he grinned before pulling at another hobbit near him.

“Look Pippin, there she is! I told you I knew the Princess of the White wolves! Isn’t she amazing?” I laughed at Merry’s introduction and bowed to Pippin before slicing two orc’s heads clean off their shoulders.

“Pleasure to meet you Pippin!” I smiled as I patted his shoulder. Pippin looked awed staring up at me, but when an orc got to close for his liking he stabbed it in the stomach until it died.

“The pleasure is all mine Princess!” he cried dancing around a little bit before slashing madly at an orc that got far too close to him once again.

I helped them out a little before asking them over the roar of the battle around us, “So what’s the plan here?”

Merry shouted as softly as he could so the enemy around us couldn’t hear it. “We are a distraction so Sauron keeps his eye on us and away from where Frodo and Sam are trying to destroy the ring.”

My eyes widened and I nodded quickly before I caught something out of the corner of my eyes. I snapped my head around just in time to see Aragon go flying to the ground as a huge cave troll stomped down on top of him. I screamed and shoved my way through the throng of fighting orcs and men towards him. Aragon was trying to get up but the troll just put its ugly mutated foot on his chest to pin him down. I saw nothing else, just my target, and I launched myself into the air and stabbed my blade right through the troll’s face.

The troll stumbled back, its dying cries echoing in all different directions. I hung on as it fell back, and as it lay dead on the ground with my sword imbedded in its mauled face, I spit upon it before yanking my sword out.

“That was for my kingdom you little piece of filth.” I spat out before rushing over the body to assist Aragon who was standing up as best as he could. He stared at me bewildered before I pushed him back into battle.

“No time to explain! Don’t tell the elf just fight! We’ll talk later!” and then I shoved him back into the fight before I continued to battle the orcs around me.

Legolas’s POV

            I was sure that Aragon was just here a minute ago! That cave troll was ready to crush him with its mace; how did he get away? I spun around in a full three sixty-degree turn trying to look for whoever might have saved him, but I saw nothing but men and orcs all bloody and still fighting for their lives. No sooner had I looked around than I saw Aragon fighting a couple orcs at once near me; how did he get there so fast?

Saphira’s POV

            I ran from a particularly large orc who was wielding a club. I winced and freaked out before running in the opposite direction. Maybe tiring it out might help me evade this one!

I led it through a bunch of zigzag patterns before it collapsed in a tired heap. I brandished my sword and was about to finish it off when the mountain exploded from within Mordor! The explosion threw me off, but right after it I ended up fighting to keep my footing as the ground around the orcs began to crumble and cave in. I scrambled against the moving ground, and I looked up just in time to see the legendary eye of Sauron collapse and vaporize into dust as it collided with the ground. The forces of Mordor were defeated, we had won! Frodo had destroyed the ring!

I laughed and pumped my fist in the air, celebrating at how victorious we were until another fearful shake moved our feet, and the volcano blew its top a second time! Debris from the volcano rained down the sides of it and I watched in shock as hot magma bubbled over the sides and down the cliff. Frodo was still in there!