Inner Galadriel

Saphira’s POV

Legolas let out a gasp as he looked at my ear. I know I was different, but I didn’t know he had never seen anything like it before. I nodded softly before turning my human eared side back to him and staring at him defiantly.

“Is that enough for you? I really want to be left alone right now so if you would just leave it would be much appreciated.”

Legolas recoiled as I snapped at him. Prince or no Prince he wasn’t allowed to boss me around like this. I glared openly at him; all signs of fear in my body gone. He stared at me a while longer before his gaze clouded in anger. If there was one thing that could tick a prince off, it was totally this. Legolas took one angry step towards me and the only thing that registered in my mind was “He’s going to attack” and then I brought my fist back and delivered a full-blown punch to his face.

My fist met his face and the collision knocked him back. My feet moved back a little but I stayed on my feet whereas he fell to the ground unconscious. Dang it, I just knocked out the Prince of Mirkwood. Now what do I do?

Legolas’s POV

When I woke my vision was blurred at first. I didn’t know where I was or what I was doing, until it all came rushing back to me on a surge of memories. I sat bolt upright and realized that everyone was just waking up around me. Somehow, I don’t know how, I was back in my quarters with the rest of the Fellowship. Aragon was to my right and was just stirring. Merry and Gandalf were on my left still waking up. I rubbed my left cheek self-consciously and winced. There were never bruises on my body but the places that there should have been bruises would hurt an awful lot for a while. Did I dream the whole thing or was the she-elf or girl or whatever she was, real?

Saphira’s POV

I woke up and the sun was rising. Servants were bustling outside already serving breakfast in the main hall so I got up and stretched. I basically slept in my tunic and everything minus the armor and weapons, although I had one dagger hidden under my pillow. That encounter with Legolas had left me twisting and turning the rest of the night, and I really didn’t want to think about it. I felt really bad about knocking him out cold but I felt a little better when I remembered I placed him back in his room. I have to admit it was hard to carry him over sleeping figures, and I almost dropped him when I saw Gandalf’s eyes open. But I was glad that he just slept with his eyes open and didn’t stay up all night.

I left my armor off as I washed my face in the water that lay near the balcony. I scraped the collecting layers of dirt off my skin and hands before running a wooden brush through my hair. My hair was a huge mess, and the one lone strand tied back by my golden band was barely in place. Stray hairs flirted everywhere on my head and I had to dampen it with a quick douse of water to make it stay flat. I ran a towel through my hair before combing through it again. Much better, now the comb ran through neatly and cleanly. Then I pulled my hair up into an elvish forest braid (really French braid in real life) before securing the bottom with my gold tie.

I looked at myself in the mirror and angled my head so I could see both my ears. One elf and one human. What was I supposed to do with this? I stared at my reflection helplessly until suddenly I heard a sweet melodic voice echo into my head.

What you want is not very hard. Do you want to appear normal Draugathiel Maetharanel?

            I scrunched my face up and looked around. There was no one in sight, who was talking too me?

            “Who are you?” I wondered out loud, hoping that no one close would here me talking to myself.

            You have known me before child. I am Galadriel Lady of Lórien, the one who promised you mother I would guide you through your toughest times.

            I shook my head again and racked my brain trying to figure out who she was. I heard the name before, my mother used to mumur it to me while I was playing in the woods or trainning. I guess I know why now.

            “Why have you come to talk to me?” I thought to her. I wasn’t sure if she could hear me, but it was worth a shot.

            Oh young one you are worth more than you know. Many elves and men alike don’t even know such an elf-human exists. You are an exceptional youngling Saphira.

            “What do you mean my lady?” I asked her timidly.

            I will teach you slowly, but you have to keep an open mind to this. Do you accept my offer?

            “Anything to look or appear normal.” I answered boldly.

            I don’t know about that. (Little chuckle) But I will teach you first how to make your ears look either elf or human. All you half to do is think about which form you would want to look like and your ears will reflect your choice. When you want to take off the disguise just think back to your real soul inside of you and you will go back to the way you truly are.

            I stared at my reflection in the mirror. One ear was pointed and one ear was of an elf. Which one would I choose to appear as?

            “Lady Galadriel I choose my human ear.” I thought, and then I concentrated on my reflection.

            I let my mind imagine my human form with two normal man ears and I felt a tingling consciousness stir in my arms and travel up into my ears. My eyes wandered up to my reflection again and I broke my concentration and gasped. Instead of two different ears, I had two fully human ears!

            “My lady, thank you so much! You have no idea how much this means too me!” I thought thankfully, but she didn’t respond. I guess she wasn’t really the socializing type. 

I took one last glance at my hair before fastening my belt around my waist and tucking my dagger into it. I hid my weapons under some vines on the balcony and then made my way down to the dinning hall where everyone was gathering for breakfast.

Legolas’s POV

I sat there in the dining hall next to Gimli. He was wolfing down fresh roasted ham and beef while I was eating a bit of leftover bread and an apple. I wasn’t too picky with what I ate but I didn’t exactly feel that hungry either. I cast my gaze around lazily, taking a slow bite of my apple before getting a disapproving look from Gimli.

“Legolas you elves don’t eat the good stuff. Enough with the fruits and greens have some good food for once! You should try the salted pork too, it’s the best that I have had since forever!”

I chuckled and continued to scan the room. I was kind of hoping to get a glimpse of that girl that I had seen the night before. Was it all a dream or did I actually attack her and later get knocked out?