A Tiny Exception [II]

(Alice on the top)

Robert took me to the Headmistress' office, when I got there the Headmistress was already waiting for me. Robert close the double doors leaving me alone with the Headmistress, as I walked I looked around, the wall was a dark blue color like any room in the Academy was, there was a picture of the Headmistress in the wall and next to it there was a painting of Anna Falcon who was the woman that founded the Academy, she was the first huntress ever; she was little, to be exact a classic petite, she had blonde hair and brown eyes, that appearance could fool anyone because she was really a threat for any vampire. As I got near to her desk I saw that there was a window that perfectly showed the battlefield where Eva was currently teaching, the Headmistress surely saw when I talked to her, the good thing was that she couldn't hear us since she was in the third story of the institute, or could she?

I got to the Headmistress' desk and took a seat in one of the chairs that were in front of her desk and immediately felt the gaze of the Headmistress on me.

"Why are you still here?" The Headmistress said, her tone told me that she wasn't talking about me being in this room, her office but me being in this Academy.

I didn't answer her, it was a question she had done to herself not to me, and I was in position to answer her.

"Ms. Wythman, after giving up in the middle of your evaluation the less you deserve is to be kicked out of this Academy. We want hunters not coward little girls that will give up right away." She said in a harsh tone which pretty much triggered my next answer.

"But I gave up in the level eight; nobody has ever got to such level. You have to understand that!" I blurted before I could even stop myself from doing something as stupid as this.

As soon as I said that I cursed myself, at this point I couldn't afford any stupid acts and I had messed up everything now with that answer.

The Headmistress glared at me, causing me to sink further into the seat.

"Are you complaining? Are you actually complaining and telling me what to do?" She said angered as she stood up and walked towards me.

I looked down ashamed and sink into my seat.

"No, Madam." I said in a soft voice as I tried to avoid her gaze.

"At this point a real huntress would keep quiet and let their authority speak. If you want to a huntress you should stop complaining and being weak!" She said in a harsh tone nearly making me jump from my seat.

I nodded quickly but stayed silent, it was better if I didn't speak for now.

"If you want to graduate which I doubt you will do, you cannot mess up your final evaluation or you won't get to be a huntress. And get this clear Alice, the only reason why I'm not kicking you out is not because I'm merciful but because you are a tiny exception for this Academy, you are one of the students with the best grades and I must consider that, but if you fail you're out." The Headmistress added as she glared at me.

I nodded again this time keeping my voice soft so it wouldn't shake.

"Yes Madam." I said as I hung my head low avoiding any direct eye contact.

"Now leave before I change my mind about letting you stay here." She snarled at me with hate as she headed back to her seat.

I stood up immediately leaving her office and went to my bedroom, the practice was already over and it soon would be my turn to bathe tonight before the other students finished their dinner and headed to take their bath as well; I got my pajamas and went to take a shower. As soon as I was done I stared at myself in the mirror, thing I did after each time I showered. My light brown almost blonde hair was below my shoulder and it was curly from the tips to my ears because it was wet, my face as well as the rest of my body was pale and my eyes were a strong stormy gray that in occasions they looked blue, my eyes were big as well as my lashes it was something that would always draw attention to my face. I gave a sight as I saw my reflection in the mirror, I had seen before pictures of my mother when she was my age and I looked just like her, I was her living image except that she had brown eyes instead of gray and our hair was the same, maybe I gotten the color of my eyes from my father, whoever he was. After changing I got out of the bathroom and headed to my bedroom, we had to share bathrooms according to our gender but we had our own bedrooms, the girls had the bedrooms in the West wing meanwhile the boys had the East, in your first year you would get two roommates but in your last year since there were lest students you would get your own room which was huge, except for me I had lived most of my life in the Academy since I had no family and I always stayed in my mother's old bedroom, in the same bedroom she had gave birth to me or in other cases when neither Eva or I where in the Academy we stayed in a cottage Eva owned.