Chapter 14

Listen to this song while you read! Its such a good song! Now, onto the book!!

Meeting Demands 💗

Danny's P.O.V.

I couldn't believe he lived.

His heart stopped. It had stopped, the heart moniter had gone blank.

And now he was alive and telling me its gonna be alright?
How did this happen? Its not that I don't love him, I do but I'm just so dumbfounded.
I continued to cry into his shoulder as he whispered sweet nothings into my ear.

After what seemed like an eternity, I finally sat up and stared at him.
He smiled at me.
"H-How did you live?" I asked reluctantly.

His smiled dropped, "What?"

"How did you live? Your heart stopped, you were dead! I thought you died, that you were gone and I was alone!"

The room was silent. I let the tears fall quietly onto the floor.
I glanced at him through my eyelashes. His face held a worried look as he glaced around the room.

He was hiding something from me.

"What are you hiding Luke?"

His gaze snapped back to mine. I watched as he hung his head.

"I can't tell you." Was his answer.

My sadness turned into frustration.

"Why not? I'm your mate, I should get to know these things that concerned your life."

He shook his head, "You don't understand Danny, it could put us both in danger if I told you. It could kill us both."

I growled in frustration. "I don't care, it concerned how you lived, I want and need to know in case it happens again!"

I began to cry again.
Damn you emotions, why do you always gotta be betraying me like this?

He pulled me into a tight, comforting hug, "It won't happen again now that you're here. I promise I won't let it happen again."

I continued to silently cry on his shoulder.
"I'm sorry." I whispered.

He pulled back but his hands continued to rest on my shoulders.

"What?"

"I'm sorry. For leaving. But I didn't feel safe there, I needed to get away but I didn't expect this to be the outcome of my actions. I'm so sorry."

He shook his head, "You have nothing to be sorry for, I shouldn't have scared you or make you feel unsafe like you did when you left. It's my fault and I am sorry."

I sniffed and brushed a stray hair out of my face.

Allysa's P.O.V.

She never leaves that room. Ever.

Not for any reason, not even for me.
She refuses to leave him alone. I suppose I should've expected it though. He's her mate after all, she needs him  more than she realizes.

I shut the door to his room and walked away. I was gonna talk to her but she was fast asleep in her chair as well as Kelsey.

I looked up to see the doctor headed that way. I gave him a kind smile, " Hello Doc, I was gonna ask Danny but since she's asleep...how is he doing?"

He smiled widely, "He's making good progress, if my calculations are correct he should be awake by tomorrow."

My smile grew, "That's awesome! Danny will be s-"

I was cut off by a screech coming from Danny and Luke's room. The doctor waisted no time and emediately sprinted for their room, me following close behind.

I walked in and was shocked at what I heard. The heart monitor that had been steadily beeping a few minutes ago had gone into a long, ear pricing ringing.

I looked over to see Danny in tears and Kelsey whimpering, trying her best to cheer up her friend.

I quickly made my way over to where Danny sat and healed next to her, embracing her in a comforting hug.

A few minutes later, she straightened up some and asked the doctor a question, "What's wrong with him Doc? He was fine just a minute ago."

He looked at us, sadness and guilt filled his eyes.
"I'm sad to say Danny but...but he's...he's dying Daniella I'm so sorry."

She slammed her fists on the bed and screeched. I quickly released her, fearful of hurting her.
She buried her head into her folded arms and continued to sob. Other than her cries, the room had gone completely silent.

I watched Danny in sadness. My heart literally wrenched from her sobs and cries.
I felt a slight tug on my jacket sleeve and looked over. The Doctor motioned forwards the door and began walking.

I suppose she does need some time to herself. To let what's gonna happen sink in. I just wish it didn't have to be this way.

I could stop hear her cries from the other side of the hall. She doesn't deserve this, she's too sweet and loving and even thought she doesn't realize it yet, she needs her mate.

I thought about the look on her face when I walked into the room. She already knew what was happening and the doctor confirmed it.
Her grief stricken face, red and puffy from her tears.

The fact that it has been three days since she had ate a proper meal doesn't make it any better. She barely touches the food they bring her. She only eats enough to satisfy her empty stomach.

I don't quite know what to do at this point other than be emotional support for her.

That question.

That's the first time she had talked to anyone other than Kelsey since Luke was moved to the hospital.
Scarlet, my fox, gave a defeated whimpere. She didn't know what to do either, not even Vidalea was answering us and she normally talks all the time.

I light tap on my shoulder pulled me out of my thoughts. I turned around to meet Gavin's handsome face. He offered me a smile. I returned a sad smile and his face fell into a frown.

"What is it Allysa? You can tell me."

I but my bottom lip, "Its Luke, the doctor informed both Danny and I that he's...he's dying. My best friends mate is dying right before us."

Tears welled up in my eyes for Danny and they soon began to fall like little rain drops.

I sniffled and he wiped my tears off my cheek.
I composed myself as much as possible. "What did you do with Jace?"

Now it was his turn to bite his lip.
"We'll discuss that later, right now we need to keep our focus on Danny, Luke and Kelsey and make sure they stay safe."

I slowly nodded.
"We will discuss Him...later." I repeated and hugged him tight, looking for comfort.

I shed a single, silent tear for Danny and Luke's relationship and watched it roll of my face and onto the white tiled floor of the hospital.

We'll figure something out, I'm sure of it.

🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺
Hey! I had a little writers block so that's the longer wait for this chapter reason. Also, I intend to start taking a little more time on my chapters so they might not come out the same pattern they used to come out on. I feel the need to take my time with these so they will turn out more detailed and the story line makes sense.
Thanks for understanding!!!

Shifter out!