The White Rose Association

By BellaDemont

Alice Wythman might be a normal seventeen-year-old British teenager but she's not; part of a secret society t... More

Preface
Prologue: Unimaginable Situation
A Tiny Exception [I]
A Tiny Exception [II]
A Tiny Exception [III]
The Mission [I]
The Mission [II]
The Mission [III]
Little Flirt [I]
Little Flirt [II]
Little Flirt [III]
Doll [I]
Doll [II]
Doll [III]
A Kiss [I]
A Kiss [II]
A Kiss [III]
Vampire [I]
Vampire [II]
Vampire [III]
Complicated [I]
Complicated [II]
Complicated [III]
The Camp [I]
The Camp [II]
The Camp [III]
Soul Mate [I]
Soul Mate [II]
Soul Mate [III]
I Love You [I]
I Love You [II]
I Love You [III]
Betrayed [I]
Betrayed [III]
Family [I]
Family [II]
England [I]
England [II]
England [III]
Deeply Hate [I]
Deeply Hate [II]
Deeply Hate [III]
Falcon's Legacy [I]
Falcon's Legacy [II]
Falcon's Legacy [III]
Suspicious [I]
Suspicious [II]
Suspicious [III]
More Secrets [I]
More Secrets [II]
More Secrets [III]
Breakdown [I]
Breakdown [II]
Breakdown [III]
Nastasia [I]
Nastasia [II]
Nastasia [III]
War Has Exploded [I]
War Has Exploded [II]
War Has Exploded [III]
A New Leader [I]
A New Leader [II]
A New Leader [III]
Epilogue: A Broken Promise
Author's Acknowledgments

Betrayed [II]

2K 49 5
By BellaDemont

(Kaley on top)

Kaley stared at me before she started to laugh.

"Wow Ryder, I knew you were bad, the typical bad boy but I never thought you would be bad enough to betray the vampire world like this." Kaley said with a chuckle.

"What are you talking about?" I asked her confused.

"Let me see if I can put them in the terms so a little girl like you can understand, well let me see...oh I know it's like the same thing that you are doing, a vampire huntress that is dating a vampire some that is meant to be your enemy not your lover. Aren't you naughty dear? But I'm awful curious how did the Association react when you told them that the Vampire Prince had stolen your heart? I bet someone fainted or at least cried. They are so weak, such pathetic little humans trying to play hero even if they're not, aren't they?" Kaley said laughing mocking me.

I looked at her keeping a blank expression.

"I wouldn't know what to answer you since I haven't mentioned anything to them." I said honestly.

"Would you look at that? You are secret lovers, isn't that romantic Jayla?" Kaley asked her as she looked at her and then at us.

Jayla rolled her eyes.

"Romantic? Please it's not even cute, I find it nauseous. Why would you lower yourself to be with a human Ryder? You're a pure blood after all you shouldn't be wasting your time with this type of trash." Jayla said insulting me, who was she calling trash?

I launched towards Jayla but Ryder placed his arms around my waist stopping me.

"Well isn't this human girl brave?" Jayla said mocking me.

"You're wrong Jayla, there is vampire blood running through her veins, I can smell it. But isn't that ironic? She is a vampire who is a vampire huntress, too bad that she is a weak one." Kaley said as she looked at me.

I glared at her.

"I'm strong enough to kill you darling." I told her with a hiss.

Kaley laughed.

"Show me if you're that confident." She said challenging me.

"Kaley, will you stop!" Ryder told her in an exasperated tone.

"Come on Ryder, you know I'm just having fun with her." Kaley said as she laughed it off.

"Fun, is that is what you consider fun?" Ryder asked as he gestured Jayla.

"Okay, I may have thrown an insult or two but that's how I treat a person, that's how I talk." Kaley said shrugging.

"But you're not going to talk like that to my soul mate." Ryder said in a bold tone.

"Your soul mate, she is your-? Please Ryder, why would you be waiting your time with that? Just look at me, two years ago, I met my mate but he was distracting me so I got rid of him." Kaley said saying as if it was the most normal thing ever.

"Got rid of him?" I asked as I looked at Ryder confused.

"I killed him because he was a distraction and now look at me, I can be with any guy a want, do whatever I want and nothing can or will stop me." Kaley said with a small laugh.

"That is reckless." I murmured under my breath but I guess she heard me.

