Chapter 19

Time Is Running Out ⏳

Danni's POV

A couple days later*

We sit on the borders of the territory in the dark. This was the calculated night that HE would show up. The night HE would attack my new found pack and family and drag me away from it. I wouldn't let him take what I have, not this time, not ever again.

The wind rustled the leaves on the trees slightly. Nothing moved around us other than that. It was dead silent. It was too silent. Somewhere in the area, we heard the soft crinkling of dead leaves on the forest floor. We waited.

I stared into the dark void where the noise was coming from. A couple of bright yellow eyes appeared with a set of white teeth. I waited. The wolf growled at us and got into a fighting stance. I gave the signal and everyone flew past me to defend our home.

The fighting had begun.

I turned to see the one person I dreaded on seeing again. I mindlinked Allysa, He's here.
He laughed, "Daniella Holten of the...oh what's this pathetic packs name again? The Full Moon Pack?"

I snarled at him, "Don't you dare talk shit about MY pack Johnathan! You have no right to be here on my territory." He chuckled, "Ahhhh, so you DID find your mate, congratulations. Have you mated yet?"

I growled in frustration, he simply laughed again, "I take that as a no, so I do still have a chance then."
"You are not touching me you bastard! You took everything from me, my home, parents, my pack, my alpha and youade the pack name a disgrace!"

He rose an eyebrow, "The OLD pack name you mean? I changed it, I am now Alpha Johnathan Morgan of the Eclipse Pack." I shook my head, "What a shame, my pack wasn't perfect but if you hadn't ambushed us, we could've fought off the likes of you easily."

He snapped, "Don't talk to me like that Horse! You might get punished later for that."

Uncomfortable chills ran down my spine at those words. "Enough talk Johnathan." He laughed and I smirked. Just then, a fox flew over my head and landed square on his chest, knocking him over into the dirt.

Luke's POV

I paced with Zane glued to my hip, pacing as well. Its been a couple of days by what I gathered from the doctor talking to the nurses in my room, why aren't I awake yet?
Zane bounced around impatiently, I want to see mate again Luke! Get us the fuck out of here! I growled and he growled back. Sighing, I continued my pacing.

I waited.
.
.
.
.
And waited.
.
.
.
.
And waited.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Until finally, there was a light and one word. That one word sent me off into the world again where I was amongst the chaos of a pack vs. pack war. The word was, Fight.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
(Lol irritated yet? Okay back to the story. 😂)

I woke with a Starr in the hospital room. IVs and drips were everywhere. I began to pull them out and found a set of my clothes waiting for me for when I woke. I slid everything on and ran outside. I looked around in awe, the whole pack was under attack but everyone looks like they had been waiting for it to happen. They've all grown greatly in agility and skill. Did Danni do that?

Danni.

I ran forward the forestthrowing punches left and right at incoming enemy wolves. I jumped over a log and shifted in mid air. I caught a scent of her and continued to run. I ran into an opening, where a fox, horse and a wolf were facing off. The wolf was a large, dark white wolf with blood red eyes. He snarled and they snarled back. Allysa, which I assume was her in her fox form, was the first to run at him. She jumped onto his back and bit down on his scruff. He howled and bucked around until he threw her off, sending her into a nearby tree.

Danni ran her hoof across the ground, daring him to come closer. That being exactly what he did. She ran at him and he jumped at her. She flung her head into his body, throwing him to the side. He got up and ran at her again, successful in getting on her back this time. She bucked as he bit into the base of her neck. She let out a pained and frustrated sound.

I couldn't take it anymore, I ran into the opening, my target, that wolf's neck. I went into a full on sprint and jumped onto Danni's back, pulling the wolf off of her by the tail. He yelped and I flung him across the field. I jumped off Danni's back before she decided I was an enemy and ran at the wolf, snarling. He got up and stood in shock, rookie move, I ran underneath him and pushed him up into the air and off the ground. He landed with a yelp but soon recovered.

He growled at me and ran at me. Side stepped and grabbed him by the scruff as he ran by. I flung him to danni who swung her head and hit him back into the forest. We ran to where he landed and stood above him. He whimpered at us beggingly. What a coward. I growled at him and he rolled over in submission. I stepped back, he gave a howl and ran in the opposite direction. We watched as all the enemy wolves darted off our  territory and into the night. I heard the faint sound of cracking bones and a warning. "You haven't seen the last of me! You haven't won yet, she...they, Allysa and Daniella, will return with me if its the last thing I do!"

Silence.

Danni sat in silence as well. I saw her twitch and run back to the opening. I cocked my head to the side and then I remembered...

Allysa.

🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺
Hey-ho, High-ho! Here's a new chapter for you! I'm still on the search for a new book cover for my book do if you want to make one and send it to me that would be great! I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Shifter out!