Nastasia [III]

As Naomi and Eva left the room I told them that I had forgotten something, I stayed behind to grab the small pearl earrings that used to belong to my mother and as I placed them on I noticed that Ryder's suitcase was by the closet covered by some clothes but the thing was that it was still full of clothes, why haven't Ryder unpacked yet?

With a sight, I headed downstairs where everyone was waiting for me.

"Wow you look beautiful honey; you look just like your mom." My dad said as I descended the stairway.

I gave a small smile.

"Thank you, you all look lovely as well, so elegant." I said softly.

Kole rolled his eyes at my comment.

"Yeah sure we look so lovely in this monkey suit." Kole said with a hiss.

I gave a sight and closed my eyes slightly for a second before I got near them.

Mason looked at me worried.

"What's wrong sis?" Mason asked me as he got near me.

I smiled, it was the first time he had called me like that and I liked it but as I met his worried gaze I simply shook my head.

"I'm alright, I'm just nervous and worried for what could or couldn't happen tonight." I said in a soft voice.

"We're going to be alright Alice; we still have people within the Academy that are still on our side." Eva told me.

I nodded even if all I could think about was the whole army of vampire rebels that were currently under Nastasia's control.

"You're right, maybe I'm just overreacting. We should probably leave now." I said as I placed on my mask.

As I went through the door Ryder wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me towards him.

"You look so beautiful but so frighten at the same time." Ryder whispered against my ear.

I shook my head as I grabbed his hand, we intertwined our fingers and somehow, I felt better.

"It's nothing Ryder, it just some nerves. Whenever something big comes up I simply get nervous, but don't get alarmed about it." I told him with a smile.

"No matter what happens tonight Doll, just remember that I love you." Ryder told me.

I stopped walking by the front steps and looked at him. I saw how the moonlight touched his handsome face but all I could do was to stare at him in confusion.

"I love you as well Ryder and you know that but why did you say it like that?" I asked him.

"How; how am I saying it?" Ryder said confused, his brown eyes shinned in the moonlight.

"As if you were saying goodbye, as if you were saying goodbye forever." I said softly in a low voice but I knew he could hear me.

"Doll, I need-." Ryder started but he was cut off by my dad.

"Alice, Ryder, come on we have to leave." My dad told us grabbing our attention.

Ryder gave a sight that held so much sadness before he grabbed me and we started to walk towards the car.

I was too afraid to even ask why he was so sad.

When we got to the Academy I looked around shocked, the whole Academy was filled of hunters with masks, each one of them had masks and at this point I couldn't tell who was who, I couldn't recognize them.