Falling In Love With You | cth

By lovelukehemmo96

Cassidy Winters is bullied by Calum Hood, the popular guy in high school. Everyone loves and admires him expe... More

Falling In Love With You
i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiii
xxiv
xxv
xxvi
xxvii
xxviii
xxix
xxx
xxxi
xxxii
xxxiii
xxxiv
xxxv
xxxvi
xxxviii
xxxix
xl
xli
Epilogue
Author's Note
Falling For You Again

xxxvii

990 22 5
By lovelukehemmo96

xxxvii | disrespectful 

After ranting out to my parents in front of everyone in the restaurant, I ran out of there, running quickly away from Wesley on the crowded sidewalk, running somewhere in San Diego. I have no clue where I'm going, but I continued to run. Why am I running away? I run away from my problems. It's pathetic I know, but I just need to get away from them for now. 

After running for who knows how long, I ended nearby a beach, perfect, no one can find me here. I hate the sand and the water, the way it feels against my skin which is why I preferred swimming pools, but I loved the view and the sound of the waves, it soothes me, but it would perfect if my phone stopped ringing. While I spent my time running and viewing the beach, my phone constantly runged. Groaning in anger and frustration, I searched my phone in my purse. I unlock my phone and turned it on airplane mode before I roughly put it back into my purse and continued to walk.

Once I had gotten closer to the entrance of the pool, I took off my heels and step into the warm and cold sand. I walked on the sand down by the water. There were a few people here, children running back and forth to their parents and then to the water or building sandcastles, mothers calling the children to come back, fathers drinking, girls trying to avoid the water or sand as they stay on their towels, and boys teasing other girls or whistles at me as I pass by them. I rolled my eyes in annoyance and continued to walk.

I don't want to be apart of my family's business. My parents have always decided everything for me ever since I was in middle school. I had to deal with their bullshit and on top of that, Calum's bullshit as well. I thought this one time, the one time that they would understand me, but I was wrong.

All the running and now the walking, I was finally tired of moving, my feet had finally given up. I sat down on the sand, staring at the horizon, the sun has finally come down. The moon slowly started to shine its light on every inch of the beach and San Diego. Little by little, people started to gather things before they set off to go back home. Home... Taking out my phone and unlocking it, I turn off the airplane mode, instantly, I received the messages and calls I've missed for the past couple of hours.

54 miss calls.

67 messages.

21 voicemail.

I instantly looked at Angelina's messages. 

From: Angelina <3

I suggested you get off of Twitter and Instagram for a while.
Sent 7:26

I'm trying to save you from being sad ok?
Sent 7:32

YOu knOw that I love you right? okay. I'm going to tell you but don't get mad or sad. um, there's a rumor going on that Calum is going out with some girl and she sort of looks like you.
Also, Calum made a response to that article about him. 
Sent 7:36

Hey, are you okay?
Sent 8:08

ur not answering, okay I'll leave you. bye I love you
Sent 8:11

Wesley just told me what happened. Cassidy where the hell are you? please answer
Sent 9:45

Cassidy, I'm driving to San Diego right now. you better message me.
Sent 9:57

What the hell? 

I quickly message Angelina where I was and I get off of the conversation between us. I go on Safari and searched Calum Hood. Soon it searched and I press on 'News'. I press on the first article.

"Is Calum Hood from 5 Seconds Of Summer dating a fan? Why does this girl look like the boys' old friend back at home?"

Yep, that's right you heard that right. Calum Hood from 5 Seconds Of Summer is touring with bandmates and are opening acts for One Direction. Today, they are in Birmingham, England at The O2 Arena. This girl has been seen many times with the boys but never alone with one of them.

Today she was seen with Calum, walking around yesterday night. Many fans have said she looks like an old friend of the boys back home, Cassidy Winters. And don't they look like sisters? Twins?"

At the bottom, there was a picture. Calum was holding hands with the girl. She had my brown hair with blond highlights mainly covering her entire face, but our body figure was similar. 

Clicking out of that article, I clicked on the article, "The Truth of Calum Hood?"

