Finding My Love

By Stef1981

Stef Foster along with her son Jude are starting their life over again when they meet Lena Adams, a woman in... More

My Love, My love
Because Of Jude
The Walls
The Blonde Cop
The Savior
The Secret
Saturday
The Dinner Part I
The Dinner Part II
Reality
Damages Part I
Damages Part II
Truth
Friends
Anger
Off The Deep End
Mean
Challenges
Worried
Poor Choices
Looking
Poor Choice II
Is She Ok?
Family
Hurt And Guilt
Changes
Feelings
Fear
Our Family
One More
What In The World?
Around The Table
Together
Old Habits
Love
Deja Vu
Changes
Sibling Talk
What's Best
When Things Change
Last Night
This Change Hurts
Missing
A Bad Idea
Why
What Some Actions May Cause
Aftermath
Tears
Our Moms
It's Where You Belong
I Know Who
I Accept You
Back To Work
The Truth Is Not Easy
He Said it Before
Maybe It Wasn't Me She Needed
My Baby Boy
Moving

When Heartache Hits

992 37 3
By Stef1981

LENA POV

"There are so many shelters." I said as Jude, Callie and I had driving around for the last twenty minutes with no real plan but to try every shelter in the vicinity to see if anyone had seen Mariana.. I admit it was nerve-wracking for I knew both Mariana and Stef was out there alone and it had been an hour since I heard from Stef despite me calling her numerous times.

"Maybe if we call asking who they have checked in mama?" Callie suggested

"Yes honey.

"But what if she goes back home?" Jude said as I heard my phone go off as I was hoping to god it was Stef saying she had found Mariana and they were both safe.

"Stef!" I yelled into the speaker.

"Is this Lena Adams?"

"Yes this is. Who is speaking?"

"This is San Diego Memorial Hospital." Stopping the car I picked the phone up taking it off speaker and holding it to my ear.

"Yes. Can I help you?"

"We have your partner here. Stefanie Foster. I'm afraid she's, she's been shot Mrs. Adams."

With this I wasn't sure If I had heard right. If my mind was playing tricks on me for right at this moment my heart was no longer beating. It had completely stopped as my mouth went silent and my body felt numb.

"What? Is she...is she..."I manged to get out.

"She's very critical." Closing my eyes I swallowed hard as I could feel both Callie and Jude's eyes on me and I just couldn't bear to look at either of them.

"I will be right there." I said my voice cracking as I hung up the phone.

"Whats wrong mama? What is it?" I heard them both say as I wiped the tears from my eyes. "Who called from the hospital?" Callie asked nervously.

"Um guys listen, Stef um..

"Stef what?"

"What's wrong with my mom?" Jude said now crying and I looked to him and Callie.

"Guys she was hurt."

"Hurt how? Hurt how?" Jude asked again.

"She was shot."

Right at this moment the silence in the car was beyond anything.

"But she's ok right? Mom is ok right?" Callie asked with tears in her eyes as she held Jude's hand tight and I held both of their hands even tighter as I tried harder then ever to compose myself. But it was difficult. Very.

"She will be. She is critical but she will be ok. She's very strong guys. We know this. Right?"

Callie nodded her head as she looked to Jude and he broke down in tears as my daughter hugged him tight. Leaning in I hugged the both of them not only worried about my partner but where in the hell was Mariana when we heard Callie's phone go off. Pulling apart she looked to it as tears filled her eyes.

"Mariana! Where are you!" she screamed as I grabbed the phone from her.

---------------------------------------------------
"Where is she I'm Lena Adams my domestic partner is here Stefanie Foster." I said rushing to the doctor as the three of use walked into the ER and I saw Stef's Captain welcome me with a worried look.

"Yes ma'am..she's.."

"Can I see her?" I interrupted.

"Not until she is stable. I'm sorry."

"She's not stable?"

"No. Her lung collapsed. She's very critical." I could only let out a sigh as our three kids stood behind me and I could hear sniffling.

"Listen, as soon as she is stable you can see her. We have a team working on her right now. I promise you." Trying to compose myself once again the heavy weight I was feeling was beyond anything.

"Lena is there anyone else you would like us to call. Stef's parents?" I heard Captain Roberts say as she gently placed her hand on my arm.

