A Chance At Love - Prem Preeti

By samaira001

I have read a few fan fictions on this one time pair, but there isn't much if you want to see more of them. S... More

Authors Note...
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Teaser!!!
Chapter 13
New Cover
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Qubool Hai...
Aashiqui ke Din..!!
It Was Always Love...!!
Tu Jahan... Main Wahan...!!
Happy Valentines Love..!
His to Hers
Khwaish Thi.. Poori Huwi..
Teaser 2
Pyaar... Intezaar... Pyaar..!
Heading Home.
Kuch Sawaal.....!
Jawab Kuch Aise
Yeh Mushkil..!
Dosti Aur Pyaar..
Chand, Taare aur Hum
She Was Yours!
Kuch Yaadein..
Chand Taaron Ki Baraat
Yeh Dooriyan.. Filhaal Hain..
A Month of Togethernes
Tamatar and Tamatar
Purani Yaadein vs Some New
Baat Hai Kuch Dil Mein..
Ghar Woh Jahan Tu Hai Saath
Dil Behak Gaya...
Holi.. Before and After
Freebird Friday and Rains
Nazdeekiyan.. Kuch Purani...
Tum Hi Ho....
Yeh Pyaar Hi Tho Hai
Kaam Aur Pehchaan
Work Life
Galati Huwi...!!!
Suno Na...

Chapter 6

5.1K 176 16
By samaira001

Preeti saw her last patient for the afternoon rmbrin n still blushing at the thought of Prem.

She knew she d miss him terribly. This was the second time he was going away after their confessions of being in love.

He did msg her then bt the time difference made it difficult to have conversations. But this time there would be no barriers especially after the pressure their relationship went through.

Preeti thought back on her Rampur days. She would often hear Vivek bhaiyya asking about Prem from Anwar bhaijaan n would hear that he was still unsettled, avoiding meals occasionally n had distanced himself from everyone.

A couple of weeks hearing this n she decided he needed a friend who helped him out of this or he d loose himself. N taking a day off to mumbai she had msgd him.

Hi..... free ho?

Hi.... haan kaho...

Kaise ho...

Theek... tum kaisi ho....

Mil kar baat karein... lunch in half n hr?

She knew he would be surprised at her asking him out bt she needed to see him. His hesitancy in the delay to accept under the circumstances was also apparent.

Ok....

Jerry's Food Hut.. half n hour..:-)

She remebered him arriving in his office suit looking as handsome bt grim mood n his smiling eyes dull.

He had greeted her with a worried smile. He looked disturbed, maybe tensed.

"Hi..."

"Kya baat hai, aise achanak bulaya. Sab theek hai na. Tum... Sadhna bhabhi...."

Preeti nodded, "sab theek hai. Bas ek dost ko lunch par bulaya hai."

Prem stared at her n his gaze faltered. "Aise halaath mein. Agar kisine aise dekha tho, pata chala tho.. matlab...."

"Hamare beech jo huwa usse pehle hum dost the, aur rahenge. Hai na?"

"Preeti... baat yeh nahi hai."

"Hum dost hain na....?"

Prem looked down and closed his eyes.

"Sahi tho hai...."

They jumped at the voice of their fathers dining in the next booth.
They rose from their seats shocked.

"Papa, Pritam Uncle... woh...." Prem tried to explain.

"Papa woh main... woh hum" Preeti said at the same time.

"Darre huwe kyun ho. Hume tumhare milne se aitraz nahi hai. Achcha hai tum yahan aayi. Prem, pareshan sab hain par aise tho tum khud bemaar ho jaoge beta" Papa hugged him.

"Haan bete... Aur bohat bohat shukriya har mauka sambhalne ke liye. Aise halaath kabhi aayenge yeh...." Ram Kishen uncle teared.

"Nahi uncle.. sab theek ho jaayega.. bas thoda waqt di jiye.."

"Hamesha Khush Raho beta"

"Yeh bachche sambhal lenge, Samajdaar hain. Hum chalte hain beta, tum dono baitho.." papa said taking uncle along leaving us in silence.

"I am sorry maine aise hi.. bas... Tumhe aise aur nahi dekh sakti," she had said and he shook his head. "Main theek hoon... " he whispered as he looked down.

"Bohat baatien ho gayyi. Kuch order karein." She asked trying to bring in a smile.

