Suspicious [II]

It was really her, it was really Selene.

"What are you doing here Selene?" I asked her confused.

"I came here for you." Selene said and I took in a sharp breath.

"What? You did what?" I said shocked.

"What my sister means is that she is here to help so don't worry about anything or get scared." Eva said as she got off the car and placed another suitcase on the ground.

"I think it's a bit too late for that." I murmured as I looked away.

"Selene, how many suitcases did you brought, it's as if you planned to stay here permanently, by the looks you brought all your clothes and weapons." Eva said as she looked at the suitcases disapprovingly.

"Not permanently but for a while, I know what's approaching Eva. Besides it has been a very long time since I was here in England and I last saw my husband." Selene said with a smile.

"Your husband, does that mean that I will finally get to meet him?" I asked her.

"Alice, you already know him." Selene said as she looked at me.

I looked at her confused.

"I do? Who is he?" I asked her.

"Selene, it's good to see you." My dad said behind me as he descended the stairs.

Selene looked up and smiled.

"Jacob, it's been so long." Selene said with a smile.

"Yes, it has, I heard that you were in Washington but I never had the chance to see you." My dad said.

"I know, the Association always kept me very busy and you know that I don't only work for them." Selene said with a smile.

"And now you're finally back after all these years." My dad said with a smile.

"Jake, you make me feel old by saying that. The last time the three of us were together was eighteen years ago, and I was barely 18 years old, meaning that I'm only 36 or only 25 years old if you don't count the non-human years." Selene said with a shrug.

"Non-human, what is that?" I asked to myself.

"Yes Alice, you heard right non-human. Vampires are immortal so when I married one I had to become one because sooner or later as a human I would've died letting my mate become weak and almost die." Selene said to my surprise.

I turned around and looked at my dad.

"If mum is dead how you are not weak?" I asked him.

My dad was about to answer when Antonio got out of the Academy interrupting us.

"Professor McCord, the hunters already arrived and the Headmistress is in the phone, she would like to have a word with you." Antonio said as he looked at her.

Eva nodded.

"Alright, I shouldn't keep her waiting." Eva said as she started to head to the front door.

"Eva, wait." I said as I took a step forward.

"Don't worry Alice, I will be fine. Why don't you help Selene place all of those suitcases out of the Academy's van and into my car?" Eva said before she went through the front door of the Academy.

"Why into the car, aren't you going to stay here in the Academy?" I asked Selene.

"Heavens no, if Nastasia and I were under the same roof one of us will end up dead. She strongly disapproves the choice I made eighteen years ago, when I decided to join the vampire world with my mate." Selene said as she shook her head.