Trouble

By Valerie3xx

I tried to run, but trouble awaited me on every corner. © 2013 by Valerie3xx. All Rights Reserved. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
I'm sorry.
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
Author's Note
An unexpected hello.

Chapter 27

1.4K 40 16
By Valerie3xx

Hiiiiiiii, new chapter here!

I decided to update today since I'll be quite busy tomorrow. I hope you like it. xx

“Damn.”

I continued rummaging through my locker, trying to ignore the two girls gossiping a few lockers away. It was getting more difficult though, since their voice kept getting louder and louder.

“What?” The one with short brown hair asked.

She seemed to be more ‘normal’ than the other one.  The second girl had pitch black hair that reached the middle of her back and was really short.

“The Styles kid, he’s hot.” She gushed not even trying to restrain herself.

The books in front of me were forgotten as I listened carefully to their conversation.

“Yeah, he’s alright.”

“Alright? Have you seen that ass? I’d totally screw him.” The short one exclaimed shamelessly.

My eyes slightly widened and I realized that the pain in my hand was from clutching the locker door so tightly.

“He has a girlfriend you know. The new girl.” The brown haired girl exclaimed.

“So?”

I almost scoffed at this. She was so desperate it made me want to throw up.

“It means that he’s taken Abigail.” The other girl said almost irritatedly. Well I liked this girl better already.

“Please, by the time I’m done with him, he won’t even remember that slut.”

I could’ve sworn I heard my tooth crack from how tightly I was clenching my jaw. She had the nerve to call me slut when she just admitted that she wanted to screw my boyfriend.

“You’re a bitch you know that, right?” Yep, I definitely liked the second girl.

Abigail, however didn’t seem to be fazed by the insult.

“I know.” She said almost proudly before walking away.

Taking a glance at the other girl I saw her roll her eyes before walking in the other direction.

Slamming my locker shut I tried to take deep breaths to prevent myself from punching something.  My irritation grew as I turned to the hallway that led to the cafeteria, just in time to see that Abigail girl approach Harry.

Her perfectly manicured, filthy hand reached out to tap his shoulder, causing him to turn around with a confused expression.´

I couldn’t make what they were saying but by the way Harry’s eyes widened I could tell she was being as blunt as she was while talking to the other girl.

They stood silent for a few moments. Harry staring at her in disbelief, while I was digging my nails into my palm in anger and anxiety.

My lips parted in surprise as I watched Harry smirk before he leaned in to whisper something in her ear.

Before my mind had time to process what was happening a scowl formed itself on Abigail’s face and she stormed away angrily while Harry laughed at her.

A sigh of relief escaped my lips and I felt guilty for even doubting Harry. He was still laughing as I approached him.

“Hi sunshine.” He greeted me with a peck on the lips.

“Hey.” I smiled.

“How was maths today?” He asked as we slowly made our way to the cafeteria.

“What did you tell her?” I blurted out.

He turned to me with an amused expression and I rolled my lips into my mouth as if it would take my words back.

“You saw that?” He asked, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

“Um…yea.”

He chuckled before leaning closer so his lips were brushing my ear.

“Putting it in a nice way I told her I wasn’t interested in a skank like her.”

I laughed at his attempt to put it in a nice way. She must’ve felt so humiliated; not that she didn’t deserve it.

“Good.” I said between laughs, receiving a chuckle from him and a kiss on my forehead.

“Can you believe that? Two assignments in a row, I swear that man wants us dead.” Eleanor sighed in frustration as we neared my house.

“Isn’t he just lovely?” I joked.

“Ugh, I hate him.” I kept whining.

“I have an assignment to hand too but I’m almost finished with it anyway.”

“Lucky you.” She said, parking the car in front of my house.

“I would ask if you want to hang out but those two assignments answer for themselves. “ I chuckled getting out.

“Unfortunately” she sighed, “we’ll go out shopping or something soon.” She winked before giving me a small wave and driving away.

“I’m home.” I said loudly.

Making my way to the living room, I sighed in relief once my back connected the soft couch.

“Hi, sweetheart.” My mom smiled, hovering over the couch I was laying on.

Suddenly, something heavy landed on my stomach making me cry out in pain.

“Alex, don’t jump on your sister like that!” My mom scolded while my brother just laughed.

“Sorry, Mel.” He jumped from me giving me a kiss on the cheek and turning his attention to the TV.

“It’s o-okay.” I choked out, clutching my stomach.

Grabbing my bag I decided that it was safer in the comfort of my room.

Just as I finished the last sentence of my assignment there was a knock on my door.

“Come in.” I called, shutting my laptop, “Oh, hi dad.” I said as walked into the door.

“Hi Melissa.” He kissed my forehead.

Catching a glimpse of the clock I realized it was only half past three.

“You’re early today, huh?” I asked, following him downstairs.

“Yeah, they let me go earlier today.”

I nodded heading into the kitchen for a drink.

“We need to talk to you about something, honey.” My mother joined us in the kitchen.

I nodded for her to continue while drinking my water.