"Haan..." he told her with a small but genuine smile that had come after a long time.

"Ek minute, main order karoon tumhare liye." She asked and he looked down.

"Hmm" he smiled.

Time ticked as the food arrived and Prem stared at all his favourites. She had done it when he had to attend to a call.
"Yeh... aur itna saara?" He looked up and she had smiled as she served him.

She tried making small talk n made Prem join her. Preeti felt him relaxing after sometime.

"Dessert?" She asked him as lunch wrapped up.

"Kya logi" Prem smiled at her as her heart skipped a beat. His effect was never going to wear off. She had smiled and asked him to order this time.

"Thank u, yahan aane ke liye.... n I am sorry..." Prem sighed as he ordered dessert.

Preeti looked up at him in question and he held her hand that was on the table.

"I am sorry, inn sab mein tum beech mein aayi. M sorry main.......... tum itna kuch kar rahi ho."

"Ssshhhh..." she silenced him as she put her hand on his that held her other hand. "Waqt hamesha achcha ho zaroori nahi hai. Itna stress loge tho apni zimmedariyan kaise uthaoge. Tum par sab ki ummeeden hai Prem, aur pata hai bhaiyya kitne pareshaan hai tumhare liye. Tumse door sahi par har ek baat jaante hain woh. Khaana peena choda huwa hai, na baat karte ho kisi se. Aise theek karna hai sab?" Preeti asked him.

Prem wiped a tear from her eye. "I m sorry Preeti, i know tum bin kahe samjhaa rahi thi par mujhse nahi ho raha. Bohat akela ho gaya tha."

"Ek phone call ek msg ki doori thi Prem"

"Kaise karta........" he whispered looking down.

"Jaise pehle karte the. Hamare rishta itna tho kamzor nahi, hai na."

Prem smiled "waapis jaa rahi ho?"

"Haan, par hamari dosti iss baar hamesha ke liye saath leke"

"Waise, pehle itna to nahi bolti thi tum. Achanak yeh badlav" Prem sighed with a hint of tease.

"Tumne jo bolna kam kia hai..." she sighed dramatially, making him smile.

That day brought a change in their lives. They stayed in touch messaging n occassional calls, well she did both more and he replied but lives improved. They met up for lunch a couple of times when Preeti came to mumbai n Prem became close to his own self again.

****

Preeti sighed remembering those days. Now the cheeky Prem was back n all he did was make her go red with his smirk.

Preeti s phone buzzed as evening approached. She knew he was on full day with the contract event but her phone hadnt been silent. Every hour or so a msg would arrive from her now official boyfriend about something or other.

Preeti was done with dinner n going through a case file while lost remembering last night. She wished they had met today.. He was getting naughty but his innocent face and unconditional love got him away with a lot of mischief.

It was past 10pm when her phone rang. She knew he d call, after all his messages!

"Hello"

"So tho nahi rahi thi"

"Nahi, kaho.... kaisa raha din.."

"Sahi raha overall.. thoda boring tha..." he sighed

"ghar aa gaye"

Nahi... raaste mein hoon... Mujhe ghar nahi jaana"

"Achcha"

"Tumse milne aaoon"

"Poora din thak gayye ho. Araam karo Mr Aashiq"

"Thakaan hi tho door kar raha hoon...."

Preeti blushed at his words. "Tum na.... "

"Kya....???

"Mujhe neend aa rahi hai..."

"Preeti..."

"Mera din khatam. Papa neeche hall mein hi hain tumhe welcome karne ke liye. Good night"

"Preeeet...." he called out bt she had disconnctd. He could imagine her trying to sound stern bt failing as she disconnected. He was sure she would be blushing and he longed to see her. Tease her a bit. He loved the blush she had at the sight of him. It made her all the more special.

Preeti changed and got into bed shaking her head. He was crazy n she could hear the amusement in his voice as he teased her. A smile crept up her face as she got into bed n hugged her pillow.

"Pagal ho tum," she whispered..

"Tumhare pyaar mein...."

Preeti turned around n was at a loss of words.

Prem in his white office shirt and sleeves rolled up stood leaning at the balcony door n Preeti jumped from bed.

"Tum... tum sach mein aagaye... papa dekh lete tho....." she stammered trying to form something sensible. He actually climbed into her room.

"Ssshhhh... itna shor karogi tho papa yahin aa jayenge..."

