Anger Unleashed

Legolas stumbled back holding his left cheek in his hand shocked. I glared at him with tears finally falling, my emotions heating up my hands and my hair glowed as I lost control and returned to its former black and white color as I released all my emotions that I hid from everyone for so long. I clenched my teeth as I lit up all the torches in the city, even though it was still light out. The flames roared up to the sky and caused everyone to jump back and startled screams echoed from all around the city. Legolas’s eyes widened and he tried to take a step towards me but I ignited my entire arm and swung at him again.

            “You disgust me Mirkwoodian.” I spat out trying to keep my tone at a low level although my white wolf dominant voice was making it echo and broadcast eerily through the palace.

            “I loved you, I always did. You were the one I gave my heart too, and yet you destroyed it with a single touch. I saw you at your wedding, I was there watching. I was the one who spared your life when I lashed out yet now I regret having anything to do with you! I waited for you for many months before I finally gave up on you; you would never be mine. I wanted to live a life I would be proud of and I raised a family with the one person who would accept me for who I was and not turn away in embarrassment as having me at their side. You wouldn’t do the same, you never would!” I screamed out the last part and he watched wide-eyed as Faelwen let out a scream from the rooftops probably because she was urging me to show him up. I turned and stared at him with looks that could kill before yelling, “Raina is not my daughter! Her mother gave her too me!” and then I ran off, tears spilling from my eyes as I fled down to the stables.

Third Person’s POV

Saphira ran off in an anguished state and Legolas ran after her after a moment’s hesitation. The palace was still and silent as the servants milled around quietly, startled by their queen’s outburst. A few quenched the fires that broke out around where the torches were and the wind blew a few out and the curtains to the balcony were blown back, and behind them stood Eomer. He stared out towards the gates of Rohan thinking if he should close it or not.

“All this time I thought she was the one for me, but now I see that she will never truly be mine. One chance to let the right thing be done; leave the gates open.”

Saphira’s POV

I raced past startled stable hands and swung onto Wind Breaker before kicking him into a full gallop. I was done with all the drama, I was leaving for good. I wanted to go somewhere where I wouldn’t be compelled to hurt anyone; a place where I could vanquish my anger and rage in peace. I heard Legolas call out behind me to Arod, and it wasn’t long before I heard the hoof beats of him pursuing me. I pushed Wind Breaker harder and when we burst out of the gates I willed her to run as fast as she could, and then someone crashed into me and I went flying from her back and onto the ground.

Legolas’s POV
            I flipped while we were in the air so Saphira landed softly on top of me when we landed. I couldn’t let her get away; I admit that I screwed up! I shouldn’t have snapped at her, I was just hurt and blinded by my feelings to think about my words! Saphira struggled to get out of my grip but I pinned her down in the tall grass and tried to quiet her. I gripped her hands tightly in mine, trying to prevent her from lashing out or heating up, but I was failing at it since I could already feel the heat from her hands spreading throughout her body. I couldn’t pin her down for much longer, and as a last resort I did what I had wanted to do for so long to her. I crashed my lips to hers.

Saphira’s POV

Okay this was getting me really worked up and not in a good way. Legolas was basically on top of me trying to pin me down, but the time he’s spent in the palace of Mirkwood has diminished his strength somewhat and I managed to start pushing him off of me little by little. I glared up at his as I started to heat myself up, and right when I was ready to burn his hands he crashed his lips onto mine.