“We might be moving back to Portugal.” My father got straight to the point, receiving a glare from my mom.

I mentally thanked that I had finished my water because I would’ve chocked.

“What?” I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

“We might be moving back, because of my job-“

“No.” I interrupted, “We can’t go back now, we just started our lives here.” I spoke, the panic starting to kick in.

“We have been here way less time that we’ve lived in Portugal. We could go back to how it used to be.” My dad tried to reason.

“No, you can’t do that.” My eyes started to brim with tears at the thought of leaving London, the group, Harry.

“Melissa, you know it’s not particularly our choice.” My mother said softly but I just shook my head.

“Baby don’t cry,” She said embracing me in a hug, “It’s not a definite decision. Nothing is decided yet so we might even stay here.” She tried to calm me down.

Squeezing her one last time I pulled away wiping my tears.

I walked to my room and changed into a pair of grey sweatpants, a white jumper and a denim jacket. Grabbing a bag I packet the stuff I would need for a sleepover.

“Where are you going?” My mother asked concerned once I came back downstairs.

“Can I stay at Harry’s tonight? Please.” I asked chewing on my bottom lip.

“Honey, I don’t think-“

“Please. I just need to calm down, I promise we won’t do anything stupid.”

I just needed him to hold me, comfort me. I needed to get away from the thought of leaving him.

She sighed and I could tell she was contemplating on either letting me or not.

“Please.” I begged.

“Fine. But promise me you will be responsible, we wouldn’t want-“

“Mom, I get it.” I nodded.

We drove in silence, the thoughts running through my head  consuming all of my attention

 “Please, don’t be mad at me and you dad. We’re doing what’s the best.” She sighed for the millionth time that day, “and you know we aren’t sure of anything yet.”

“I know, mom. I know.” I said, resting my head on the window.

My small fist knocked on the door and soon Harry opened the door.

“Hey sun-what’s wrong?” He stepped out, closer to me.

“Can you just hold me?” I asked simply, my eyes meeting his.

His fingertips were pressed to mine for a few seconds before he laced our fingers fully and tugged me inside of his apartment.

He led me to the living room, after taking my bag and throwing it down next to the couch.

Wordlessly, he helped me to take off my jacket and shoes and I lay down on the couch, him following suit.

I could tell he had been laying here before I came by the blankets that were now covering both of us.

Snuggling into his chest I rested my face in the crock of his neck while his arms circled my waist.

“I love you.” I whispered into his neck.

“I love you more.” He kissed my temple.

I blinked a couple of times letting my eyes adjust to the light, or lack of it.

Lifting my head a little I realized we were still in the same position we have been before I fell asleep, but now the only light was from the TV since it had darkened outside.

My gaze fell upon Harry to find him staring at me with a small smile. Placing a kiss on his cheek I laid back down.

“What happened, love?” He asked softly.

After telling him about the conversation I had with my parents, I could tell he reacted better than I did.

“Don’t be upset.” I could feel the skin of his neck vibrating as he spoke, “they said it wasn’t the final decision so you don’t have to worry for now.”

“But what if I have to leave-“

“You won’t.” He said, taking one of my hands in his, bringing it to his lips. “If anything, you can always stay. You’re 18 now.”

What he said caught me off guard. I haven’t even thought about possibility of staying here by myself while my family moved back to Portugal. I guess you could say I wasn’t used to the fact that I was 18 already.

“I guess you’re right.” I said, not wanting to think about it anymore.

“Aren’t I always?”

I laughed, biting on his neck playfully.

“Hey, don’t go all tiger on me now.”

I smiled at how easily he could make me feel better.

“Thank you.” I said connecting our lips.

“I love you.” My heart sped up at is words just like the first time I heard him say them. And honestly I don’t I’ll ever get used to hear him saying that he loves me.

“I love you too.” I rested my forehead on him.

“Oh, I forgot to ask you. Can I stay here tonight? It’s okay if not but you’ll have to drive me home.”

“Of course.” He smiled warmly, “wait, your parents know?” He raised his eyebrow.

“Yea, I promised I would be responsible and won’t do anything stupid so they let me come.” I laughed at his amused expression.

“We’ll see about that.” He said before leaving kisses all over my face.

Okay, I know it sucks but I just wanted to show a little of their relationship. Sorryyyyyy.

My question this time is: 

-What is your favorite TV show? (I know it's not 1D related but I'm curious)

I love pretty little liars, modern family, grey's anatomy and I'm thinking of watching game of thrones.

Also, if you want to, share with me what you got for Christmas :)

Please don't forget to comment, it is really important for me!

k, byyyyyyyyyyyyye. I love you :) x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

968 18 22
378K 8.6K 55
Hey, I'm Gianna Miller. My aunt is Lou Teasedale-mildly famous stylist for One Direction. She's the one who takes me in when my parents kick me out o...
345 59 16
Enemies waited for eachother's love ❤️
43.3K 1.1K 26
❝Every once and a while, you've gotta grow up and take chances, London.❞