"Tum yahan kaise.. kyun..."

"Aaj kal roz milte hain... tho socha yeh maintain karein.."

Preeti sighed at his craziness.

He held her hand n pulled her close.

"Tumse milna tha..."

He had not expected her to be in her nightwear, something that had not crossed his mind but it brought a different feeling. A private moment... a feeling that was beyond he could say as she realised how close they were.

Moving her hair from her face he noticed she shivered at his touch. Her white satin sleeveless maxi with closed eyes, blushing cheeks n lowered face made her look so pure so fragile and perfect in his arms.

Smiling he put his hands around her waist as he looked at her.

"Reham karo mujh par Dr... yeh mahine kaise katenge.."

"Maine bulaya?"

Pushing him slightly Preeti got away from his smirking gaze wen he pulled her back into his arms hugging her frm behind.

"Inn kuch dino aisi adat ho gayi hai tumhari ke khud ko rok nahi saka."

He turned her to face him again and kissed her on her forehead.

"Bas tumse milne aaya tha. Main chalta hoon"

Preeti grabbed his hand as he turned to leave n he smiled.

"Jaane do, ruk gaya tho....." he looked down smiling and Preeti dropped his hand at his words.

He looked up to see her blushing deep as she looked down. He pulled her close again, this time loosing himself in the moment as he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear as his other hand went around her waist. His fingers traced the back of her ear coming down to her neck as she closed her eyes. His fingers came down on her shoulders and tracing down her arm right to her hand as he came in closer and placed a kiss on the nape of her neck. Playing with her fingers he felt her clutching his shirt with her hand that was tucked in between his chest.

He looked up and rested his head on hers. "Mujhe jaana chaiyye..." he breathed out. Placing a kiss on her forehead he pulled himself away as Preeti opened her eyes.

Covering her face with her hands Preeti too numb to move found the bed and hugged her pillow wishing it were him instead. The feeling of his warm breath on her neck raised hairs as she felt groaning out loud as she missed his arms around her.

That night brought out new sensations in both f them. The feeling of coming closer, of being loved in a sense of belonging. The comfort of arms love provides, along with the fluttering if the stomach and the flips it does.

Prem smiled to himself as he rmbrd her blushing cheeks as he msgd her in bed that night.

Yeh haqeeqat hai jo har sapne se ziada khoobsurat hai.... Tumhare saath ka har pal aur bechain karta hai, ke kab doori kam hogi... tumhare intezaar mein bekaraar...

Tumhara Prem :)

********
"Bohat khoobsurat lag rahi ho...."

Preeti turned at his voice n found him leaning against her door.

"Aaj kal roz hi keh raha hoon par kya karein..."

Dressed in a grey suit, with a white shirt and dark blue tie, that co incidently matched her long maxi, he stood smiling at her while she remained at a loss of words seeing him standing at the door of her room.

"Tum..... tum kab aaye, pata nahi chala."

She had been lost in thoughts as she dressed, till he had spoken, hesitated to ask him how long had he been observing her.

"Bas jab tumne yeh aise sir par daala.." he whispered as he came to her, covering her head with her dupatta like she had done a few seconds back.

Preeti lowered her gaze as she turned blushing. Raising her face with his fingers he looked into her eyes, "aise hi ek din apni dulhan bana kar le jaunga"

Preeti blushed even more at his statement as she tried to escape but he held her hand n closed the distance again.

"Doctor, uss din thak intezaar karne ki koi dawah tho de do..."

Preeti tried to move away but he turned her to face the mirror. "Suit mein dulha chalega? mujhe tum aise hi Qubool ho.."

"Kya...?"

"Mujhse shaadi karlo Dr.. Dawah tho tum hi ho..."

Preeti hit him playfully on his arm, "bohat badmaash ho gaye ho tum," as she tried to escape.

"Achcha socho, tum aise hi mera intezaar kar rahi ho..." he whispered adjusting the dupatta on her head again, "meri dulhan bann kar. Aur main aise hi tumahare peeche aata hoon. Dekho na..." he motioned for her to see as she lowered her eyes.

"Baal aise hi khule... itni saadgi.... aur itni hi khoobsurat..." he whispered as he moved her hair to one side. "Tumne kuch socha hai?" He asked placing his arms around her.