"No, it's stupid for Ryder to be with you instead of a pure blood." Kayla said insulting me.

I rolled my eyed and stepped out of Ryder's arms.

"I really don't have time for this, I'm going upstairs to change and after that I'm going out. Naomi, would you like to go to the mall with me?" I asked her with a smile, Naomi looked like she was about to kill Kaley.

Naomi gave a sight.

"As much as I hate to say this I think it will be better to go with you instead of staying here, I'll get you something to wear." Naomi said with a sight.

We were both heading to the stairs when Ryder spoke.

"You two are not going anywhere; the only two girls that are leaving are Jayla and my sister." Ryder said stopping us.

"And with what right are you kicking me out? Don't forget that this is my house too, so if you excuse me I'm going to my bedroom." Kaley said as she and Jayla went upstairs.

"I still want to go to the mall." I said after they left.

"I also want to go; I don't want to see their faces for some hours, so shall we?" Naomi said gesturing the door.

I nodded.

A few minutes later Naomi and I were in the mall of course Ryder and Mason had come with us but Naomi and I had gone to try some garments meanwhile the guys went to eat. I was looking at some shoes when I heard someone got near me.

"So, you're dating Ryder now, Alice?" A voice said behind me.

I turned around and saw that it was Antonio.

"And where did you hear that from?" I asked him pretending to be lost.

"I have my ways; I heard that from school you attend, they even said that you got closer to him and that now you even live with him." Antonio said nearly spitting the words out with disgust.

"And what if it's true?" I said in a challenging tone.

"You would get into serious trouble because we both know who Ryder is. I know he is a vampire, he's the Vampire Prince. But what did you have to do to find out who he was? You just had to pretend that you were his girlfriend, right? You didn't have sex with him, did you?" Antonio said questioning me.

I looked at him.

"I can't-." I started to say lost for words, why was he asking me this?

"You did! Why Alice? Why would you have sex with him, was it to see if he was the Vampire Prince or not?" Antonio said shocked.

"I didn't do it for that; I already knew he was a vampire." I said shaking my head, this was nonsense.

What was the point of lying if Antonio knew all the truth?

"Then why did you do it?" Antonio asked me as he met my gaze.

"Isn't it obvious? I did it because I'm in love, I love Ryder and I had never pretended something with him." I said honestly, why even try to deny it?

Antonio glared at me.

"Then basically you cheated on me?" Antonio said as he glared at me shaking his head in disbelief.

"No, this was after I broke up with you." I said as I frowned, really he was going to play the victim now?

"That doesn't change the fact that what you did was betrayal, you are a filthy traitor, you chose a vampire over the Association. I can't wait to tell them about this, they will want you dead." Antonio said threatening me.

I looked at him.

"Go ahead, tell them and kill me. I'm not afraid of you and I have nothing to lose against you." I told him showing that I was nowhere near of being afraid.

"Are you sure about that?" Antonio said as he grabbed my wrist tightly.

"I didn't find something I like, let's go." Naomi said as she came back from the dressing room and grabbed my hand pulling me out of the store leaving Antonio there.

"What the hell was that Alice?" Naomi asked me as she pulled me towards the small restaurant where Mason and Ryder were.

"Nothing, well actually its more problems Naomi, I hate to say it but it is. Antonio didn't buy the act about all of you being humans, he knows who Ryder really is, he knows that I'm with Ryder and he is going to accuse me against the Association." I said explaining her.

We got to where Ryder and Mason were and told them everything; we all left the mall and headed back home.

"We have to leave town before the hunters come for you." Ryder said as he drove back home.

"No, I don't want to leave Mount Vernon, I just can't let Antonio win this, he won't scare me off. Antonio knows that I will not go down without a fight." I said in a determinate voice.

"Neither will I, I won't let anyone hurt you or any of us." Ryder said as he promised to protect me.

Days passed by and it was soon winter break and even if Ryder insisted every day I really didn't want him to throw me a party, I just felt that somehow, I did not deserve the party never less that type of gesture. Not to mention that I had never really had a birthday party before, Eva who was a like a mother to me since she was the one who took care of me my whole life would always give me a present but other than that I wouldn't get anything except for Beck, Charles and Eleanor who would always give me a present, but right now I really didn't want anything.

