Chapter 28

Preeti picked her bag as she sent Prem a message that she was stepping out for some shopping with Simi and Priya.

Priya had called and made plans to shop for an outfit for the office party tonight as they were having breakfast and he as asked her to see if it could be a shade of red which would make her look truly stunning and she had blushed. She shook her head. He was truly obsessed with that colour on her.

He had left for office at 11:30am after a beautiful morning together. Giving her a peck at the door, he had still made a face as he left and she could only smile at his craziness.

Was he missing her like she did, remembering small gestures of his every few seconds, that made her blush and crave his presence.

Well it was just today. Tomorrow they were to leave for their honeymoon. It was his idea of some alone time after all his busy schedule and before the family honeymoon holiday they were supposed to join in next week. Her stomach rolled at the thought of the next few days. The girls arrived breaking her out of her thoughts and she left.

*****

They had shopped for a saree for Simi and Preeti while Priya chose a long dress. They were carefully chosen to be comfortable yet something that would make them look sexy and Preeti had just given in to persistence. Having never been in a situation to shop for something to hook his attention specifically and that too with his friends, she was unable to say much as they sat for lunch making plans to dress together that evening.

Simi held her arm as she caught Preeti lost in thoughts. "Kya huwa Preeti... koi baat hai..."

"Nahi... nahi kuch nahi..."

"Mujhe kuch kehna hai..." Priya said and Preeti smiled as she closed in.

"Tumhe pata hai.. main hamesha bhai ki twin hi thi... aur woh mera bhai cum best friend ever.. Humne har cheez saath ki, even the same Business Management Degree. He had his friends always par mera woh ek hi tha until college, when I met Simi, jo apne working woman ka sapna le kar USA degree ke liye aayi thi. Irony of life dekho, meri pehli dost bhi kuch mahine mein bhabhi bann gayi..

Bhai ke circle ne hamesha mujhe welcome kiya par inn chaar ki jodi inki apni hai... I was lucky to get Simi.. and today we have you... Aaj ek aur dost mili hai.. Haan, hum Prem ki wajah se mile... par we can be friends too..."

Preeti smiled warmly as she held the hand Priya extended and Simi held that too. "You were always welcome to us, par tum mein maine hesitation dekha aaj.. one recognises another I guess." Priya smiled and Preeti looked down.

"Actually, its not because of you. I was a little distracted kyunke kabhi aise shopping maine nahi ki. You know, dress to kill, aise plan karna... and kaise kahoon.." Preeti confessed and they both looked at her open mouthed.

"Tum dono ki tho love marriage hai na..." Simi asked with furrowed eyebrows and Priya looked on.

"Haan... par kabhi inn sab mauka hi nahi mila... i mean..."

"We totally get it..." Priya smiled. "Meaning sab kuch naya sa hai... i mean... we know aap dono mein, i mean, izhaar der se huwa, par.. this is so exciting... you can prepare for a super honeymoon... i mean shopping kar li...?"

Preeti blushed and they looked at her. "Dnt worry... We are friends, and come on we can help out.." Simi smiled warmly as they paid the bill and headed out. "Bas half day hai aur bohat kaam hai..."

*****

They were in a leading ladies only store and they had made Preeti try out lots of stuff they assumed she would need for her trip they were to leave for tomorrow.