"Um she's not close to her father. Her mother maybe."

"My grandmother lives in Florida. Sharon Cooper. I can call her." Jude chimed in.

"We will do it honey. We will get on that. And she will be ok. She's tough." she reassured me as I turned around to face the kids but unable to look at Mariana.

"Ok guys lets um let's sit and wait a bit ok?"

Nodding their heads we took a seat together all feeling like the world had just died. Like the world had just ended.

"Do you guys want something to eat? The cafeteria is probably open."

"No." they all responded in unison as I looked to Jude who sat close to me and his hand remained in mine.

"Honey she will be ok. You know your mom is, she's tough. She's one the strongest people I've ever met in my life."

As he failed to respond I pulled him in for a hug. Up until this point Stef had been the rock of our family she really had been and I don't think I even fully realized it myself. But right now I had to be. I had to be strong for each and everyone one of these kids. Every single one as I felt Callie rest her had on my other shoulder and I could not help but hear Mariana talk to her.

"This is my fault Cal."

"No it's not. Don't think that way. Mom loves you and she would do anything for any of us. It's not your fault it's the fault of the person that shot her."

Lifting my head up and looking over I could see Callie holding Mariana. As angry as I was at her I was furious I leaned over extending my hand into hers.

"Mariana it is not your fault. Callie is right. Ok honey?"

"I'm sorry mama. What if she dies because of me? Because I wanted to help a person that has never been there for me? And mama has been there for me since the day I met her. What if..?"

"No no, Come here baby. Come here." As she now got up she stood in front of me her face covered in so much guilt. In so many tears as she held both of my hands.

"No. This is not your fault. It's not and no one blames you. It's ok that you wanted to help someone even if you didn't do it in the best way. It is. I am not happy with what you did. I'm not. But we can't go around casting blame. What matters right now is that we support each other and that we are there for mom. Ok?" Gently I stroked her face as yes I was so angry with her and I was finding it so hard to forgive this girl but she was so hurt, she was so broken and she was filled with more guilt then any of us put together that how could I not comfort her. Soon enough she leaned in and hugged me hard. Harder then ever as I hugged her back.

"I love you mama. I love you so much." Hugging her tight I soon felt her pull away and look at Jude who had not said a word.

"Jude I'm sorry." Glancing over all he could do was nod his head.

"Lena?" Looking up I saw the doctor come in walking to me as all of us now stood up.

"Your partner is stable. You may see her but she's not out the woods. She's still very critical."

Nodding my head I looked back to the kids.

"Um yeah guys stay here ok?"

Agreeing they held each other hands as I followed the doctor not sure what I was going to see as I walked through the doors. Swallowing hard I now saw Stef and my heart almost stopped once again. There was blood everywhere as she was placed on a stretcher, and oxygen was being pumped into her lungs, her body stiff as she still wore the bloody clothes she was shot in. Rushing beside her I held her hand the hardest I could as I felt her grab it back weakly. I tired so hard not to cry as just a few hours ago she had walked into the door kissing me and cracking jokes.

"Hey, I'm here honey. I'm here baby." I could see her look right at me and she was scared. I knew she was terrified as was I but I couldn't let her know.

"The kids are ok. Mariana is her she's safe. They are ok. And you will be ok. We are all here for you baby." I said continuing to hold her hand tight.

"I love you. I love you so much." I could see she tried so hard to knod her head. "I'm not going anywhere baby. I'm staying with you every moment. Ok?" Gently I rubbed the side of her face as she moved her arm to hold my hand closer to her face. I would never ever let go. Not for anything in this world for this woman was my life, my heart, my world and my soul.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 91 6
Being Callie Jacobs older sister and Jude Jacobs mom is always a rough ride, especially being in the fostering system. This is Katrina Gomez story.
19.3K 663 30
Stef Foster and her 15 year old daughter, Callie, live on the Wood River Ridge Ranch which Stef inherited after her father's death. Lena Adams, a cit...
76.4K 3.3K 78
The final book in the Affair Series, where we follow Stef Foster on a path of self discovery and healing from her past wounds. Will she finally be a...
53.1K 2.4K 61
The third installment in the Hard Time series. We jump almost five years ahead after Stef and Lena Adams Foster were released from jail. With Callie...