Wedding Bells Ring

Legolas’s POV

            I watched as some of Father’s servants milled around trying to straighten things out in the aisles and rows upon rows of chairs for the attendees who were soon too come. I knew from Princess Vanya that her parents and her one true love Thalion would be in attendance since he worked as a personal guard. My mind spun as I thought about all the people attending to watch me start a forced life with someone I didn’t love. I also knew that Vanya was feeling terrible and she tried to pass off as sick this morning but father just brushed it off lightly. So basically any event would not stop Thranduil from having us marry.

            “Prince Legolas it is time for you to get dressed.” One of the servants held out my folded garments too me and I barely glanced at them before I nearly broke down in tears. Stop it Legolas you are a full-grown elf, don’t think about it! I nodded briefly to him and took the clothes before shooing everyone out so I could change. But seriously I was thinking of jumping out of the window so I could escape this cruel fate.

            Saphira’s POV

            Eomer and I rode side by side as we entered the kingdom of Mirkwood. I stared at the scenery pretending to be shocked at everything, but in truth I was disgusted at what Mirkwood really looked like. The design was beautiful but the state it was in was poor and reminded me of Thranduil’s cold heart. I gripped the stirrups of my horse Wind Breaker who I had borrowed from Eomer who had said it was Eowyn’s horse before she left for Gondor. I couldn’t bring my eyes off of the arch ahead of us which was the stable that we were to hold our horses in whilst we were in the ceremony. I became uneasy as I caught sight of two elven guards standing watch at the front of the stables checking in our horses and I had to self consciously pull my hood up further hoping they wouldn’t recognize me.

            The two guards looked at us before asking Eomer for our names. Eomer answered without hesitation and I thought for a moment he would actually say my real name, but he said, “I am King Eomer of Rohan accompanied by my cousin Lady Lona. We are here to claim our places in Prince Legolas of Mirkwood’s marriage to the Princess.”

            The guard nearest to me looked at us up and down before peering under my hood. He met my icy glare and withdrew quickly and Eomer visibly tensed catching the attention of the other guard.

            “Are you sure this is your cousin King Eomer? We were not informed of this…” he trailed off as Eomer raised his hand for silence.

            “You might doubt me but would you doubt a king? Do not ask my cousin to prove to you I am of royal blood, and I always uphold my claims. Does this girl look like she could do any harm?” Eomer gestured towards me and I pretended to look as frail as I could and I acted as if I were scared of them. The guards shrugged and motioned us to pass them and enter the stable. I then let out my breath I had been holding, that was really close.

            Eomer helped me unsaddle Wind Breaker and I kept playing along because I was aware that the guards were still watching the area and probably us so I had to keep playing along. I purposely tripped over the doorframe of the stall and Eomer faked catching me and we grinned at each other when the guards turned away from us and I stifled a laugh. We were totally rocking this disguise.