Preeti turned her face as she turned crimson n he smiled, "tum tayyar ho tho chalien... yeh discussion kahin aur continue karte hain.. thab tak tum sochlo..." he added winking.

The car ride was silent as Prem drove to the hotel for the PressMeet. He would occasionally watch her as he drove holding her hand, something he had begun to love doing.

Prem parked at the rear entrance and guided her to the hotel poolside on the rooftop.

"Hum yahan kyun?" Preeti asked in surprise.

"Bas aise hi, main subha aaya tha kuch papers dene tho meeting yahan huwi thi. Bas dil kiya ke tumahare saath aaon yah. Par abhi..... isse better topic hai for discussion. Bolo na tumne kya socha?" He asked as they stood overlooking the hotel garden

Preeti blushed looking away. "Tumhe conference ka sochna chaiyye."

"Itni khoobsurat jagah hai. Hum saath hai aur tum....." he nudged pulling her close when Preeti's phone broke the moment.

Preeti smiled as he sighed, "hospital se hai, ek min. Haan Siya."

Prem could make out there was an emergency n watched her as she spoke. "Ohhh... main aati hoon.... are u sure... ok... koi problem ho agar....theek hai, i owe u this. Achcha theek hai... okayyy... chal bye...."

He smiled as she looked at him. "Woh ek emergency thi, meri ek patient admit ho gayi hai, actually......"

"Jaana padega?"

"Abhi nahi, meri collegue hai Dr Siya... woh attend kar rahi hai.. par delivery time thak jaana hoga."

"Ek baar meeting shuru ho gayi tho nikal nahi paunga..."

"Agar koi emergency nahi huwi tho 6 hours hain.... function ke baad hospital chod dena."

"Ok madam, ek min... main vinod ko msg kar deta hoon... agar main nahi nikal saka tho woh tumhe drop kardega. Aur main aapko pick karne pohanch jaunga..."

Preeti nodded as she watched him type away. "Chalein," he said looking up as Preeti looked away.

"Chupkar nahi, haq se dekho na Preeti."

Preeti blushed and walked ahead as he put his phone away.

"Kya huwa," he whispered as she stood watching a beach wedding.

"Kitna khoobsurat hai na..."

"Agar tumhe church wedding karni tho I have no problem..."

"Kya???"

"Idea bura nahi hai, aur Father neeche hai... chalo..."

"Dhaat..." she blushed, walking ahead as he followed her to the Press Meet.

The formal meet was to last for two hours n all Prem could do was watch Preeti as she chatted with the girls.

They caught him staring a few times, raising eyes in question and nudging Preeti as she blushed.

Their constant glances at him made his stomach squirm. Simi n Priya spelt mischief. They were surely talking about him n Preeti was all ears. He groaned inwards looking at the time.

Simi signalled to the two, "Prem ki nazrein yahin hai. He looks whipped n finally we can see why," she teased Preeti as they laughed.

"He's one hot catch. Prem will be an amaaazing loverrrr. Fully dedicated n oohhh soo romaaannteeeccc.," Priya immitated. "Yaad hai Prem ke peeche kitni padi thi."

Simi grinned as she told Preeti, "Prem tho apna dil kho kar aaya tha. Kisi aur ka chance hi nahi. Bas usse darr tha ke kahin woh khud reject na ho jaaye."

Preeti blushed at her words as Priya said "itna skilled bhi nahi hai woh. Itne saal sirf yeh sochte nikale ke 'Preeti khush tho hai na'. Poochh hi leta, Tumhari deewangi ki hadd bhi dikhti hi hai."

They laughed and talked the evening out urging Priya to confess to Rohan as she clearly was in love, making plans to tease Prem who was otherwise outspoken other that when it came to Preeti.

Prem heaved a sigh of relief as the meeting winded up. He walked to the waiting group of ladies, grabbing a drink from a passing waiter. "Kya ho raha hai,?" He said, sipping on his drink, his eyes on Preeti as his other hand came around her waist.

"Aaj sabse pehle aap yahan," Simi laughed out winking at Priya. "Poori conference bas Preeti ko nihara hai."

Everyone burst out laughing as Prem smirked.

"I am commited n very much in love with my lady, aap apne to be husband ko niharo na," Prem shot back at Simi as he put his arm around Preeti.

"See Preeti, yeh saalon se iske tag line rahi hai, 'i am in love n commited'...."

