Mysteries Unwraveled

Legolas’s POV

She rode the freaking daughter of Shadowfax lord of all the horses! I was going to offer her a ride on my horse, but then a beautiful light brown almost golden mare with unique chocolate flamed markings rode up beside Arod and almost made him bolt! Never before had I laid eyes on such a remarkable creature, especially one with a crystalized enchanted horn on its head; the heir of Shadowfax was a unicorn! I couldn’t believe my eyes, she was magnificent!

“Quit staring Legolas you’re making her anxious.” Saphira teased lightly as she mounted her horse. Like me, she rode without a saddle or bridle, relying on her mount’s mane to keep her balance. Together we bid a goodbye to Aragon and Sam, who thanked Saphira over and over for saving his and Frodo’s life before we headed off the path and towards the Fangorn Forest, my Arod having to struggle to keep up with the daughter of Shadowfax. I didn’t really urge him on any faster than I already did, I mean no one can match the will and strength of the horse lords and their kin.

Saphira’s POV

Legolas didn’t talk much to me, I didn’t know if it was because there was nothing to talk about or he was just confused. I didn’t know a lot of things, I just wanted to get back to my kingdom and lift Legolas’s ban.

We rode all day till we arrived under the light of the moon at the cavern entrance to the mountain. A few white wolves bared their teeth at our coming but withdrew respectfully after I glared at them. I might be nice but they should know who they serve. The queen met us at the crystal arch, and her hackles raised when she laid eyes on Legolas standing behind me tensed up.

“The elven prince shouldn’t be here. He was banned.” She snapped in wolf to me. I knew very well of why he was not welcome here, but he was not at fault for my really early passing.

“My queen, I ask of you to remove his ban. It was not his fault that I left early, I took it upon myself to save Eowyn. You have no reason to ban him, lift his banishment.”

I stayed calm as the queen stalked up towards Legolas who looked very close to drawing his bow and shooting her. I reached back and gripped his hand reassuringly and he relaxed a little but his eyes were guarded. The queen walked up to him and glared up at him before placing one delicate paw on his foot and bowing her head in acceptance. I saw Legolas’s jaw drop, apparently he wasn’t expecting her to submit into letting him come and go as he pleased.

“You are allowed out of your banishment Prince Legolas of Mirkwood. Do not abuse this trust.” She warned him before turning on her paws and walking away. It was only then that I launched myself happily into his arms and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

“I told you so.” I teased him before grabbing his hand and dragging him into the palace.

Legolas’s POV

When Saphira was in her rightful home she looked more magnificent then ever. The crystal walls gave off a brighter glow when she walked past, as if they were lighting up just for her. Her already soft brown eyes shone brighter as she seemed to float as she walked along. She was perfect, a perfect match for me.

“Legolas, you seem to have a lot on your mind, care to share? Hey I rhymed!” she giggled at her own joke and I gave her a smile. She was so happy all the time, it was hard to think her death had any affect on her.

“I hate to say this Saphira, but I think I have to get along to Rivendell now.” I stated, and looked down at my shoes avoiding her gaze. I didn’t want to leave so fast; I mean I just arrived here with her, but I had to get back to Frodo and the rest of the fellowship.

A small gentle hand landed on my shoulder and squeezed it softly. “I know Legolas, I’ll come with you.”

Saphira’s POV