Chapter 24

He looked at Preeti and his heart warmed as applause broke after the act. It was well done with some facts, some cringe worthy moments and some fun elements. He had not known that he was observed so critically to create this. And he was sure his friends had played a big part in the script. But it was heart warming.

The first one which described their friendship from those days was very true. A beautiful memory with beautiful song...

Rishta nahi hai
Dono ko phir bhi
Baandhe koi dor hai

Iss dosti ko
Kya naam dein hum
Yeh baat kuch aur hai

Deewanapan
Keh sakte ho
Dil ki dhadkan
Keh sakte hi
Aaya Mausam dosti kaaaa.....

Their dosti was the beginning of this for sure. The foundation of this relationship.

The act was done seamlessly with the next thing was their realisation of silent love being portrayed via as the words rang through the hall "Yehi sach hai... Shayad... Maine pyaar kiya... haan haan... tumse maine pyaar kiya..." The word "shayad" was most appropriate as it was still new for both of them. His heart raced as he remembered those days.

Prem had looked down as the Vinod enacted the portion where he travelled to USA on exaggeration as he echoed,

Tujhe waqt kahe re,
Yeh duniyaaa wale,
Ek pal bhi kahin par,
Naa rukne wale,
Pyaar se rakhna, jatan se rakhna,
Har pal usse sambhale..
Ab meri amanat tere hawale

Prem sighed, the words were true but surely never ever said out aloud. He had left without a word said to her other than a smile, after their relationship was fixed, hoping to return to a love of a life time. With only hopes that she would accept him when time came and it had turned out to be just that. Time had truly blossomed her, and the amanat was truly his today.

The next showed their after Sagai moments in Rampur and was enacted on...

Ek lakda, ik ladki thi...
Ik dooje lar marte the..
Raaz e wafa batlane se..
Woh dono tho darte the..

Pagal dil na maana...
Bann hi gaya afsaana...
Hone lagi mulaqatein...
Khul gayi saari baatien..

Maine chupaya kayi baar oye
Mera dil tera Aashiq

The entire hall of people were smiling on the Rampur trip moments which was enacted dramatically with his eyes never leaving her and it was getting tough to be here.

He remembered she had come running into his arms the moment he had reached out confessing his love the first time. Thankfully there had been no witness or this would have been the highlight of the evening.

What made him cringe was the enactment of "Ek din teri raahon mein... baahon mein panahon mein aaongaa... kho jaunga.... ek din tera ho jaunga..." as he had left USA after his Sagai. They had all looked at him and he had shaken him head in resignation as they all laughed. Surely he hadnt been that obvious.

It was like his entire life was played out and it revolved around her. Her stregnth during his worst days and her shyness otherwise. They had summarised it beautifully.

The moment next where Sapna had enacted Preeti very simply as she had been and still was showing her unwavering support to him was true... he looked at Preeti who had looked down and all he had was love for her, and he knew he was lucky this companionship was for life.

Meri Raahe Tere Tak Hai
Tujhpe Hi To Mera Haq Hai
Ishq Mera Tu Beshak Hai
Tujhpe Hi To Mera Haq Hai