Prem looked at Preeti n then the two girls, "kya chal raha hai?"

"Girl talk Prem... Sheeesshhh...," Simi said dismissing him.

"Girl talk nahi Prem talk lag raha hai," he smirked more as he joined the boys for some pictures.

The families arrived in a while and introductions were made. The ladies sat down for talking while the men got into work talk.

Dinner was just served when Preeti got a call from hospital. Looking around she saw Prem had just settled.

It wasn't fair on him but there was an emergency she had to be there for.

Walking upto his table as the ladies got up to serve she signalled for a private word with him.

Prem walked up to her, "haan jaan?"

"I am sorry, mujhe hospital jaana hoga. Abhi call aaya tha".

"Chalo phir."

"Tumhe yahan hona chaiyye,"

"Ssshhhh... doctor, meeting khatam huwi. Let's go."

"Aur dinner?"

"Date adhoori nahi hogi.. dinner bhi karenge, he added playfully.

"Prem...." Preeti sighed.

"Chalo... main papa aur uncle ko bata deta hoon."

"Tu yahan reh main le jaata hoon," Pritam Uncle got up.

"Nahi uncle main jaata hoon. Aapka yahan hona zaroori hai as the chairman of my Second Nomination."

"Tumhe change karne ghar jaana hai?" Prem asked as they drove out.

"Nahi, normally change of clothes hospital mein rakhte hain for emergencies."

"Ohhk... tumhe kitni der lagegi."

"Agar sab normal gaya tho 2 se 21/2hours. Case thoda complicated hai. Bas hope hai araam se ho jaaye."

"Sab theek hoga..." he kissed her hand that he was holding. "Phir hamari date bhi poori karni hai, tumhe dinner karana hai."

"Hum woh phir kabhi kar lenge, thake huwe ho tum... late night shift par hospital se ghar drop karte hain..." Preeti said as he pulled in for parking.

"Main theek hoon.. tum apni surgery karo, thab thak mera kuch kaam ho jaayega, aur phir 'The Doctor Preeti' ko bhi dekhen on duty," he said grabbing his ipad as he teased her.

"Nahi maanoge?" she sighed.

"Bilkul nahi, cafeteria khula hoga?" he asked as they got down.

"Kuch chaiiye..?"

"Nahi... bas...."

"Cafe ki chair se better jagah hai time pass ke liye, chalo," Preeti smiled.

"Hi... Dr Preeti for gynac ward," she greeted the receptionist and was directed to the maternity ward.

"Nurse se mera cabin open karana pls,"

"Cabin open hai Dr. main nurse ko bhejti hoon"

Preeti had to check the reports of her patient who was reported to have high pressure which could result in an emergency.

"Tum yahan ruk sakte ho .." Preeti smiled at Prem as she led him to her consultation room.

Prem looked around the room. It was quite formal but for a photo frame on her table. It had the picture of their first date last week. The one they clicked soon after he proposed to her. He picked it up running a thumb against her face as he remembered that night.

For the first time he realised that she was some one who had another world. She was the confident doctor who is loved by patients and colleagues alike. She was funloving and a great friend. Well.... he knew she was an amazing friend for years now.

It was just amazing to watch her live her dream as she went to change and checked reports a nurse had brought in. Was this really his shy and blushing Preeti of a few hours back who was now in command.

Preeti blushed as she caught him staring, "aise kya dekh rahe ho?"

"Bas aise hi," he smiled.

Yes... this was her... The love of his life... n she was living her dream of becoming a doctor.

Little he knew, that along that was another more precious dream Preeti was ecstatic she was living through. Having him by her side officially, his love, his presence meant alot more than she could have explained as he chose to stay with her tonight.

-----------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.2K 2.9K 29
This story is going to start from PreRish first meeting but in my own style, with my own version of Rishab and Prerna. What if Rishab already tells P...
266K 14.2K 59
Dua Shah the innocent girl with a devastated life. Never loved by anyone from her family. She lost her mother in early age. She lives with her father...
10.9K 596 44
People Say Life is a Circle and it sure is. But never take your life for Granted. Life teaches you a Life Long Lesson and it is you how you convert y...
103K 4.4K 29
"Maan take it " Said 5 years old akshita, forwarding her hand which have a candy on it "I don't want it ita" 7 years old abhi said in his as usual...