Who's That?

• Dedicated to The Bestest Friend Ever

Saphira’s POV

When I woke up I swore to the queen of white wolves I never had slept so well in forever. I was leaning against Legolas’s chest as he was sleeping with his back against a tree. He just looked so cute, and I slowly got up and walked around him to our horses. Silivrenniel rolled her eyes at me and Arod stomped impatiently as I grabbed his tack.

“Wait a little Arod I just woke up. Hold on.” I whispered softly to him as I slipped his bridle and saddle onto him as gently as I could. I didn’t want to wake Legolas anyway, he should sleep while he had the chance.

Silivrenniel brought me a my flask of water from my pack while I brushed out her mane and checked her coat quality. I don’t know what Shadowfax and Silivrenniel put on their coats; they stayed so beautiful all the time. I accepted the water from her and drank slightly before tossing it back into my pack. Then I reached into my bag and brought out an apple, this time for me. I would have prefered a piece of bread or something but this was fine and would get me to Rivendell.

“Should I go girl?” I asked Silivrenniel who rested her head on my shoulder affectionately. She answered plainly and simply much to my irritation.

“If you must.”

“You’re really confusing Silivrenniel. A little more detail please.”

“If you’re not ready then don’t go. Tell your elf boyfriend that you can’t go anymore since you are clearly not ready.”

I grimaced and pulled my Evenstar out of my gear and lifted it up to the rising sun where it shone brightly against the light. The star itself seemed to radiate power and mystery as it entranced Silivrenniel’s attention and she stared at it a moment before turning her head away and snorting softly.

“You better put that away, who knows what that thing holds.” She snorted and I tucked the Evenstar away quickly before glancing back at Legolas. He was still asleep; good.

“What do you mean?”

“You know very well that Legolas’s father really doesn’t care much for anyone except a pureblood elf who is of high rank to be with his son. Everyone knows about Thranduil’s intentions. Who knows what he’ll think if he knows you have this much power?”

I tilted my head and thought about it a bit, “Well maybe he would allow me and Legolas to be together…” but she stomped her hoof and interrupted me.

“Don’t you see? He might see you as a war weapon, a perfect toy to lead out onto the battlefield, to show off to everyone. You wouldn’t be allowed to see Legolas, he would keep you locked away. Plus…now that I think about it you are around his age aren’t you?”

I blushed and looked away. “Seriously Silivrenniel that is the grossest thing you have ever thought about with me. Yeah so what I’m a little younger than him by like a thousand something years; means nothing. And just cause I’m older than Legolas doesn’t mean that we can’t be together either.”

Silivrenniel rolled her eyes once more before turning away, “I really advise you to go to Rivendell now, you need to sort everything out properly.”

Legolas’s POV

I woke just as I heard Saphira’s voice speaking in a hushed tone. I opened my eyes slowly and looked about for her, and I finally spotted her standing beside Silivrenniel talking to her in a hushed tone. But it was a good thing I was an elf, and I easily picked up what she was saying.

“You’re really confusing Silivrenniel. A little more detail please.”

There was a pause before she scrunched up her face and tucked something away. Then she started to turn to me, and I quickly pretended to be asleep again. She turned back to her horse and questioned her some more. I wished that I could hear what Silivrenniel was saying.