The Perfect One

De WishThatWasMe

Kirsten Callister had the life anyone would envy. Unless they knew the details of the secret her past held... Mai multe

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
THE END - Please read at least the bold part.

Chapter 18

275 11 0
De WishThatWasMe

The sound of the phone banging on the ground was what brought everyone rushing to me. I was frozen, struggling to breathe, looking at all of them frantically.

Tia was the first one to notice the phone lying on the ground. She picked it up as everyone looked on. "Hello?"

There was no response for a second, but then her expression changed. "Adam?" She breathed.

The next moment, Dad had snatched the phone out of her hand and Mom found her arms around me, walking me away.

I don't know how long I sat on the sofa, my eyes simply scanning the room. I could faintly hear Dad's voice talking to my friends' parents, who eventually left. Tia was the only one who stayed behind.

Finally, I whispered. "Mom? Can I have some water please?"

Her expression showed obvious relief. "Yeah, yeah. I'll get it." And then she went away leaving me alone with Tia. But I didn't say a word and neither did she.

Mom came back with the glass of water and I gulped it down. She rubbed my back. "Did he say why he called?"

I simply shook my head in response.

"Your dad spoke to Patrick. Apparently, he's called before and came to he house as well."

I looked at her, shocked. "He's here?!"

"So it seems."

The panic must have been evident on my face. "Kirsten," Mom said firmly. "He will not be able to touch you. We'll make sure of that." And then she went away, leaving me alone with Tia.

There was silence yet again, but then Tia came over and sat down next to me. "His voice hasn't changed much." Her voice was soft. "I wonder what he wanted."

I couldn't hold myself back and flung my arms around her, tears making theair way down my cheeks. She didn't say a word, simply hugging me back. After I while, I withdrew, feeling like I could talk about it. "What does he want now? After all that, why is he suddenly back?"

"I don't know." Tia shook her head, looking worried. "But I have a feeling we will find out." She put her arms around me again. "We're all here for  you, Kirs. He won't be able to hurt you again."

~*~

I didn't hear from Adam again. It was no suprise since Dad had the number blocked. He didn't even visit out house again or try any other way of contacting me. 

I slowly began to calm down and the inital cautiousness I had went away. I was back to normal by the time school reopened, looking forward to Junior year. 

I woke up with a new resolve that day, intending to make some long-awaited changes. I was up early that Monday, surprising Noah who came into the room only to find me entering the bathroom. His expression was priceless. 

Then he laughed. "Glad you're awake. Come down soon." 

I took a quick bath and then wore my chosen clothes. I had picked out the outfit for today with Tia a week ago. It was a white halter neck top with knee-length jeans as well as a silver heart necklace. I left my hair open and wore wedge sandals. 

I was feeling quite cheerful as I ate breakfast. The first thing I knew I had to do was accept Jason's relationship. I still had some negative feelings towards Vanessa, which wasn't fair of me since the girl had always been nice to me. I wanted to make things right between us, even if it meant suppressing my feelings for Jason, in hopes of removing them completely. 

Noah was waiting for me in the car. "Hey," I said, when I sat inside,

"Finally!" He gave a dramatic sigh of relief. 

I clicked my tongue as he started to drive. "So impatient."

"You? I totally agree." 

We casually bantered through the ride. But when we reached school, Noah was suddenly serious. "Wow, Kirs. It's Junior Year for you."

"Wow, Noah. It's Senior Year for you." I imitated his tone. "

He chuckled, shaking his head. "I'm serious." How turned to me, looking at me carefully. "Are you really okay, Kirsten?"

I nodded. "Never been better."

"Is that the truth or are you hiding something?" He asked, suspiciously. 

"I'm telling the truth! I know you guys are worried about me. But I promise. I'm fine." I smiled. "I want to make this year different. I want to move on from the past. And I feel really positive about everything."

"Even after-"

I cut him off. "Especially after he called. I was scared at first. But I think, with time and the help of all of you, I've healed. Adam calling that day shook me a little. But I feel more prepared now." 

Noah still looked skeptical, but then he shrugged. "If you feel that way, then I'm happy for you. But we're all here for you if you need anything. Remember that."

"I will." I went forward to hug him, feeling touched at his words. It was what everyone had told me - Tia, Mom, Dad and now, Noah.

I entered the school building with a smile on my face, after Noah had gone. I had got my schedule and headed to my locker. It was while I was going to homeroom, though, that I noticed that something was weird. 

The hallway was filled with students. But all of them would look at me and then turn back to continue their conversations. Some looked worried while others looked excited. 

It happened everywhere I went. And then I heard someone call me. Turning in the direction of the voice, I saw Michael jog up to me. 

"Hey. Room 216 for homeroom?" He asked.

"Yeah." I smiled. "Come on."

As we walked, I told Michael about the strange behaviour of the students. "I haven't been in school for long, so I don't know what's going on," Michael said. "But I did hear your name a couple times."

"I wonder why." 

Michael simply shrugged. Then he pointed forward. "Room's there."

We were early to class, so I suggested that we wait outside to see whether we would meet anyone else we knew. We did. Zoey was running down the hall, breathless by the time she reached us. 

"What's up?" I asked. 

She helped up her hand, asking us to wait. She took a couple deep breaths as she tried to catch her breath. "I'll tell you. But I need some water first." She took out a bottle from her bag and took a swig. 

"Kirsten," Zoey started. "Thing is. . "

She didn't need to tell me. Someone at the end of the hallway had caught my eye. It was the dark hair at first and I would have shrugged it off if his eyes hadn't caught mine. But it did. He didn't look away as he came closer to me. 

My breath hitched in my throat and that was what made Zoey turn around. I saw her look at me frantically through the corner of my eye. 

But she needn't worry. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I knew this was coming. I was partically prepared for it. But that didn't mean I was okay with facing the boy who was still coming closer. 

Thank God for the bell. I was still recovering by the time I had rushed into the class and taken my seat. Yet, I knew I couldn't avoid him for long. 

So much for letting go of the past.

(A/N) I don't even know if her philosophy made sense and it's too late in the night to read through it again. Plus, my laptop doesn't have lot of battery left. I'll go through it again when I can. :P

I've always thought of James Lafferty as Adam. But I just realised that he's kinda too old for the role. So methinks, Taylor Lautner will be befitting. :D

I'm hoping to finish this book ASAP since I want to start writing another one. So, I hope to be done in March atleast.

Anyhoo, tell me what you thought of this chapter. Vote and Comment and Share it with your friends. 

I'm always up for Read for Read. Just saying. xP 

I'm gonna go before I type any more. (Hey, that rhymed. :'P) 

Until next time. ^^

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

wlw oneshots 💋 De morgan ‼️

Ficțiune adolescenți

596K 2.3K 63
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
226M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...
The Boyfriend App De Mon D Rea

Ficțiune adolescenți

1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
မခွဲအတူ De yoonnay177

Ficțiune adolescenți

109K 5.3K 41
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...