Chapter 16

Love You Til The Sun Dies🌞❤

Danni POV

His breathing was slowing, I could feel his heart beating slower by the second. I could feel the horrible pain of the bonds breaking between us. I stared at his neck, if I marked him, he would feel the pain too. He was already feeling a lot of pain and he was willing to let me mark him so he could share my pain.

I leaned over him, feeling him stiffen as my lips brushed over the sweet spot on his neck. I kissed it once, then sank my canines gently into that spot. He gave a soft moan as I pulled away from him, looking at my work. It was a little red, which is okay because it'll fade away within time. Overall, I didn't do bad. I looked back at Luke, noticing that he wasn't moving around anymore.

I freaked. "Luke, Luke wake up, wake up Luke! Don't leave me here alone!" I climbed on top of him, trying to shake him awake, nothing. The tears began to stream down my face, Kelsey, who had been watching this all go down from the couch laid her ears to the side with her head in between her front paws. I held his face and touched my forehead to his, the tears falling on his face like rain.

Everything was quiet, still, as if we were in a void. That's when I felt it, his chest rising and falling slowly. He was breathing, he was alive. There was still hope, now that we were both marked, I could mind link other pack members.

The first person I thought of was the one who brought me to my mate that fateful day. I focoused on finding him, "Aiden, get the pack doctor to Luke's room now! It's important!"

There was a silence.

"Danniella? Is that you?"
"Yes, get over here with the doctor, right now!"
"Why, what's happening?"
"GOD DAMMIT AIDEN IF YOU DON'T GET A PACK DOCTOR DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU! NOW STOP ASKING QUESTIONS AND HURRY YOUR ASS UP!"

"Y-Yes Luna, I'm so sorry!"

I cut the link and rolled over next to Luke. I looked at his sleeping face. I hate to use the Luna trick on Aiden but he wasn't listening. I've witnessed it in my old pack, anytime the Luna is upset, mad or just emotional, the whole pack feels it. Its the worst feeling to a pack member to feel their Luna's emotions directed at someone or them.

A couple minutes later, Aiden and the pack doctor came crashing through the door. I doctor was inspecting him almost immediately. I got off the bad and sat on the couch with Kelsey and Aiden. He sat there, twiddling with his thumbs absent mindedly. I release a breath and turn to him. "Aiden, I'm sorry for making you feel that way but I needed to get my point across for Luke's sake." He looked up at me with a small smile, "Its okay Luna, I understand, I should've listened. I promise to never do it again."

I smiled at him and looked back at the doctor. He wiped a little sweat off of his face before he spoke. "Luke seems to be in a comatic state right now Luna. The good news is that it looks like he won't be in this state for long, worst casenario, he's out for a week."
I released a breath. I thought he was gone. Kelsey nudged my hand thoughtfully. I looked down at her and smiled, she let her tongue loll out. Luke is gonna live? He will be okay?
I nodded at her. She gave a big wolfish grin. The doctor knelt down next to me, "We are gonna need to move him to a hospital room. Is this okay with you?" I nodded, "Do everything you can to make him comfortable in his sleep." I smiled, understanding.

I waited for them to leave before I burst into tears. A week? At most? I just got him back only for him to be taken away from me again. It had grown dark outside. I walked over to the window seat and sat down. I stared up at the night sky, at stars, at the moon. Tears still falling, I spoke quietly as if someone would hear me if I were any louder. "I need more time moon goddess. I only just got him back. Please, don't let me loose him again." The moon seemed to glow a little brighter and I gave a small smile before going to bed to get a well needed sleep.
.
.
.
.
I woke the next morning feeling a heavy as a weight. I trudged to the bathroom and did my daily routine. I didn't want to leave this room. His room. Throughout the day, I denied anyone who came to see me. Aiden, the doctor told how he was through the door, various other pack members, no one was allowed in. A couple days passed and I was going insane.

His past sins started flowing through my mind like an endless stream. I told him I forgave him... but I can't forget. They are haunting me, they won't go away. I'm falling apart. I drop to my knees and cry.

My eyes were puffy and ted by the time the someone knocked on the door. "Didn't Aiden tell you, I don't want visitors." I cried out. "Even if its me?" I turned to face the intruder. My eyes widened. Standing in the door way was Allysa, my best friend, my sister. I cried out her name and ran to her. She shut the door and embraced me. She pulled back after a minute or two and looked at me. "Danni, you look awful, how long have you been cooped up in here?" I looked away, "since it happened..." Her eyes widened, "That's THREE days Danni, what the hell?! This", she gestured to my mess; pillows and blankets everywhere, empty dishes on the table, Kelsey laying under the bed looking depressed, "is NOT healthy Danniella and you know it."

I glanced down, defeated. Allysa sighed, "Why don't you go see Luke today? I hear when people are in his...predicament, that they can still hear you talking to them. He hasn't heard your voice since he passed out, how do you think he feels?" I looked back up at her, "You're right Allysa, I mean look at me, I look like a train wreck, this room looks like a train wreck and I've neglected to visit my mate. Okay, I'm in."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Allysa and I sit in the chairs next to the bed. I sighed, how could I have let things get so far away from me? What is it with me and causing these problems? I looked over at Luke. He looked so peaceful, his chest rising and falling slowly, almost as if he were a carefree pup with no worries.

I sat up, Allysa looked at me worriedly. Carefree...tasks...the pack, who's going to run the pack? I stood up, Allysa doing the same. "Danni", she started,"what is it?" I glanced around the room, "The pack, it needs me more than ever now." I'm lead female, I must run it while Luke is down." Allysa shook her head, "No you don't Aiden, he could-" I snapped my head to her,"No Allysa, Aidennis great and all but I can do this, its my pack, if I'm staying Herr with him then I need to help lead it."

She nodded, "As you wish, Luna Danni." I smirked at her formal statement then knelt down next to Luke's bed. I kissed his forehead, "Don't worry Luke, I won't let you or the pack down.

🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺
Hello!!!! Hope you enjoyed the chapter! The next one is underway as we speak so don't loose faith in me just yet! Shifter out!