"Just early today, an article posted on a school's newspaper reported about Calum Hood and his years of bullying a student. However, the name was not included and reveals that the victim is a female, but the writer had spoken out about Calum's life before fame:

'A boy who did not know how to respect others unless they had something to return. A boy who could do whatever he wanted by harassing or abusing others. How could someone bully anyone just because they felt like it? Now with him gone, this girl is given a second chance to show who she is other than the Reject Girl. Enough is enough, he does not deserve the fame he has gotten, not until he apologizes to her.'

The writer goes on their biased opinions against Calum Hood, the bassist of new rising punk group 5 Second Of Summer, and the actions he's made growing up. Just now, hours before the concert at the O2 Arena in Birmingham, England, Hood posts tweets on Twitter.

'@Calum5SOS it's came to my attention to an article written about my horrible acts from back home. I regret the immoral decisions I've made growing up, I've hated the way I acted those years. But I did apologize and I will apologize again. 
|
I am sorry for all those years of hurting and humiliating you. I was messed up and I should've stopped, I have no excuses and you know that. I know I apologized so many times and I do not deserve the forgiveness you gave in return, but I understand if you still hate me after what I did before I left.
|
I apologize to my bandmates for having to be involved in this when they aren't supposed to be. I apologize for our team management. I apologize to the fans for not being honest and are betrayed after learning my past. I apologize to my family who is disappointed.
\
But most of all, I will always apologize to you, you did not deserve it and I am so sorry.'

My phone buzzes, discontinuing me from reading the article as a message pops on my screen, Angelina is here. I get up and exit the beach, soon I see Angelina's car. Approaching her car, I slowly get in the passenger seat, ignoring Angelina's concern glances, and we drove back home in silence.

-

Angelina drops me off home. I looked at my house in nervousness, I have to deal with my parents nearby midnight. I walk up the stairs and opened the door. The lights were still on.

"Cassidy?" My mom coming out of the kitchen, she looks scared and tired, she runs to me and hugs me," H-Honey, go upstairs, Sherry is in there, hurry!" She whispers as she grabs me and tries to push me to the staircase.

"Why? What's going on-"

The sound of glass shattering on the tiled floor stops us. I looked down at my mom, she's shaking way worse than she did in the afternoon. Heavy footsteps coming from the kitchen were slowly coming to the doorway. I pushed my mom behind on the staircase waiting for the heavy footsteps. Soon it revealed to reveal my dad, he stumbles, leaning on the doorway frame for support, his eyes focused on me and only me. His eyes looked too sunken, it was hard to describe what his eyes looked like. He laughs, he begins to talk in a slur, "Where the hell... have you been?"

"Out," I answered back, holding onto my mom's hand tightly.

"Don't... you dare give me attitude," He tells me, struggling to stand straight and keep balance, "I've always hated that about you. You're just like your mother."

He groans, leaning on the wall as he comes closer to us, his eyes never left on me. He finally reached where he wanted to be, stopped as he stood across from me. His head was lowered, his hair was no longer neat but greasy and messed up, sweat formed from his head to his neck, the tie around his neck was loose, and his clothes were no longer neat, they were wrinkled.

"J-Jude," My mom calls out to him, trying to calm him down, "I think Cassidy understands what she should not have done in front of the Walters-"

"What she should've not done was to not disrespecting us!" yelled my dad, cutting off my mom, she flinches, holding onto me. 

"It's what I should've done for the longest!" I yelled back, removing my mom's arms from me as I walked closer to him, "I am done following your orders! You never cared about me or mom. All you cared about was money!-"

I stumbled to my right, holding onto the left side of my cheek. I looked up to see my dad, those dark eyes are back. He breathed through his nostrils heavily, his chest went up and down, and he stared at me as if I was an enemy. My dad rambles off underneath his breath and starts to walk up to me. My mom runs from her place to stand right between my father and me, trying her best to calm him down, but he roughly grabs her but the shoulders and pushed her to his side, her small body hits against our brown painted wall. She groans in pain, falling in the floor, wrapping her arms around her stomach, "Mom!"

My dad grabs my shoulder with one of his hands and with his other hand he slapped me on the other side of my cheek. I pushed him away, he stumbles backward, hitting against a piece of furniture. He leans on it for support before throwing himself up, charging at me as if he was stumbling. I run away, but a thud followed after me, then I fall to the ground, a grip held onto my ankle, pulling me in, turning around to see he had fallen on the floor as well. 

