Deeply Hate [I]

I looked at Beck astonished, had I heard him correctly?

"Beck this has to be some sort of sick joke because I spoke to her around two or three days ago, and she was perfectly fine, there was nothing wrong with her so this has to be a joke because Eleanor can't be dead!" I said raising my voice, this had to be a lie.

Beck got near me and grabbed my face.

"Alice, I know this is hard for you as it is for me, I know that you love her as much as I do mate but we can't do anything about it anymore, Eleanor is dead." Beck said as he looked at me.

My legs gave away and I sat on top of my legs unable to get up, I hugged my stomach tightly and looked down as I started to cry.

"No." I said softly as I cried, she couldn't be dead, not her.

"Doll, don't-." Ryder said as he took a step towards me.

"Give her some space." My dad said as he stopped Ryder.

Beck kneeled next to me and hugged me.

"I know mate, it's hard to assimilate that." Beck said as he hugged me and I burst into tears.

"Why? Why her, Beck? She can't be dead, not Eleanor. Not her." I said as I sobbed against Beck's chest, Eleanor was the most kindest soul ever, so why would they kill her?

Eva got near us and cleared her throat.

"I want all of the hunters inside the Academy, please give us some privacy." Eva said dismissing them as I continued to cry not wanting to let go of Beck, he was just as brokenhearted as I was.

After they had left I got myself together because I just couldn't be weak right now, so I got up and helped Beck as well.

I noticed that Eva was very calm about all of this; it had not shocked her as it shocked me.

"Eva, did you know about this?" I asked her as I wiped away the tears from my face.

Eva gave a sight and that was enough answer for me.

"You did, didn't you? Why didn't you tell me?" I told her as I felt the tears threaten me again.

"Because of this same thing that is happening right now, I know you very well Alice and I know that you love Eleanor so much, you two were inseparable like sisters. Eleanor was a sister to you and I know that." Eva said as she met my gaze.

I closed my eyes and felt a tear roll down my face.

"Alice, I didn't tell you because darling I need you to be strong, Alice you have so many things to do because Eleanor's death wasn't an accident." Eva said making me open my eyes in shock.

That completely grabbed my attention.

"What do you mean with it wasn't an accident?" I asked Eva as I looked at her, who would be sick enough to do something like that?

We heard a small noise and looked at the window that was above the doors, he was quick but Eva and I were fast enough to see that it had been Antonio who had been standing there, overhearing us.

"Why don't we go to the graveyard of the Academy that way we won't be overheard." Eva said with a smile.

We all followed her silently but before I left I looked at the window again and met Antonio's gaze.

"Let me help you Beck." I said as I turned around and helped Beck descend the stairs.

We were heading to the graveyard when Naomi spoke.