Chapter 25

The drive was smooth. The initial ice broke as he held her hand tight and offered her some water.

"Kuch kaho bhi Preeti... warna main nervous ho jaunga ab..." and she shook her head as he smiled.

"Theek ho.." he asked her softly and she nodded. "Hmmm.."

"Kuch chaiyye ho raaste mein... kuch khana hai ya.."

"Nahi... kuch nahi..."

The silence prolonged and he looked at her lost in thought as he spoke again.

"Kuch kahoon tumse..."

"Hmmm..."

He held her hand tight. "Bohat baar socha tha.. ke kaisa hoga woh din jab tumhe apne saath le jaonga.. woh lamha kaisa hoga.. par hum dono nervous honge yeh nahi socha tha.."

She smiled and he looked at her sideways. "Sab waisa ho kar bhi waise nahi hai... kuch alag hai.. tum mein bhi aur mujh mein bhi.. ek alag hi lamha hai... Par ehsaas bohat khoobsurat hai.."

She blushed and he sighed, "kaise laaaon tumhe paas.. ke bas pyaar ho... nervousness nahi.." he sighed as she looked up suddenly and he shook his head.

"Mera matlab hai ke... yeh khaamoshi.. kaise jaan loon ke tum sach mein theek ho ya phir..." and she tightened her grip on his hand as she looked at him as he held it tighter as he met her gaze on him.

"Sab theek hai..." she whispered and he looked on as he could barely contain his smile.

She turned his face onto the road as she neared closer placing her hand on his racing heart. "sab theek hai par naya hai.. Dhadkan dheere dheere sambhal jaayegi.. dono ki.. waqt di jiye..." she whispered and he put his arm around her as she leaned on him. "Koi paas laana.. dil ki bechaini door karna aapse seekhe.." she murmured and he smiled as he kissed her head as the car raced home. Their home.

They reached Lonavala and Prem smiled as he turned into the gates of home. He looked surprised and so was Preeti to see the entire house lighted up in their welcome.

He helped her out and saw all his friends who had driven back, and Akshay's Parents along with Rohan's who were inside to welcome the new couple.

"Aap sab..." Prem smiled and Akshay's mom came forward. "Beta bahu laya hai... Swagat tho karenge na..." He smiled as they did the Ghreha Pravesh and welcomed them inside.

Blessing them the ladies turned to Preeti, as she looked down. "Beta, akele nahi ho aap. Jab chahe ghar aa jaana hai.. Prem beta hai.. par aap bhi ab beti ho..." Akshay's Mother said as Rohan's Mother smiled saying, "hume tho zor shor se swagat karna tha par aap dono subha se rasmon mein ho. Thak gaye hoge.." She kissed her forehead as they hugged her. "Simi... Priya... Preeti ko upar le jao..." Rohan's mother called out and the boys came around.

"Arre Aunty.. bilkul nahi..." Rahul spoke out and Akshay agreed. "Jiski dulhan hai... woh khud utha kar le jaayega... aapko yaad hai... aapse hi tho vaada kiya tha... jab hum apni dulhan layenge... tho khud le jaayen.." Rahul smiled and they all laughed as the nudged Prem.

Prem smiled as he moved forward and they all cheered as he lifted Preeti off her feet.

Preeti tried to hold him but amidst cheers she could only look down as he climbed up holding her in his arms.

"Neeche aaana Prem, bhabhi ko chod kar, darwaza band karne..." he heard Rohan yell from behind and he shook his head.

"Pakad lo..." she heard him whisper and she could only smile as he looked at her raising his eyes and she looked down as she held his shoulders.

He opened the room door and her heart raced as he stepped in with her and the door closing behind.

He put her down, "main aata hoon..." he said smiling as he turned to leave closing the door behind him.