Decided

Saphira’s POV

            I made it back to Rohan in the form of Wind Breaker. Constant running from what I thought was the pounding feet of the Mirkwood soldiers kept me alive in sheer terror that I was to be found and caught. When I rode into Eodoras no one tried to stop me and I made it all the way to the stable before I collapsed in a pile of straw exhausted.

“Why me, why me?” I sobbed as I morphed back into my human form, my clothes muddied and worn, with scratches all over me. I couldn’t even bring myself to look in the mirror as I entered the palace, I just went straight to my quarters and packed everything up. I was leaving everyone now, I didn’t care about where I was going.

I left a note on the bed for Eomer, telling him that I would be back when I could control myself a little more, and then I headed out in the form of a giant eagle, carrying my pack in my talons.

Eomer’s POV

I was so worried about Saphira! The guards of Mirkwood had been putting out the mysterious fires all through the night and now they were interrogating everyone about the whereabouts of everyone they knew. Thranduil was constantly at the scene of things, looking for evidence or jewelry of some sort. He claimed he lost a ring, one that was always on his index finger. I watched him as he talked to his guard, and then I saw something. On his hand that he was supposedly missing a ring from, he wore a ring. The little bastard was lying, he framed Saphira!

Saphira’s POV

I went straight to the Misty Mountains where my kingdom dwelled. The queen welcomed me home with such kindness and warmth that it was hard to tell her that I was beginning to dominate fire and heat when I was angered. But to my surprise she just waved it off and sat down with me to explain.

“Back when the white wolves were a powerful race,” she began, “they were all gifted with something unique. The royal family of white wolves ruled with their powers greatest of all, fire. Even the wolves gifted with water could not overrule the great one’s fire spirit and dominace. But when Sauron came to power, one of his first motives was to harrness every single last drop of the white wolves’ power. He nearly succeded, but he was destroyed by man right before he could harm the royal family. We then retreated, leaving the world with stories and legends of our kin for many years to come. The royal blood was the only ones who were left with power, and over the years they gained a little of everything that was once taken from their people. Sauron’s hold on their powers were broken, and the strength of the people was inherited by each prince or princess in line for the throne. You have experienced your most powerful attribute which makes you well respected as a princess in any kingdom. You control fire, you are a princess of Eternal Flame, the everlasting hope for our race.”

Eomer’s POV

            When I finally arrived back at Rohan no one had seen Saphira for over a day. She was no where to be found, all I knew is that she left Wind Breaker at Mirkwood and I had to escort her mount home. I rushed from room to room, asking all the servants where she had gone, but I heard nothing of her, until I opened the door to her room. A letter and the crown I had given her were neatly spread on the sheets of the bed. I rushed over and nearly tore the paper getting it open to try and read it.

It read, “Eomer, don’t worry about me, I am fine. I must go sort a few things out and gain better control of my emotions. I will return to you when I have finished my trainning to become the princess my kingdom demands of me, never fear. Out of everything that has happened I can’t help but say we were meant to be one way or another, and I realize that I will never have Legolas. But, I have indeed fallen for someone else; that is you. My heart will never fully be complete once more, but I can make do with what I have till we are reunited. Look for my coming in a few weeks time; I will then take my place as the Queen of Rohan, and princess of the White Wolves. With all my blessings and well wishes, Saphira.”

Oh geese I love her.