"Are you sure Doll?" Ryder asked against my lips as he kissed me.

"I'm more than sure." I said as I broke the kiss.

Ryder pulled me on top of him and wrapped his arms around me.

"Not even a small party?" He asked me, he really just wouldn't give up.

I placed my arms on his chest using them as support for my head.

"I don't want a small party, or balloons, not even a small birthday cake." I told him as I wrinkled my nose.

"You don't like the idea of people celebrating that you got old, do you?" Ryder asked me slightly amused by the entire situation.

"I don't mind getting old, I think that people that are afraid of getting old are seriously stupid, aging is not something you can avoid, and at the end we are all going to get old." I said as I snorted.

"Not if you're a vampire." Ryder said to my surprise.

I looked at him.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked him, his answer had clearly taken me back.

"When you're a vampire you can chose when to stop aging, most vampires chose to stop aging after they have formed their family, most of the time it's around twenty-five or twenty-nine." Ryder said as he smiled at the thought.

Then I remembered what Naomi had told me about the problems I was going to have with the procreation issue. Ryder seemed excited when he talked about family; I could tell that one day he really wanted to be a father but what if I couldn't give him the family he wanted? Would he look for a full vampire that would be able to give him the family he wanted or would he sacrifice his own happiness to be with me even if it meant that he would never have a family of his own?

"What are you thinking about?" Ryder asked me grabbing my attention.

I gave a sight.

"I was just thinking about you." I admitted in an honest voice.

"About what exactly where you thinking, Doll?" He asked me with a smile.

"I just thought about your family, you never mention Kaley to me except once when you said that you had a sister that was in Europe but other than that you really never told me anything like that." I said, that was the best way I thought of evading his question.

Ryder gave a sight as he caressed my bare back.

"I just didn't think you really needed to know about my sister, I thought it wasn't important." Ryder said to his defense.

I looked at him.

"You're my boyfriend, not to mention my soul mate so how could not mention your sister was not important? Just look what happened yesterday." I said recalling all those stupid remarks she had.

"Do you want me to tell you about her?" Ryder asked me.

I nodded.

"My sister Kaley is two years and a half older than me, she used to be good, responsible but years after my dad was killed she slowly started to change and went to live to France when she turned thirteen and started to live there ever since. After my dad died Kaley started to take risks, do stupid things and act like she really doesn't care to hide the pain." Ryder said as he shook his head from the memories.

I looked at him right in the eyes.

"What was your father like?" I asked Ryder as I met his gaze.

"I don't know, I have the same concept about him like you have of your mother, besides the pictures I don't know how my father was except that I look like him a lot, but other than that he is a stranger to me but just like you I often wonder how my life would be is I had my parents with me but the I also realize that because of that we have each other." Ryder said with a smile.

I gave a low groan.

"What?" Ryder asked me confused by my reaction.

"You're going to make me cry." I said nearly whining.

"Why?" Ryder said with a smile.

"Because of what you are telling me, it's just so corny." I said as I buried my face in his chest.

Ryder laughed.

"But it's the truth." He said, his chest vibrating due to his rich laughter.

"I know." I said; my voice came out as a muffled sound.

"So, what do you want to do today?" Ryder asked me in a tentative tone.

I gave a sight in exasperation.

"I already told you that I'm not in the mood for celebrating." I told Ryder, not this again.

"How about we spend the whole day together?" Ryder suggested making me smile.

"Doing what?" I asked him as I pulled away so I could face him.

"We could go to the gym and work out for a while." Ryder said as he shrugged.

"We would go to the Boxing Corner?" I asked him, I would love to use some of the equipment they had there to blow off some steam.

"No Doll, it was already a bad idea to go there the last time and now looking like this it would be very stupid for me to let you go back there plus there's no way you can argue that since it's close today." Ryder said making me pout.

"So where would we go instead?" I asked Ryder as I got off him.

"I know a place." Ryder said as he sat up.

"Then I should get dressed now." I said as I got up from the bed and stretched.

Ryder gave a groan; I turned around and looked at him.

"What do I look that hideous?" I asked him, working on keeping my tone light.

Ryder had his hands balled up, his knuckles were starting to turn white despite his skin was a beautiful tan color.  I stared at my nude body in the full-length mirror that was across the room next to where Ryder's side of the bed was; as I looked at myself I saw that there was nothing odd.

