The Horrible Unspoken Truth

Saphira’s POV

            Silivrenniel burst forth onto the treeless plains and I threw my hands up and yelled in happiness. All these months spent in the forest and this was the first time in months that I set foot outside of an actual forest. This was like tasting freedom again, and I leapt off of Silivrenneil and just stood looking out at the view of the Misty Mountains as they sparkled and glimmered as they towered up from behind the Fangorn Forest. Wait, Fangorn?

            I looked closer at the area around me, and I realized with a sinking feeling that I was indeed in front of the Fangorn forest, the one place I should have known my way around, and yet I was here celebrating getting out of it! What was wrong with me, normally my mind would alert me that I was going into places I knew since forever.

            You are losing your instinct young one. Your journeying is slowly coming to a close, you can finally settle down. You’ve traveled enough for a lifetime, the prophecy has been completed.

             Galadriel’s soothing voice eased my nerves and I felt a tingling sensation shoot through my veins as I felt her voice leave me and fill up the space around me. I watched as a gust of wind blew my clothes about and Silivrenniel’s hair looked like a rush of white grass swaying in the wind as she leapt and stretched out feeling the freedom as much as I was. I felt lighter, my journey had finally come to a close, and after all these years of moving around with Oakwood through the Fangorn and traveling with the fellowship I could finally be at peace.

            “Silivrenniel! Come on, I know where we are! We are on the plains of Rohan, maybe if we hurry we can get over to the kingdom of Gondor and visit Aragon and Arwen!”

            I started walking away towards the direction of Gondor since I knew Silivrenniel deserved a break from carrying me. I assumed correctly because Silivrenniel ran ahead of me, kicking up grass and dirt carelessly just basking in the freedom of being with no bounderies once more.

            The wind grew stronger but I pushed on towards Gondor, wishing that Faelwen had picked a better day to hunt for food. She had been living off of small creautres that would barely fill a quarter of her stomach and now she was all empty and off to hunt some real meat. So I was left on my own to walk most of the way to Gondor and watch Silivrenniel dance around about me.

            Night was almost at hand and I think we had only gone about five miles with so many more too go. I was tired, and I was guessing that Silivrenniel was starting to feel a bit homesick because she kept looking to the east where I knew her father’s lands were. Only Shadowfax’s people could find his lands, and only they could enter it. I started to feel bad for keeping her away from her father so long, and I offered her a chance to go to him.

            “You know Silivrenniel, you can go to your father if you want. I’ll be fine out here, stay as long as you want. You deserve it.” I stated, and Silivrenniel didn’t need to be told twice, as she reared up and nodded goodbye to me before taking off and finally disapearing in a flash of white light. That was exactly the same moment that I heard hoof beats thudding towards me.

            Eomer’s POV

            I saw a bright flash of light whilst I was on my patrol with my men and I knew something was up. Lights like that weren’t common here, they were exceptionally rare to see here on the plains of Rohan. My men followed me quickly as I made my way over to where the bright flash of light had been made, and I saw a figure fleeing towards the Fangorn forest all cloaked in traveler’s garments.