The Horse And The Fox

Od AllieDaShifter

"Ugh! We were so close to freedom!" I huffed. Allysa nodded her head," Ya, we were both so caught up in gett... Viac

Flashback
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 15

19 2 0
Od AllieDaShifter

I felt this song was appropriate so...ya, don't judge 😂

Anchored 💗

Danny P.O.V.

I sat at the bottom of the stairs with my head in my hands.
After the whole ordeal with Jace, Gavin let Luke and I move into the guest bedrooms in his home.
I stayed in a guest room across from Luke.

Even though I cared for him, I still didn't wanna stay in the same room. He didn't argue the inevitable, he simply nodded and left me to do my business.

I sighed boredly and stood up to go find Kelsey. I wandered the house til I found her chewing on a bone in the middle of the room. I walked over and knealed down next to her. She looked up at me and her tounge lolled out happily. "Have you come to play with me? " I giggled, "Yes Kelsey, I've come to play with you. She Yipped and jumped up. She sprinted to the front door and waited eagerly.

I pulled the door open and shifted. Kelsey bounded into the outside world. I galloped after her. I whinnied happily as she barked and play growled. We ran around in the frontyard. I don't think I've ever been happier to have Kelsey around than I was right then. She made me smile.

She jumped around, playfully nipping at my legs. I fell over and pretended to be dead. She trotted over to me and poked me with her nose. She snorted heavily and stood on top of me and gave her best puppy howl. I looked up at her. She looked back at me with a goofy puppy smile.

She jumped off and I stood up. I missed having this much fun. The last time I had this much fun was when my parents were still alive. My parents. Time seemed to freeze as I went through various memories.
When dad played with me when I first shifted, how mom would go on runs with me.

I pushed the thoughts away. Just then, I heard Kelsey give a small growl, then a whimper, both sounded confused. She jumped off of me as I stood up, my mane whipping to the other side if my neck. It was only him.  Luke walked up to me slowly as if u would explode any second. My tail swished back and forth nervously. What was he gonna do? Why is he out here? He should be resting right now.
Before I knew it, he had his arms around my neck and his face buried into my mane.

I stood there silently, not shifting and unmoving. "Thank you", he whispered," for being there for me. Even after all of the shit I put you through. How could I ever make it up to you...princess." I looked down at him and he looked up at me. His emerald eyes held sadness and guilt.
I looked away, Kelsey was in my field of vision now. Her face was twisted with sadness and confusion. She wanted me to be happy, she didn't want to see either me or Luke in a saddened state. I looked back a Luke, his eyes still begging. Then, I did something I haven't done in a long time.

I laid my head over top of his shoulder and pulled him closer to me.I breathed in his scent as he let out a breath of relief and hugged me tighter. I began to shift back into my human form, I encircled my arms around him. I never wanted to let go, I wanted to stay in his arms forever. He pulled back a little so he could look at me. He gave a small smile. I looked up at him for the first time in a long time not of fear, but out of love.

He brushed a stray hair out of my face and kissed my forehead. I leaned into his chest. Its only been three days since we left Allysa's pack. I'm not sure if I was ready for what was in store for me now.

Luke P.O.V.

Even if I tried to, here in her arms, I don't think she would let me kiss her. Everything that happened is still fresh in her mind. If only I wasn't such an idiot. I made her run from me, she didn't want to be around me. I nearly lost my mate to my own emotions. I attacked her, she was hurt and I was gonna finish her at that battle on Blood Moon Territory.

Its gonna take longer to earn her trust then I have the time for. What was I thinking? How am I gonna get her to kiss me in such a short time span?!

I pulled back and stared softly into her icy blue eyes. I gave her a faint smile and brushed a stray hair away from her beautiful face. God that face,  the face the moon goddess blessed me with, the face I never want to harm again.

"Danny, could I ask you something?"
She looked at me questioningly, "Sure Luke...go ahead." We sat down on the grass and I pulled her close. I felt her tense a little, then relax. "What if, what if in that hospital room, on that bed, I passed. What would you've done?"  She looked at me in awe. "Luke, we mat have had our ups and horrific downs and, well, I may not be settled in yet, but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna love you anymore than what I had when I first moved in with you. Luke if you had died, I wouldn't have known what to do with myself."

She pulled her legs up and laid her head on her knees. I felt bad, I didn't know that this would be her response.  I pulled her over so that her head would be resting on my shoulder, "Hey now, its okay Danni, I'm here now. I didn't die, I'm right here with you. I would never leave you alone princess, never again will I ever do that to you." I felt her hot tears land on my hand as I brush my thumb over her cheek.

I laid down on the grass with Danni's head resting on my chest. The sun had begun to set. The sky was turning shades of pink and purple, orange and gold. I glanced down at Danni, staring up at the color filled sky. "Its so beautiful." She said in awe. I smiled, what I was going to say was the cheesiest line in the book but in my car, it was true. "I know", I stated, "I can't stop staring."

She looked up and our eyes met. She gave a small smile at my attempt to be cute. I sighed, "I could lay here all night." She snuggled in closer to me, "Me too." Kelsey gave a happy bark and laid down next to Danni. She padded her head and gave a big smile as Kelsey lolled her tongue out of her mouth. In a few minutes both Kelsey and Danni were fast asleep. I laughed softly and picked up the two. I laid Kelsey on top of Danni and carried her bridal style to the house.

