Chapter 9

Prem smiled to himself. Was he really dating Preeti, meeting on the sly and that too the park cliché. The dating part finally had set in, something he never thought he d get a chance at.

Preeti walked in, seeing him leaning on the railing at the lake. Dressed in casuals with a black shirt with blue faded denims, her heartbeat escalated as to how good he looked. Her thoughts went to his arms around her as she snuggled in, as she breathed in the essence of him. Chiding herself she groaned. She needed a grip on her thoughts.

He smiled as he spotted her. If he could just read her thoughts he d be engulfing her into his arms and knowing she wouldn't let go. Not that he desired anything lesser.

It had been tough to let him go and seeing him back unexpectedly soon brought in this mixed feeling of belonging and hesitancy as she came up and he smiled warming her heart.

"Preeti," he breathed out and she looked down smiling.

She looked cute in her simple attire, a light blue straight cut Churidhar Kameez and open hair. A brilliant doctor, who was probably just after a surgery, blushing just at the sight of him. It melted his heart, the innocence and love, her happiness that reflected which she tried to conceal.

He had gotten to know her better in the past few days, her hesitancy and shyness, but still she d do anything for him. Her love for him was immense and the way she was right now, he d drive out to see her everyday.

He pulled out a Rose and Preeti blushed more. Smiling as she accepted the rose, as she touched his cheek "kaise ho?" He was here, just in a few days. It was real.

"Bilkul theek," he smiled and lowered his face on her palm sideways locking her hand between his face and shoulder.

Looking down Preeti tried to move away but he had her palm held tight.

Preeti looked down as he released her hand and he looked at her, "Tumhe hospital se pick kar leta."

Preeti looked at him and smiled. "Hospital duty thi for annual AGM. Koi dekh leta saath nikalte tho problem hoti."

"Kisi aur waqt mil lete..."

"AGM ka subha pata chala... aur phir tum....."

Her eyes down as she spoke, all he was doing was taking in her appearance that he missed. She was crazy, she could have informed him. He would have just waited for her.

Unable to take in the sensation and him in no mood to remove his gaze, she pushed him slightly trying to move ahead.

Surprised at her move he let out a grin as he came behind her.

Holding her by her elbow he turned her to land on his chest as he cupped her face. She looked down as he placed a kiss on her forehead. "Pagal ho tum, keh deti. Main baad mein milta."

"Tumhe waapis jaana bhi tho hai. She showed him the envelope. "Neha hospital dekh rahi hai aur kaha ke yeh main dekh loon. Kuch orders place karne hai."

He put his arm around her. "Aaj ki shaam aapki. Kaho kahan jaana hai, kya karna hai?"

"Chalo," she smiled as she walked ahead.

********

Lying in her lap as he had happened to voice last night, as she leaned against a tree he turned up to look at her watching him. She smiled as she ran her fingers through his hair and he closed his eyes.

"Yeh ehsaas itna khoobsurat hoga yeh nahi pata tha."

They stayed quiet just relishing the moment when Prem said, "kaisi thi surgery?"