This Is Our Big Night

Saphira’s POV

            “Concentrate Saphira, feel the heat and fire inside of you and channel it!” the queen’s voice echoed through my head as I fought to control an emense ball of fire in my hands. I had been at this for at least a couple weeks now, it was nearing the time that my trainning was complete. I had harnessed my emotions after a vast amount of confessions and I created multipe defenses in order to protect my kingdom with another long week of intense labor on my part. Learning to control the endless flow of power and strength inside of me was not an easy job.

“Saphira, you are losing it! Focus Saphira, don’t let go!”

I shoved my hands forwards and shoved as much energy and power as I could into the flaming ball and with a blast it exploded into millions of explosives that set off major trembles throughout the mountain. I could hear the queen’s sigh of content as she bathed in the warm light of a new window, yes I worked that hard to create a window. I dropped to my knees and stared at the ground exhausted. I had finally done it, I had harnessed the very escence of my power and soul. All I had to do now was leave for Rohan and find the courage to marry Eomer.

Eomer’s POV

            There was much to be done in the few weeks that she was gone. I had many servants around put up the royal seal of Rohan and I had all the horses decked out in their finest attire. I invited Aragon and Gimli, but I avoided inviting any elves because I knew of the trouble that was caused last time we ran into them. Eowyn responded quickly to my invite, saying that I was one lucky guy to be marrying Saphira. I actually placed it on my beside table so I would be sure to show Saphira when she returned.

I walked out and admired how cleaned up and fancy the place was getting. Elven flowers decorated the walls where torches once were; I thought it would be good just to make her feel like she was in her natural habitat and I went through a lot just to get Elrond to send me some of the plants. The only reason he finally gave me them was because I invited him and a few elves to go to the wedding. I guess a few elves wouldn’t hurt as long as they weren’t Legolas and Vanya.

I watched as the cooks in the kitchen toiled endlessly over the same decoration on the cake that was being made. I knew Saphira would want something simple but beautiful and I had them blend a swirl of red, orange, and yellow together to create a firey design for the covering. It was turning out to be really fantastic, and then a servant ran into me from behind.

“What do you want?” I snapped at him, waiting to hear the excuse for running into me. The man shuddered and gulped before replying, “Princess Saphira is here my king. I was told to give this message to you…” he trailed off as I shot past him towards the main hall. He didn’t need to say anymore, I knew what to do.

Saphira’s POV

            As I rode into the kingdom of Rohan my breath caught in my throat at the transformation. All along the main hall, my homeland’s flowers and moss lined the walls, giving off a very beautiful scent as they mingled with the smell of fresh bread and…cake? I wandered out of the hall and caught sight of the chefs in the kitchen and I saw the most wonderful looking wedding cake sitting atop a stool cooling. Tears came to my eyes as I saw the swirls of my newfound fire powers and I lit a small flame in my hand just to compare it.