Chapter 26

Prem walked out of the bathroom wiping his hair. Dressed in black track pants, bare chested, with the towel around his neck, Preeti couldn't help but admire his physique. He had proved his word.

She remembered him saying, "jab agli baar yeh shirt uthregi, iss kamre mein, ehsaas isse badkar hoga..." and she blushed as she remembered last night. Truly the ehsaas had been beyond she could say. He had been hers and his presence had driven all rational thoughts away from her mind as he came close.

He was perfect, and hers. She could only gaze at him and her day would be perfect. She came out of her thoughts as he walked up to her and she looked away. He smiled, "ab tho sahi se dekho... mirror se checkout karna allowed nahi hai ab," he whispered as he turned her to face him.

Taking the sindoor ki dabbi out of her hands, he filled her maang. "Bohat khoobsurat lag rahi ho..." he smiled as he kept the box aside and pulled her close. "Nazrien milao na Jaan..."

Preeti pushed him slighty as she blushed and he held her tight. "Tumhari har aahat dil dhadkati hai... neechi nazrien bhi... aur jab ek pal ke liye tum nazrien milati ho... toh bas dhahdkan tham jaati hai..."

Putting his arm around her waist, he continued, "mujhe lagta tha ke main tumse bohat pyaar karta hoon... isse ziada karna mushkil hai.. par kal ke din ne sab badal diya.. woh har mohabbat ki hadd toot gayi.. tum nahi jaanti. Meri zindagi mein aa kar... Meri dulhan bann kar.. Meri ho kar... itna pyaar, itna haq jo tumne mujhe diya hai... Tum meri mohabbat se badhkar ho... meri Jaan ho... meri zindagi ho... Shayad kabhi keh nahi sakoonga ke kitna pyaar hai tumse... par har din... dikhane ki koshish karoonga."

Preeti blushed looking down as he kissed her forehead, and he smiled raising her face to meet his gaze.

She blushed deep as he held her hand placing ot on his chest she closed her eyes as her cheeks reddened. The moment broke as his phone rang and he closed his eyes in annoyance as Preeti smiled. "Main naashta dekhti hoon..." she whispered as his grip loosened and she hurried away. His effect on her was on the increase.

*****

Prem walked down after a series of calls to look out for his wife. He hoped she was not making breakfast.

He saw her cooking and frowned at Dina who was smiling. She had finally met the lady who had his heart.

"Dina.. maine aapko mana kiya tha.. Preeti.. yeh..." and Dina slapped his hand as he tried to stop her.

"Naashta main bana rahi hoon... Woh tho Pehli Rasoi ka Meetha bana rahi hai.. Rehne do usse..."

Prem looked back as Preeti and she shook his head. He smiled as he completed his work in the study preparing for today and was softly called by Preeti for breakfast.

Dina served him breakfast with a smirk. "Itna protective husband... ufff... usse khush rehne do... jo achcha lagta hai karne do... pyaar sirf aapne nahi... uss ne bhi kiya hai.. apna pyaar dikhane do usse..." she whispered into his ear and Preeti arrived with a smile.

"Dina... aapka bowl," she handed her a bowl of meetha and Dina smiled. "Thank you, par ab aap breakfast karo... warna agar Sir ke phonecall shuru huwe tho yeh bhaaagne lagenge..."

Dina left the table to check outside and Preeti put a bowl of meetha for Prem. "Gajar ka halwa..." she whispered and he could only stare at the bowl." Having no reaction from him she sat down to nudge him him and saw tears forming.

Raising his eyes to meet hers, she cupped his face wiping them and he shook his head smiling.

"Kya huwa..." she asked him softly and he leaned his cheek on her hand.