Flashback

Danellia*

I shifted when I first turned five. My parents were so happy when I shifted into my horse for the first time. That's right, I said horse, my mother is a wolf, however my daddy is also a horse. Its such a big deal to everyone in the pack but to me, I'm just another shifter; water under the bridge.

Those past few years went smoothly for my family and our pack, until we were attacked and our pack was taken over. My parents both had told me to run but I refused and choose to stay in the safe house. That lead to me being caught and being escorted out to see the one who defeated us, as well as the ones to killed my parents. I saw their bodies in a pool of blood in the grass. I broke down on the lawn. I feel to my knees and cried. The guards tried to grab me but I ran to my parents bodies. I touched my mother's firey red hair and held my daddy's cold hand. Why them? Why me? Why my pack?

The guards grabbed me by my arm and drug me away from their bodies. My sadness turned into anger, I went into an angry rampage. I shifted into my horse, her painted hair showing through. I whinned and reared up, they took everything from me. I landed and galloped away. Maneuvering left and right, trying not to get caught. I reached the tree line into the forest, I was home free, or so I thought. Next thing I know, a rope came around my neck. I was yanked backwards. Still struggling, I leaped from side to side, trying to get free.

It took hours for them to get me tied up to a post that was ten feet away from us, serves them right. I'm glad I gave those assholes a hard time. I paced back and forth and yanked on the rope.

-This is some shit.- I heard Vidalea grumble, -They can't just keep us here forever.- I bobbed my head in agreement. I had to escape before something awful happened. I pulled and yanked and jumped and ran, I couldn't get free. I neighed in frustration, I wasn't getting anywhere with all this thrashing. I pinned my ears back and stared at the rope that had me tethered to the post. There was laughter behind me, I whipped my head around to see the new alpha stroding torwards me. I galloped at him til I reached the end of the rope. I reared up and reached for him, he must die. "What a silly filly you are." He said, I stopped and glared at him, "shift." I gave him a blank stare, old or new alpha, he wasn't going to make me shift. "Shift." He said once more. I pinned my ears again, turned around and walked away. He shrugged, "alright fine, you can sleep tied to the post." I waited til he was gone to hang my head in utter sadness. My parents was all I had and that was gone.
I cried myself to sleep and woke up later to meet the eyes of a fox.

Allysa*

I lopped through the woods, my red fur blowing around in the wind, my day couldn't be any better, I got the stuff my parents wanted and was on my way home. -We were gone for so long, I wonder if they missed us.- Scarlet questioned. My bushy fox tail flipped from side to side.
-Of course Scarlet, they love us.-
I was adopted at four years of age by a lovely couple who were both wolf shifters. After I shifted they were shocked but told me they loved me anyway. Its been great ever since then.

I reached our front door, which was strangely already open, and walked in. What I saw was terrifying. Everything was destroyed and my parents were gone. Disappeared into thin air.
-Did they...abandon us?- I didn't answer, I grabbed the basket of food and ran into the woods. I had been running all day and my paws were killing me. It was getting dark as well so I stopped and laid out by a tree. Everything was silent until I was awoken by the heart broken whinny of a horse.

I followed her neighs and whinnes until I reached the edge of a territory. I rolled around on the autum leaves to try and mask my scent and stepped into pack territory.

It had grown quiet after a couple minutes, she must've fallen asleep. I tried to stay as silent as possible for mine and the trapped horses sake. I made it to the center of the territory surprisingly without seeing any guards. I ran over to the sleeping horse and began chewing away on the rope. I gnawed on it for what seemed like ages and the rope finally gave and snapped in two.

I saw the horses ears flick up and her eyes opened to see mine. She didn't move but I did. I wanted to show her no harm so I laid down on my back.
The filly nuzzled my side and trotted over to a exercise box and looked at me intently. I walked over to her confused. She signaled to the box then her back. She wanted me to get on her back? I jumped onto the box then her back. Once I was set, she took off at the speed of sound. She weaved left and right dodging trees. Once we were out of the territory I jumped off and ran to my tree and grabbed the basket. Her turn to go with me.I ran circles and she stared at me blankly. I ran to the left and she followed close behind. Once we thought we were far enough away from that pack, we settled down and went to sleep. That night, we heard the angry howl of an alpha, tracking down his prey.

Present time*

It been years since that happened. Danella is 22 now as well as I. We've been on the run ever since.

I hope you liked!