Warming Hearts

• Dedicated to Cade

Oh my gosh!!!! So many votes and readers, this calls for yet another massive update!!!!! Omg thank you all sooooooooo much for your comments and reads, it means so much too me! Chase the stars!~MissMovingOn1

Legolas’s POV

            I started off at Rivendell, visiting Elrond. He seemed happy and joyful, and he congratulated me on a successful marriage to pure elven blood. I winced at the mention of pure elven blood, knowing that this was not successful in my eyes. I was invited to stay in Rivendell for the feast of the stars, but I declined, knowing that my father would want me to come back soon and there was so much more to do and explore in the world.

            I exited Rivendell on the back of Arod before glancing up at the Misty Mountains in the distance. I guessed it would be about a half month to fully get up there to see Saphira, and my time starts now. I will find you Saphira; I will always be here for you. I love you.

            Saphira’s POV

            I fed and dressed Raina in some clothes that I whipped up whilst she was being babied by the staff. Servants and soldiers alike couldn’t believe how identical we looked, and this was just happening. I still couldn’t believe that she was of human kin, she acted energetic like the elven folk when they were younger.

            “Mommy!” I turned just as she ran up to me and I caught her up in my arms as we ended up sprawled out on the ground and the servant girls around me laughed at both of us. I smiled and lifted her up before twirling her in a circle in the air and just enjoying the call of motherhood. I stared into her deep brown eyes, and for a moment I saw my reflection, the queen of Rohan. I let out a startled gasp and I placed her down abruptly before stumbling to the ground. A few servants around me gasped and some came to my aid whilst a kind cook ushered Raina away before she could see anything else. I held my head in my hands as I stared at the ground horrified at what I had become. I was the queen of Rohan and the Princess of the White Wolves. But, for the first time in a while I let a certain elf into my mind, and our thoughts clashed for a brief picture of memories.

            Dancing in Helm’s Deep, kissing me under the moonlight, me running from him scared to admit my feelings, his anguish at my death, everything rushed back to me as I lay there on the floor. I felt like I was dying from the inside, and I knew what was going on. My heart would never let me love Eomer, no matter how hard I wanted too. I was always in love with Legolas; he was whom I was meant to be with, forever. No other man or elven kin would settle my heart’s desire for him; I felt a drive of sadness wash through me as I stared unseeingly at the ceiling with a blur of voices around me. My vision blurred as I fought to stay conscious but I slipped away just as Eomer’s face came into my sights and the last thing I remember was his strong arms wrapping around me before I submitted to the darkness.

            Legolas’s POV

            It’s only been two days and I have been constantly fighting orcs. There is no slack for me here, I had to sleep in a tree and turn Arod loose for the night so we could stay safe. I now slept with my bow with a notched arrow on it ready in case I had to appear suddenly or take flight. Right now I kept my gaze on the Misty Mountains ahead of me, which were just barely getting closer as Arod pushed through the dense forests of the Lorien forest. I was actually surprised that no one had stopped me yet, Haldir was always patrolling, what was the issue?

            I heard a rustle come from behind me at that exact moment before I jumped off of Arod swiftly and aimed my arrow the same time an elven guard of Lorien aimed his. I lowered my arrow and he gasped as he recognized who I was.