Chapter 2

#Picture of Daniella
💝Where is Mate?💝

Alpha Luke*

I was already 26 and the whole matelessness was taking a toll on me.

I was tired of being alone, I can't stand it any longer!

I laid my head on my desk in my office. I guess I could nap for a minute or so to clear my head.

I had just began to falling asleep when my office door opened.

"Hi Lukey!" Said a high pitched voice. I huffed into my arm.

"Go away Tristen. You're not welcome in here." She gave a pouty face, "But Luuuuuke! I love you and you love me!"

I raised my head, "Tristen, we were little when I said that and that was years ago."
She crossed her arms and sighed.
I got up to leave but stopped next to her.

I grabbed her wrist and pulled her out of my office into the hall. I faced her annoyed green eyes," I'm waiting for my mate and you should be too." I said and I locked my office door and made my way down the hall.

I walk through the middle of the yard, passed the pack house where all the kids would play.
I watched them run around, playing tag or hide n' seek or sometimes different sports.
I wish I had pups, but not with anyone who isn't my mate.

I had just reached my home and had opened the door when I heard Beta Ayden run up behind me.
"Alpha", he started," we caught two rouges, they are in a holding cell as we speak."
I turned to looked at Ayden and my eyes widened. He had wounds and lots of them.
It looked like he got attacked by a cougar. "Holy shit Ayden, what happened to you?"

He looked down and huffed then back up at me, "The rouges we caught did this."
I raised an eyebrow, rouges around here don't make wounds this bad.

"Have you questioned them at all?" He kicked the dirt," no." I stepped off of the porch on the house. "How long have they been in there?"

Ayden looked up at me again, "Two hours."
My voice rose, "WHAT THE HELL AYDEN! WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY ANYTHING SOONER?!"

He flinched at the tone of my voice. "We were taking care of the patrol they attacked."
I eyes widened, "THEY attacked YOU?"
He nodded his head, still cowering away from me.
"Get a room ready, as well as a table, we are going to be interrogating them."

"Yes Alpha." Was all he said and he was gone.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I entered the interrogation room and looked around.
It was small with a table against the back wall and two strap in chairs.

I was going to have fun with this.
The guards entered the room with the rouges.
I didn't look at them, I didn't need to, I already knew they could be potentially dangerous.

I heard the guards strap them down and leave.
I waited a couple minutes and walked out of the shadows.
"Well well well, look what the wolf dragged in. What are you doing on my territory?"
.
.
.
.
.
The rouges were she wolves and the one to my right was starting to completely piss me off.
I picked up a harmless iorn knife and began toying with it.

"That doesn't answer my question you disgusting rouge." I spat.

She laughed softly, "I believe it does you poor excuse of an Alpha."

That tears it. I heard her friend gasped as I grabbed a silver knife.

I spin around and sliced her arm with the iorn knife.
I watched it heal and then held the silver knife centimeters away from her throat.
"Say anything like that again rouge",
I looked up at her," and I will..."
I stopped, I can't believe what I was doing to her, the one I had been searching for since day 1.

I dropped the knives and they rattled as they hit the floor.
She still stared me down, daring me to finish my threat.

I fell to my knees in submission. Her glowing blue eyes gazed at me in confusion.

"Please, please forgive what I have done." My voice cracked and I looked up at her.

She shook her head confused, "What, what are you talking about?" I watched her give a sniffle, then sniff again.
She looked down at me shocked. Her friend staring on still lost and confused.

"Umm Danny", she said, "what is going on?"

"Danny", I let the name roll off my tongue, "is that your name?" My mate went silent.
"My name is Daniella Holten and this is my best friend Allysa Fray."

"OKAY!" Yelled the one named Allysa," what the hell is going on? Dannnnny!"

I gave a low growl and Danny stomped her foot. "Quit it." She said. I stopped growling, stood up and unstrapped Daniella and Allysa. Allysa grabbed Daniella's arm and pulled her close.

She whispered something to her and Allysa gave a shocked look, turned and glanced at me and turned back to my mate.

It grew awkward just standing here as they talked. So I grabbed the knives I dropped to put them away. I placed the silver knife back on the table but held the iorn knife I had used to cut Daniella.

I stared at for an eternity, then threw it away. I didn't want to be reminded of how I hurt her.

I smelled her strawberry scent coming close. I turned around.

She stood in the light, her brown hair shimmering with natural highlights.
She was perfect in every way possible.

She tucked her stray hairs behind her ear, "What's your name?"
I took a step forward and she stayed still. "I'm Luke Winston, Alpha of the Full Moon pack."
She nodded and motioned Allysa forward. She took her hand, " If you want me to stay, she stays too and you and I must be in separate rooms but close by."

I nodded understanding where she was going with this.

I brought them out of the room and down the hall. The other rouges cat calling at the girls.
I snarled at them all. No one was going to do anything to my mate and her friend.
Daniella turned and gave me a small smile which made my heart and wolf leap.
We went along with no more trouble from the other imprisoned rouges.
When I stepped out of the cellars, the girls had been waiting for me,-that's good, she does want us.- Zane howled.
I smiled inwardly, -yeah, it is good.-

Daniella*

He lead us into a large two story house. The first room we came into I assume was a living room.

It had two couches and two recliners with a round glass coffee table in the center with a fireplace on the wall.

A staircase made its way up to the second floor. Everything wood inside was a beautiful dark oak.

The place was amazing, I couldn't believe it.
I guess I got caught staring cause all of a sudden, I felt a hand on my shoulder.
I looked over to find Luke gazing at me worriedly, "Is it too much? We could go to the pack house." I stepped away and pushed my hands out in front of me, "No no no, it's fine, I'm just amazed on how beautiful this place is."

"Yeah", Allysa said as she went to the foot of the stairs, "this place is crazy amazing." Luke gave a laugh and looked at me as if he wanted to say something but thought better of it.

" Come on, I'll show you the room yal will stay in." He moved past Allysa up the stairs and we followed.
I had to admit, for it only being two stories high, you could still get lost in here.

He grabbed a rounded silver doorknob and opened it. There were two beds, both queen sized, two walk in closets, a large bathroom and a flat screen t.v., the color of the walls were a jade blue.

"This is the closest room to mine, I'm right next door to the left, I'll let yal get settled in. Come knock if you need anything." And with that, he left.

🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺hope you liked this one, more on the way!