Complicated [III]

"The soul mate of whom, what do you mean by that?" I said confused.

I looked at Ryder who looked as if he was about to rip Nick's head off.

"Ryder, what is he talking about?" I asked him as I met his gaze.

Ryder didn't answer me.

"What are you talking about Nick?" I asked Nick when Ryder didn't answer me.

"Should I tell her Ryder or will you do the honors?" Nick asked him.

"You should better keep your mouth shut Payne." Ryder said in a hard tone.

"I'm sorry Alice but he'll have to tell you." Nick said and left.

Once we were alone I looked at Ryder.

"What did he mean about the soul mate thing and how does he know that I'm a huntress?" I said pressing the matter.

"It's was nothing." He said brushing it off.

"It sure did look like something or else why would you react so defensive against him!" I said nearly yelling.

"It was nothing Doll, just forget about it." Ryder said and left.

I went back to the cafeteria and sat down to finish my now cold food.

"What happened?" Ric asked me.

"Apparently, nothing, nothing happened at all." I said in a frustrated tone.

We were in our after-lunch period class when a teacher entered the room.

"Hello, I'm Mrs. Bell. I'm sure many of you already know me but if you don't I am the head of Student Activities and as you know for years, we have the tradition to take senior students to a camp in an island for two weeks. So now it is your turn, I will pass out the permission slips your parents must sign. We will leave tomorrow Friday in the morning around ten. You will be expected to take clothes and essential things for your personal care and as for food and utilities we will take care of that." The teacher said as she handed over the slips to everyone.

After the class was over I grabbed my permission slip and started to go to the parking lot.

"Where you going Alice, we still have one class left." Toby said calling after me.

"I have to solve something before it's too late." I said and left.

I got to my car and drove to Ryder's place. I knocked and it was Mason who opened the door for me.

"Hi Alice, I wasn't expecting you until the afternoon." Mason said with a smile.

"Yes, I didn't come here to see you. Is Ryder here they told me he left school earlier?" I told him.

"Alice I don't think that it's a good idea-." Mason started to say.

"Is he?" I said interrupting him.

"He is in his bedroom." Mason said giving up.

"May I come in?" I asked Mason.

"Of course, Alice, this is your house." Mason said as he moved from the door.

I got in and Mason looked at me.

"Would you like something to drink?" He asked me.

"No, thank you I'm alright." I said as I kept my gaze on the stairs.

"Please Alice, let me bring you something." Mason insisted and he looked at me.

I gave a sight.