Epilogue: A Broken Promise

I gave a sight as I looked down before I spoke.

"I know it is strange mum but I know it was her, I just felt it and I could tell that it was really her and not someone else. I just felt so peaceful and safe when I saw her, it was grandma but the last time I saw her it was in a dream but this time I was awake, I know I was hurt and that afterwards I fainted but I really saw Anna Falcon. Well, right now all I want is for things to get better, I just hope everything gets better now mum." I said in a soft voice as I placed the white roses on my mum's gravestone.

I gave a small sight as I looked around in the graveyard, as I looked at Eleanor's gravestone that was nearby I noticed that the rose that had a bit of my blood in one of its petals was no longer there, it was gone. Normally flowers would wit but they would change the flowers until the end of the month when they came to clean everything up but I still had a week for that to happen so who had taken the white rose?

"What's wrong?" A voice next to me asked.

I jumped startled before I gave a small smile.

"You scared me Ryder." I told him with a scoff.

"It's not my fault you're so jumpy lately." Ryder said as he walked towards me.

"I'm slightly nervous but I will be fine it's nothing to get worried about." I told Ryder as I got near him.

Ryder smiled and slightly took a step away from me keeping the distance between us clearly visible, I brushed that away and cleared my throat pretending as if that had never happened.

"So how did things end up after the meeting?" I asked Ryder in a soft voice.

After the attack, everything about Nastasia had been cleared up and now Dan, Jonathan, and some of the Spanish hunters had received a punishment meanwhile Antonio and Claire were under the custody of the guardians of the Association and now the three remaining members of the Association Cassandra, Mathew and Rachelle were discussing the new matters we all had to deal with now.

"Mathew has offered to let Selene and Eva become part of the members of the Association, both Cassandra and Rachelle have agreed to it and they want Eva to become the new Headmistress of this Academy, Eva has agreed to it but Mathew still wants you to become the new director of the Association." Ryder told me, but none of that shocked me.

I gave a small scoff.

"But I already told him that I don't want that, I'm not sure that I'm ready to run the Association. I still have a lot to prepare about myself, I know yesterday after the attack I acted like a very determinate leader but I still have lots to learn." I said as I ran my fingers through my hair.

"No matter what you or Eva say Mathew is sticking to that idea Doll, he really thinks you should be the one to call the shots from now on, he wants you to become the leader you claimed to be last night." Ryder said as he looked at me.

I gave a sight.

"And what do you think?" I asked him.

Ryder looked at me confused.

"What do I think about what?" He asked me.

"About all of this me becoming the director and all." I told him as I shrugged.

"Does my opinion matter now? I mean they had the meeting without you so why would my opinion matter now, Doll?" Ryder asked me as he met my gaze.

I gave a groan.

"It matters to me Ryder; they will listen to you and me, alright? Besides the only reason why they had the meeting without me was because I asked to be alone for a while, I wanted to be here and talk with my mum as corny as it sounds. But that is not the point; I want to hear your opinion Ryder because in a way the both of us are in this together." I said as I sat in a stone bench that was nearby.