Hybrid Princess vs. Elven Prince

Saphira’s POV

I slipped into my room unseen. Theoden had been kind enough to give me a room to stay in for the night and I gladly accepted. I was still a bit mad at him for deciding to leave Eomer behind and make for Helm’s Deep, but I guess it was manageable. I just had to accept that he was running instead of fighting.

Gandalf and I had taken a walk near the courtyard where he had explained everything too me. I was updated on what had happened while I was supposedly “dead” to the world and I couldn’t help but feel sheepish for not knowing the fellowship along with himself were in the Fangorn Forest while I was preparing to leave. We talked as old friends would, and we were too. We had met when I was still a young elf and he became my friend through many times. In fact, I was sure he was present when I was born, but I can’t be sure.

Our talk had ended when he excused himself to rest for the journey in a few days. I then made my way back through the courtyard before slipping into my room. It was dark inside of it because I hadn’t lit the candles. I couldn’t see much so I left the door ajar so I could use the hall lights to find the candles. I struck a match, and held the flame close to the tip of the nearest candle before moving onto the next one. I had lit about three candles now, and the room was already so bright that I decided to stop. I blew out my little torch and then I walked over to the door to close it. My hand reached up to close it and then the door was flung open and I was tossed to the ground.

I flew onto the floor and hit hard, stunning myself in the process. A blurry figure leapt on me and I could feel it fumbling to get my hands pinned down. My anger then clouded my vision and I used all the power I had in my legs and shoved the outline off of me. It went crashing into the wall but recovered quickly, and I drew my sword just as it released an arrow from its bow.

Time slowed down as I watched the arrow fly from the string and make a beeline towards my chest. My heartbeats echoed in my ears as I turned my sword’s hilt in my hand, and then I swung it; and the arrow spun away landing in two pieces.

“What? How could that be?” a light male voice gasped from the figure. I shook my head and cleared my vision and caught a glimpse of my attacker. Tall with long white hair and wearing a forest green tunic with gray leggings and elvish boots. His eyes were the brightest blue ever, and his ears were pointed at the tips. I let out a collective gasp and dropped my sword to the ground.

“It can’t be…you’re…you’re Legolas Greenleaf!”

Legolas’s POV

I eyed the girl as she looked at me. I had never seen her before, it was strange. I would have thought that in all my years alive I would have seen her at least once but she was strangely unfamiliar. Her ears weren’t pointed at the tips at all, so she couldn’t be an elf.

“You’re Legolas Greenleaf!” she cried out suddenly and she let her sword clang to the ground.

My eyes snapped back up to her face and I glared at her. “How do you know me? And what are you doing here?”

I raised my bow and notched another arrow before pointing it at her. She nervously edged towards the door but I leapt in front of her and slammed it shut. She started to shake and then she reached down and retrieved her sword before aiming it at me.

“Answer me human!” I demanded, aiming my arrow at her chest. That was when I looked up and met her eyes for the first time.

Blue orbs clashed with dark swirls of brown and I was at a loss for words. The girl was wearing a tight tunic with a covering that had dark blue specks covering it all. Her boots were black and covered most of her calves and she wore two dark blue gauntlets with a matching metal corset. Her chest, and front shoulders were covered by elvish armor with a copper hue too it. Everything that she wore defined her shape and showed off her curves in the right places. It was, enthralling really.

She broke her gaze and shuffled in place. I lowered my bow and tucked my arrow away before advancing on her. Her instinct was making her take steps backwards until she was pressed against the wall in fear.

I approached her until we were nearly a half a foot apart. She shook visibly but her eyes held much power and were so enchanting…no Legolas, focus.

“What are you doing here human?” I asked again, only this time more calmly. She lowered her head and looked down at the ground.

“I’m not full human my prince.” She murmured before turning her head. I let out a surprised gasp. The other ear that was hidden in her hair was revealed, and it was pointed at the tip. She was part human, part elf!