Chapter 21

Back To Normal? 😕

Danni P.O.V.

Its been a couple weeks since our fight with Sebastian. Allysa finally healed up and went home to her pack.  Speaking of which, I'm glad that Gavin wasn't mad about the whole thing with Allysa getting hurt defending another pack. I guess he understands more than I thought. I went down the stairs quickly, thinking about countless outcomes.

Sebastian knows where I am now, thankfully not Allysa...but what does that mean for my pack?

Will he try to kill Luke because hes my mate?

Will he kill my pack like he did my old one?

Will he make me watch if it comes down to it?

All of a sudden, I ran into a hard chest and nearly fell over. Thankfully, they caught me before I hit the ground. I opened my eyes to find Luke staring down at me with a smirk on his face. I shot him a look and stood up straight. He gave off a sexy laugh...I mean what? "Why do you look so serious Danni?" I shook out of my thoughts again and answered. "Its nothing, really, I'm just lost in thought." He grabbed my hand gentlely and walked us over to the couch. We sat down and he brush ed my knuckles with his thumb.

"What's got you so lost in thought princess?" I scoffed and looked down at our entwined hands. "Its nothing, really, I promise." That was a lie. He shook his head, "Come on Danni, I can tell when something is wrong and somerhing is wrong." I looked down at the floor at this. He's read me like an open book. I sighed, "Its him, Sebastian, i'm worried. What if he tries to...kill our pack, tries to kill you." Luke's face dropped and he pulled me close to him. "We won't let that happen princess, we've been through too much to lose now."

Tears threatened to fall from my eyes. Dammit, i'm not a cryer, what is happening. I've never cried over something like this, not even when my old pack was taken from me. I cried with Jason in Gavin's pack but it was over Luke. What is it about him that makes me weak?

I felt him lift me up and ser me on his lap. My breath hitched for a second and luckily, he didn't notice. He hugged my body into his chest. I could hear his heart beating rapidly inside his chest. He began kissing my forehead, my cheeks, trying his best to comfort me. Once again, I wanted to melt into him and never leave. We sat there like this for what seemed like hours. Soon, a knock sounded at the door. Luke looked up and looked back down at me. "Alpha, are you alright? No one has seen you or the Luna all day, the pack is getting concerned."

Aiden.

"We're fine Aiden, is there anything else you need or is that it?" There was a short silence before he answered. "We found a member of that pack that attacked us, he's alive. We thought you might wanna have a word with him."
Luke sighed heavily, looking down at me again. I stared up into his big green eyes. He never broke eye contact with me as he spoke, "Start interrogating him now." "But Alpha..." Aiden went silent. I looked at Like again, his eyes were a little glazed over. Hr was mind linking him.

"Okay, sorry to disturb you alpha, we'll get started emediately." I listened to Aiden's footsteps disappear. Luke sighed again and I looked down at the floor. "You didn't have to do that." I whispered. "He could have important information we need to know." He  brushed my head, "No no no princess, you're in need, I can't leave you like this." I closed my eyes, "I don't wanna keep you from doing something as important as this. I'm only weighing you down." He tilted my head up with his hand gently. He gazed into my eyes, they were full of worry. "Daniella, I love you so much. You aren't a burden to me at all. You've done so much for my pack, our pack, they look up to you." His forehead connected with mine, "I'm glad it was you. I'm happy you're my mate, I wouldn't have it any other way." I could feel Hus breath fanning my face as he came closer.

Before I could say anything else, Hus lips crashed into mine. Sparks seemed to arupt all around us. His hand cupped the back of my neck as we kissed. It felt so right being so close to him, kissing him like this. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he slid a hand under the hem if my shirt. Hus hand met the bare skin of my stomach and my breath hitched. He laid me down on the couch, never breaking our kiss. I never wanted it to end but good things have to come to an end, or in my case, good things have to be ruined by something bad eventually.

I heard the door open and a gasp. Luke sat up and growled angrily at the intruder. "What the hell do you want?" He snarled. I leaed over to see who it was. Some girl with bleach blonde hair and green eyes stood there, her arms crossed. "Luke", she began, "don't you remember? You invited me here."

I felt Vidalea rise up, Invited her here? Who the hell is she to our mate?
I kept listening.

"Tristen I didn't invite you here, now leave before things get ugly."

She glanced at me and clapped her hands. "Oh, this must be our Luna, hello Luna, its very nice to meet you! Now do tell me, how much do you know about our dearest alpha?" Luke growled, "Stop Tristen." I looked at her confused, "A lot I guess." She giggled, "Do you know everything about him? Do you know who I am?" I shook my head. Tristen gasped, looking hurt.

"Luke, you didn't tell her about me? How upsetting. I guess I could tell her since you haven't." Luke's hands fisted up, "Get out Tristen!" I looked at him, "Luke, what is she talking about?" He looked back at me, his eyed filled with guilt. I sat up and adjusted myself to where I was sitting cross legged on the couch. "What is she talking about Luke." Tristen laughed.

She walked over to me and put a hand on my shoulder. Luke growled at her contact with me. "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE TRISTEN!" He screeched. I flinched at the sudden burst of noise, Tristen too. We both looked at him, me in fright and her in victory. She stood from her position next to me. "Alright alpha, I'll be on my way then." She walked to the door and stopped. She turned to look at me. "I just wanna say in advance Luna, I'm sorry. I hope you can forgive me."

With that, she left.

I faced Luke, he was facing me as well. His eyes seemed to be full frustration and guilt. "Luke," I began. I stared back a me silently.

"...what was she talking about?"

🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺 Ooooooooooo, drama town! Hope you guys liked this chapter! I don't have much to say sooooo...

Shifter out!