"What's wrong Ryder?" I asked him keeping my tone soft, had I done something or was he in pain?

"Nothing, I was not prepared." He said in a strangled voice.

"For what you weren't prepare, me looking hideous, ridiculous and odd in the morning?" I asked him.

"Not at all, you look very good that I'm trying to find the strength to stay in bed and not to get up and drag you back in bed with me, even though we had all last night and the whole morning." Ryder said with a smirk.

I looked away feeling my cheeks get hotter he knew I couldn't handle those type of complements, then I saw that Ryder's shirt was by the nightstand, I grabbed it and placed it on, it covered my body since it reached all the way down to my mid-thigh.

"Better now?" I asked him as I looked at him with a smirk.

"Not really." Ryder said with a sight as he leaned against the headboard throwing his head back.

I rolled my eyes at him, sometimes he was really dramatic.

"I'm going to get dressed." I said before I headed to the bathroom.

After we both got dressed up Ryder went downstairs to get breakfast ready, he wanted to make me a birthday breakfast which consisted in a small muffin and a glass of milk considering he was not that much of a cook but Ryder was also going to speak with Mason before we could leave. As I walked through the hallway with a gym bag I bumped into Jayla, I don't know why but I hated her guts, I think it was probably because deep down I knew that she still wanted Ryder and I couldn't tolerate her bitchiness.

"You're up already? It's too early Alice; it's barely going to be noon." Jayla said with a fake shocked voice.

"What's your point?" I asked her showing no interest.

"Well, I just thought that you and Ryder slept in the same bed." Jayla said with a smirk.

"We do." I said as I looked at her confused, what was all this leading to?

"Well, you see when I used to sleep with Ryder I would always get up in the afternoon around 3:00 p.m. after the rouge nights we usually had and we would both oversleep most of the time." Jayla said smiling at my reaction.

I stared at her, I just had to get used to Americans talking about their sexual lives so openly or at least I had to get used to stop being a prude about it, I had always kept to myself.

"I bet you had a long night full of sleep." Jayla said hint a very blatant matter.

I laughed.

"Darling and who said I even got to sleep? Ryder and I were up all night and all the morning, I didn't even get to sleep half an hour. I guess that means that Ryder really loves me and wants me because he can't get enough of me. I wonder what made Ryder get bored of you so easily, because he forgot about you completely, didn't he?" I asked her with a wicked smile.

Jayla looked at me angry.

"You are a little bit-." Jayla started to say.

"I would stay and chat with you darling but now if you excuse me I have to go, Ryder planned a special afternoon for the both of us." I said as I walked away leaving her there boiling in anger.

As I walked towards the stairs I saw Naomi who looked at me with a smile.

"Okay I might hate you but I hate Jayla more, with that you might have just become less obnoxious to me." Naomi said with a smirk as she walked Jayla.

I smiled, at least we were finding things in common, even if that was bitches we hated.

"That's good to know but I even must admit it she earned that, she was looking for that. Did she think that she could say that and I wouldn't say anything about it?" I said before I headed downstairs.

After I had my special breakfast for my birthday I was in the living room waiting for Ryder when the doorbell rang.

"I'll go get it." I told Noelle who was washing the dishes; she looked at me and smiled in gratitude.

I walked to the door and open it. Antonio was there in the doorstep.

"What are you doing here?" We both asked at the same time.

"I live here now." I said waiting for his answer.

"This is Ryder's house?" Antonio asked as he looked inside.

"Yes, now tell me what are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I came here to pick up my date." Antonio said as he looked at me with a smirk.

ration[u

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.2K 457 58
Alice lived an abusive life. She'd tend to her cuts and bruises every night. She was fine with her life as long as she knew that he would come back f...
16.1K 611 35
[Book 1: Winston Academy] [Book 1 Of The Blood War Chronicles] [Description] The wind blow, snow fell heavily as the light of the moon showed the blo...
671 264 24
***Available on Amazon and Kindle*** Tsuldoolb: Life as a vampire in London is proving to be difficult for Emlyn Prichard. Her reluctant teacher in...
19.9K 1.2K 55
Highest rankings ♤ #1 in dark #1 in darkacademia #1 in macabre #2 in paranormal #2 in darkmagic #2 in academy #3 in magic #8 in intrigue #9 in occu...