Chapter 1

#picture of Alpha Luke
💝No limits💝

Danellia*

*Three years later*
I got up and stretched my arms.
I looked over at Allysa who was still out.
Smiling, I quietly got up and walk over to the river nearby.
I shifted into my horse, Vidalea, and began drinking.
The water ran down my dry throat.

Everything was fine until I heard a crack.
My head shot up and I scanned the area.
Nothing but trees and shrubs.
I could hear foot steps behind me, so I spun around, ears pinned to my head and glared to the intruder.

I flicked my ears up again. It was just Allysa with her hands thrown up in the air.
"Geez Danny, a little jumpy are we?" I snorted at her and walked to her side.
She shifted into her fox as I lowered myself to the ground.
She hopped onto my back, I got up and we began our journey again.

We've been wandering this vast forest for years, keeping out of reach of the cruel alpha who wanted to use me after he killed my parents and the packs original
alpha.
We learned his name was Johnathan Morgan.
I wanted my revenge for my parents but Allysa and I had no one else but each other, he would easily over power us with his army.

It was dark when we came to a road sign. Welcome To Montana!

Holy Shit! We came a long way! I heard Allysa's voice run through my mind.
I bobbed my head in agreement. Three years ago when we had just met, we had been in Iowa.
We came a along ways in three years, maybe now that we are a well way away from him and his pack, Johnathan will leave us be and not pursue us anymore.
I whinned loudly, fighting the urge to rear up in fear of throwing Allysa off of me.
She yapped in excitement and I took off running.
The wind blowing through my mane, allysa still yipping happily.
We ran and ran as far as my legs could go.
I didn't wanna stop, never wanted to stop, I could go for hours on end normally but now I feel like I could go all day.

We were still going when I felt Allysa tense up on my back. I sniffed the air and I realized why she did so, we were in another pack's territory.
Shit. I said through the link. Same. Allysa said back, we smelled the scent of wolves and they were coming in fast.
We both shifted into our human forms, thank god we still get our clothes with we do so.
We heard barks and howls coming right at us.
We both got into a fighting stance and waited.
The first wolf came at us and Allysa turned and kicked him in the side.
He flung out to the right.
The second wolf came flying out of the bushes.
He jumped at me and I stepped out to the side and he zoomed past me into the first wolf.
The wolves kept coming and we just kept slamming them into each other.

The wolves grew in numbers, we were being overwhelmed.
They eventually caught us but not without some of them getting a black eye or broken arm.
They lead us to their territory and into their holding cells.
They threw me into a cell with Allysa and then left.

"Ugh! We were so close to freedom!" I huffed.
Allysa nodded her head," Ya, we were both so caught up in getting away that we didn't stop and sniff the air to learn that we were in another's territory."
I stood and walked over to the cell door to look out.
The chamber was all stone with cells lining both walls.
Some of the rouges in there stared me down devilishly.
I looked back at Allysa, "Do you think they will torture us?"
Allysa shrugged, "Guess we will have to wait and find out."

*2 hours later*

I laid on one of the bunks in the cell, staring at the ceiling.
-How much longer are we gonna sit here Danellia?- Vidalea snorted.
She was starting to get ansy, I could feel her pace.
-I'm not sure Vi, but we probably aren't leaving anytime soon.-
I heard Allysa give a growl and begin to pace back and forth.

"This is ridiculous, why is it taking so long for their alpha to get down here and do...whatever he is supposed to do!" I sighed, " I have no clue."

I jumped off of my bunk and put a hand on Allysa's shoulder.

Just had we had begun to fall asleep, the door to our cell opened.
We both jumped off the beds and stood there, waiting.
They were merely guards, "Let's go, get a move on."

They lead us down the long hall.
We listened to what the other prisoners were saying about us.

Some howled when we walked by, some cat called and some tried to reach through the bars and touch us and every time it happened, they were slapped away by a guard.

Sure we are prisoners but we are also women. Respect is a virtue.

They opened a door to a interrogation room.
Great, so they did intend on possible torture.
Well, I guess this answers my question huh Allysa.
No reply, she must be terrified.

The guards took us and strapped us into the chairs set in the room.

We were facing a large table full of different tools.
Now I'm scared, I don't want to go, not like this.
The guards let us in the room alone, or so I thought.

Right as they left, a strange man walked out of the corner on the far side of the room.

His footsteps echoed through the room.
"Well, well, well, look what the wolf dragged in. Tell me, why are you two on my territory?"

Allysa gulped once and tried to answer, "We didn't mean any harm, we weren't paying attention and crossed into your territory."

He laughed, "If you didn't mean any harm", he slammed his hands onto the table, still facing the back wall," why did you attack my patrol!"

It was my turn to laugh now," Us, attack them? No sir, you're wrong, they attacked us, we were defending ourselves."

He growled," And you expect me to believe a couple filthy rouges like yourselves?"
I shrugged, "No not really, unless its the truth your looking for, then yes."

He picked up a knife  and looked it over still facing the back wall.

"That doesn't answer my question you disgusting rouge."

"I believe it does you poor excuse of an Alpha."
Allysa gasped and the man swung around and cut my arm with the iron knife.
The cut hurt but healed quickly. I yelped in surprise and he held another knife to my throat.

He was looking at the floor. "Say anything like that again rouge", he looked up at me," and I will..."

He froze. I glared at him, waiting for him to finish his threat.
Then, he did the unexpected.

He dropped the knives and they rattled as they hit the floor.

He fell to his knees, his head hanging. I looked at him confused.

He stared up at me, "Please, please forgive me." I shook my head and Allysa stayed silent and watched.

"What are you talking about?"

I sniffed the air and the smell that hit my nose was, different than what I had expected.

It smelt like, mint and chocolate. My eyes widened and my mouth must've dropped to the floor.

I looked down at the Alpha begging for my forgiveness.

I couldn't believe it, this man, this alpha, was a horse shifter's, my mate.

🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺
Hope you enjoyed!