I Feel So Old...

Legolas’s POV

            What? Uncle? Huh?

“Uh Saphira did you just call him your uncle?” I questioned and Aragon didn’t look the least bit surprised. Gimli coughed up his draught and spat it all over Merry who stared at Saphira shocked. Pippin had his mouth agape as he stared up at her too, and she shifted under all the gazes clearly uncomfortable.

“Yeah, I did. I really didn’t want to come back here because I knew he’d know who I was, everyone here does. I just wanted to be normal for a little, I hate being royalty.” She rushed out before Elronde put a gentle arm around her shoulders and stared at her features a moment before giving her a strong hug.

“You are always welcome here Draugathiel Maetharanel of the White Wolves. My brother would be proud to see you like this, all grown up and practically my age!”

Saphira let out a dry laugh but when he mentioned how close their ages were she tensed a bit and her eyes became clouded and misty. But she blinked quickly and any sign of her emotions were gone and I cursed myself for not thinking anything over before bringing her.

Saphira’s POV

            Elronde asked me to walk with him right after we finally saw each other for the first time in what seemed like forever. I followed him away from my friends and Legolas who cast a weary glance at me. I winced when my eyes connected with his and I walked away quickly after Elronde. We walked amongst the flower garden and I remembered every place from my childhood, running with Haldir amongst the rose bushes pretending that we were in the Fangorn Forest and near the lake where Elronde would teach me western and different languages that were once unknown too me. I stared at the views and sights and sighed, not knowing why I didn’t want to return in the first place.

“It’s been so long since I’ve set foot in any elvish place. I hardly remembered that I was raised so much here.” I murmured and Elronde gave me a sympathetic look.

“I know it was hard for you to stay under the conditions of your parent’s death, I don’t blame you for leaving and not wanting to come back. To be brutally honest none of us knew you had survived, we hadn’t seen you leave at all and the house was unrecognizable from the fire. We should have tried harder to look for you, I am sorry for giving up too fast.”

I gave him a small smile as we sat together on a swing fastened onto a tree branch overlooking the palace. I leaned my head onto his shoulder and felt him wrap his arm around me; and I smiled more.

“My father used to take me up here, when you were busy becoming the king of Rivendell.”

He stared out at the view a little more before guiding me back to the palace and towards my room. It was next to his, and I bit back a snort of laughter but for the most part he knew what I was thinking.

“I don’t want to lose track of you again Saphira. And whatever you do please don’t do anything I wouldn’t do…” he trailed off and then gave me a knowing smile before going into his room.

I stared after him a little longer before entering my own room and locking it behind me. My room was simple and plain in color but the bed was elegant and it looked to pretty to mess up. But I was super tired so I just removed my top armor and fell asleep with my regular garments on.