Vampire [III]

I looked at him and gave a small laugh.

"You're joking, right? You are not serious Ryder?" I said and then I saw that Ryder had a dead serious look in his face.

"But Ryder there is no way I'm a vampire or else I wouldn't be a huntress." I said when it wasn't a joke; it just didn't make any sense.

"Doll..." Ryder started to say in a clam tone.

"There is no way I'm a vampire, I'm a human!" I said nearly yelling.

"Okay Doll but just to make it clear for me answer some of my questions." Ryder said trying to calm me down.

"What questions?" I asked him.

"Tell me when you were training did you ever notice that you were stronger that others, even guys?" Ryder said watching how I looked at him shocked for a second.

I gave a scoff.

"That doesn't prove anything, I always trained hard my strength was a consequence of all those hours of training." I said brushing it off.

"Okay, then tell me did you ever get any scars that never healed up or bad bruises?" Ryder asked me pressing the matter.

"Ryder-." I started to say but my voice quivered unsure.

"Have you ever touch or drink vervain?" He asked me cutting me off.

"No." I said in a soft voice.

"And why not Doll? As a huntress, a vampire huntress shouldn't you gave your body especially your bloodstream full of the only think vampires are weak to or am I wrong?" He said with a smirk.

"No, you're right." I said with a sight, he had a very good point there.

"Then, why haven't you?" He asked me as his deep brown eyes tried to read my expression.

"They told me that I shouldn't touch it much less drink it since it could cause me an allergic reaction to it." I said shrugging.

"The same allergic reaction vampires have to it? Did you honestly never question that?" Ryder said as he rolled his eyes.

"Ryder, I truly don't think that I'm a vampire it just doesn't make sense, my mother was human." I said in a soft voice, maybe I had been naïve for a second.

"What about your father?" He asked me.

"What about him?" I asked him confused.

"What if he was a vampire?" Ryder said; this was insane not less.

"Ryder-." I started to say before he cut me off once again.

"Just think about it Doll, you never knew who he was. Do you think that the Headmistress that oversaw you would tell the Association that a future huntress was a daughter of a vampire?" He said explaining.

I looked at him, it did made sense in a way but I was still not convinced.

"And then your blood." Ryder said and paused.

"What about it?" I asked him, now that had caught my attention.

"It doesn't taste normal, what I mean is that it doesn't taste like human blood." Ryder said as he looked away.

I didn't say anything for a minute, I just stared at him.

"Who are you?" A voice said startling us.

We both looked at the door where Mike was.

"Who is he?" Ryder asked me.

"He is Mike, my brother." I said with a smile.