Chapter 15

I felt this song was appropriate so...ya, don't judge 😂

Anchored 💗

Danny P.O.V.

I sat at the bottom of the stairs with my head in my hands.
After the whole ordeal with Jace, Gavin let Luke and I move into the guest bedrooms in his home.
I stayed in a guest room across from Luke.

Even though I cared for him, I still didn't wanna stay in the same room. He didn't argue the inevitable, he simply nodded and left me to do my business.

I sighed boredly and stood up to go find Kelsey. I wandered the house til I found her chewing on a bone in the middle of the room. I walked over and knealed down next to her. She looked up at me and her tounge lolled out happily. "Have you come to play with me? " I giggled, "Yes Kelsey, I've come to play with you. She Yipped and jumped up. She sprinted to the front door and waited eagerly.

I pulled the door open and shifted. Kelsey bounded into the outside world. I galloped after her. I whinnied happily as she barked and play growled. We ran around in the frontyard. I don't think I've ever been happier to have Kelsey around than I was right then. She made me smile.

She jumped around, playfully nipping at my legs. I fell over and pretended to be dead. She trotted over to me and poked me with her nose. She snorted heavily and stood on top of me and gave her best puppy howl. I looked up at her. She looked back at me with a goofy puppy smile.

She jumped off and I stood up. I missed having this much fun. The last time I had this much fun was when my parents were still alive. My parents. Time seemed to freeze as I went through various memories.
When dad played with me when I first shifted, how mom would go on runs with me.

I pushed the thoughts away. Just then, I heard Kelsey give a small growl, then a whimper, both sounded confused. She jumped off of me as I stood up, my mane whipping to the other side if my neck. It was only him.  Luke walked up to me slowly as if u would explode any second. My tail swished back and forth nervously. What was he gonna do? Why is he out here? He should be resting right now.
Before I knew it, he had his arms around my neck and his face buried into my mane.

I stood there silently, not shifting and unmoving. "Thank you", he whispered," for being there for me. Even after all of the shit I put you through. How could I ever make it up to you...princess." I looked down at him and he looked up at me. His emerald eyes held sadness and guilt.
I looked away, Kelsey was in my field of vision now. Her face was twisted with sadness and confusion. She wanted me to be happy, she didn't want to see either me or Luke in a saddened state. I looked back a Luke, his eyes still begging. Then, I did something I haven't done in a long time.

I laid my head over top of his shoulder and pulled him closer to me.I breathed in his scent as he let out a breath of relief and hugged me tighter. I began to shift back into my human form, I encircled my arms around him. I never wanted to let go, I wanted to stay in his arms forever. He pulled back a little so he could look at me. He gave a small smile. I looked up at him for the first time in a long time not of fear, but out of love.

He brushed a stray hair out of my face and kissed my forehead. I leaned into his chest. Its only been three days since we left Allysa's pack. I'm not sure if I was ready for what was in store for me now.

Luke P.O.V.

Even if I tried to, here in her arms, I don't think she would let me kiss her. Everything that happened is still fresh in her mind. If only I wasn't such an idiot. I made her run from me, she didn't want to be around me. I nearly lost my mate to my own emotions. I attacked her, she was hurt and I was gonna finish her at that battle on Blood Moon Territory.