I laid her on my bed, both still sound asleep. Her hair splayed out around her. I smiled and left to grab a blanket and pillow to sleep on the couch.
After Danni and Kelsey had left, I destroyed my chair that I had day in when I forced information out of her. My beta, while I was out, installed a couch in its absence. I came back into the room and set up on the couch. I Dont know if she is comfortable sleeping with me yet, and I don't wanna take any chances. I got comfortable and before i knew it, I was asleep.

I was back in the black abyis of my mind. Why was I here, again. I noticed Zane sitting a few feet away, he looked worried. "Ah, there you are, I was wondering when you would show." I whipped around to find the Moon Goddess looking patient. "Moon Goddess," I started," what is it? What has happened?" She smiled, "Nothing child, just checking up on you and Zane. How has it been?" I glanced at Zane and started speaking. "We don't really know to be honest. We don't want to mess anything up and its hard when she doesn't trust us like she used to." Zane gave a low growl, "You. He means him. I didn't do anything." I gave a frustrated sigh.

The Moon Goddess simply laughed, "What makes you say she doesn't trust you as of now Luke? She seems to trust you perfectly fine, if she didn't then she wouldn't have been in that hospital room with you. What is it you're scared of?" Zane stared at me confused. I looked down, "I'm afraid of rejection. I don't want to loose her again." The Goddess gave a soft smile, "You won't know if you don't try Luke, its time to get up now. You're pack needs you now and so does Danni and Kelsey. I will see you again soon Alpha Luke." With that a bright light shown and before I knew what hit me,

I was awake again. I stared up at the ceiling, thinking about what the Moon Goddess had said. 'You won't know if you don't try Luke...' I sat up and looked to the bed, still lying there was a sleeping Danni and Kelsey, or so I thought. I got up and sat down on the opposite side of the bed. Kelsey was emidiately up and on my lap within seconds. I gave a low laugh as Danni rolled over to face me, she looked worried.

"Luke, are you okay? You were sleep talking about something last night. It sounded urgent." I froze for a second, then brushed it off, "It was nothing, just a bad dream." She scooted closer to me, laying her head on my shoulder, "What was it about?"
I looked out the window, "I was out with you and we got attacked by another pack. I tried to defend you but they took you from me and made you watch me...die. I wasn't marked either so I didn't feel out emotional bond breaking but...but you are and from the heavens I had watched you suffer, because of me...I don't want that to happen, I don't want to watch you suffer something I couldn't and should've felt." I felt her look away, she knows that it would be true. If I died, I wouldn't feel a thing, but she would feel everything, all the pain, emotions, depression, and eventually, going pschycotic.

"Luke, I...I dont know what to say. I love you so much now but-" All of a sudden, I felt a jolt of pain sent in waves through me. Kelsey jumped off of me as I gave a pained groan. Danni looked panicked. "Luke, Luke what's happening?!" I heard Zane howl, The Fates, they found out about our deal with the Moon Goddess, they are trying to kill us! We have to get Danni to mark us or we are done for!

Danni laid me down on the bed, "I'll go get the pack doctor!" I grabbed her by the wrist, "No, Danni, you can't leave, I need you here! Only you can help me, no one else can!" She fell down on her knees next to the bed in near tears as I held her hand. Another wave of pain was sent through me like electricity. This time, it was Danni who screeched in pain. "The bond...Luke, you're dying!" U continued to hold her hand, "Listen Danni, if I go out, I can't let you endure the pain alone, Danni, I want, no, I need you to mark me. I won't take no for an answer, I'm not gonna let you suffer alone!" It was silent for a moment, then she stood and nodded. Her face was covered in tears, her beautiful eyes were loosing its loving glow. I closed my eyes as she bent over top of me to my neck. A wave of pain shot through me again and I winced in pain. Seconds later, I felt her teeth on my skin, it made me shutter. I felt a shot of pain, then a tingling feeling in my neck. Then, everything went black.

🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺
Hello my shifter lovelies! Now I know what you're gonna say, Allie, where tha fuck you been for the past 5 damn months?! And the answer is school, it's a pain in the ass this year and I just completely forgot about The Horse and The Fox. I'm trying right now guys, to find more time to do this, hopefully over Christmas break I will be on the ball with my chapters. Also, sorry for the cliffhanger (Not sorry 🐶 ♀) I promise to get you your next chapter out ASAP. Until then, Shifter out!

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

38 0 25
Empire is saved, but the world is still in danger. Kairos Empire: I joined forces with my aunts to drive out the demon king, Uruk'Zu, but we lost Pho...
2.2M 61.1K 65
Im inside my car on the way home from work,it's already late night...i noticed something was approaching...I looked closer to the side mirror to have...
535K 17.7K 60
A horse ranch. That's where I lived at least. I know, not very exciting to those of you who don't care for this life or think it's all about work. Bu...
84.2K 2.6K 32
It's been almost one year since Lena was last seen after Dylan's rejection. After a few months there were rumors of her wolf's appearance from differ...