He hovers over me, wrapping his hands around my neck.  He mutters his breath, it was hard to understand what was saying and that I was too focused on trying to breathe. I try to hit him but my hits were too weak. I try to kick but he put his legs on top of mine, preventing me from kicking. Tears formed in my eyes, I tried to look at my father with pleading eyes, but I was scared. Just when I felt it was the end for me, he lets go, releasing me and I hit my head hard. 

Coughing, he gets up while my mom slowly crawls to me. He stumbles kicks my legs, I whimpered and crawled faster to my mom. 

"I will not have a disrespectful daughter in this house. Take your mutt, your things, and leave my house." my dad tells me.

What?

"Jude, please don't do this to her," begged my mom to my dad, struggling to get up from the floor but wince in pain. She falls back down, I grab onto her before she'll hurt herself.

"No, you listen to me, she will not stay in this house," my dad tells my mom, he turns to me, "Get out."

Just like what happened earlier afternoon, we waited for him to slap the door to their bedroom and my mom cries, throwing herself at me. Muttering I'm sorry.

"Mom, h-how long?"

"It's okay, just go."

"No, I'm not leaving you."

"Cassidy," My mom pleads, caressing my hair, "I do not want you to get hurt. I will deal with him, but you have to leave before he does way more than what he did just now. Okay? I know you'll be able to take care of yourself and Sherry, now go."

Nodding, I help her get up before we slowly make our way to the staircase. We walk into my room and cried. I go inside my closet, packing practically everything. I ended up with one luggage and two bags. I hug my mom one last time before I grab Sherry's leash, wrapping it around her small baby body, and leaving the house. I take out my phone and I call Wesley.

"Hello?"

"Wesley, please can you come and pick me up?" I asked, sniffling into the phone.

"I think you have the wrong number Cassidy."

This voice. Shit, this is Calum!

"Fuck."

I hang up the call. Shit, why do I still have his number? I pick the correct contact with Wesley's number.

"Cassidy, where are you?"

"Wesley, my dad kicked me out,"

"What-? Where are you?"

"I'm in front of my house, I'm about to walk to our school,"

"I'll pick you up there, okay? I'll see you soon."

-

"Ashton, I gotta go,"

"What's wrong?"

"Wesley just messaged me, Cassidy was just kicked out of the house," I tell him, getting up from the computer before I run to my closet, searching for a sweater.

"Did you just saw her?" Ashton asks.

"Yeah," I replied, "Hang up for me, will you?"

I run out of my bedroom, running down the stairs, ignoring my parent's calls, and headed towards Wesley's car. Wesley shifts the stick on drive and automatically drives quickly as he can to the school.

"Do you know what happened?" I asked him.

"I don't know," He replies, keeping his eyes on road, "When she called me, it sounded like she was crying and that her dad kicked her out."

"My uncle?"

He hums. Sulking into my seat, I stared out to the window. Why would he kick her out?

We pulled up at a red light, Wesley tapping his fingers on the stirring wheel, he's been anxious. My phone rings, Ashtons ID pops up, "Hello?"

Finally, we made it to the school. Wesley parks the car in the parking lot before he jumps out of the car, running to find Cassidy.

"Is she okay?"

"It's none of your business."

"Angelina-"

"Calum, don't even try to tell me to do favors for you."

He sighs, "Angelina, please. She's been ignoring my calls and my messages. Please, just this once. Tell her to call or message me-"

"Calum, listen to me very carefully. I'm going to tell you this only once. I don't care what you want me to do because I'm not going to do it, either you do it yourself or not. You're wasting my time, jackass. Bye."

-
a/n I graduated virtually today :) not the graduation I anticipated, but its whatever at this point. College here I come!
05.29.20

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 3.6K 39
Dani has been through a lot her whole life. Being bullied for almost 8 years, divorce, and shielding herself away from the world. She only has one fr...
101K 2.9K 33
(Y/N) (L/N) a new student. She got bullied at her last school, because of her voice. Because of the bullying she diceded to stop talking, even if she...
64.8K 2.5K 41
It's their freshman year in high school. Tay, Piper, and Cassie are getting bullied by Calum, Ashton, and Luke. But what happens when the girls find...
4.4K 166 44
"Well stop caring! Nobody else does." "Someone has to." Bailey Winters hates everyone, and wants nothing to do with anyone, until Calum Hood comes al...