Chapter 8

Prem couldn't keep himself away from the urge to call her. He began his packing which was as usual a last moment thing since the week had been so busy and so amazing. It was finally the day he had to leave.

"Prem bhaiyya, so jao aur sone do. Subha subha kya aisa kaam hai jo baad mein nahi ho sakta," Vinod mumbled as he turned around.

Prem threw a pillow at him as he stuffed more clothes and groaned.

He was depressed. Going away had never been so difficult. Home n family, Preeti. Having everybody and loosing them to circumstances was a fear instilled recently and he never wanted to loose anyone again.

He checked the time. It was just 6:30 am... had it only been about 45 minutes since he began packing and just about two hours since he woke up.

Last night had been memorable. Laughing n pulling legs as they decorated till late afternoon.

The best had been when Preeti was up the ladder fixing curtains. He smiled as he remembered her blush in his arms. Anand babu had brought him unknowingly close to the ladder and where Vinod was helping Preeti hang curtain drapes.

"Bhaiiyaa, Preeti bhabhi cockroach...." he yelled pointing down as he pushed the ladder and made for a run with Anand babu and Preeti fell straight into his arms as they collapsed into a thick roll of curtains.

He fell backwards and she landed in his chest and he rolled coming over her. His arm under her head, her eyes closed in fear as she clutched onto his t shirt, her hair clouding her face. He could not take his eyes off.

He hoped she was ok. It didn't seem like she was hurt, just maybe shaken up. And he was sure there was no cockroach either other than the hidden crowd watching n waiting to tease.

She opened her eyes and damn everyone watching, he couldn't care less as he looked into her eyes. Something he wanted to get used to. All he wished was if he could carry her off somewhere private and continue the moment.

It didn't matter as the crowd came in when he was helping her up, complaining loudly that they couldn't get a clear view thanks to the ladder.

It still gave him flips this morning as much as it did last afternoon to know that the blush Preeti had when all were teasing her was due to the small kiss on her cheek before he helped her up that no one noticed.

----

Preeti smiled as she hugged her pillow. Sleep was far away and the morning was a warm cuddly start with memories from last evening . Just looking as his picture gave her the sensations she had never felt before.

Initially when he would come close it was shyness and a feeling of nervousness of a new relationship. It was a new feeling for both. Now it was different. He was coming closer, invading her personal space, making her feel not just loved but cherished and adored, just beautified by his gaze.

Twisting and turning in bed was not helping the heavy feeling that was coming into her. This week that had changed the worst days to best, brought Prem closer than he had ever been before. But it was closing in now and he was leaving.

****

"Issi liye tujhe kehti thi ke pehle se dekh le. Ab kab hoga yeh?" Mamta sighed as she began emptying Prem s untidily stuffed bags back onto the bed as he groaned.

He had just stuffed most of his things in and was almost done after breakfast when he got caught zipping up the last of his stuff.

Vivek and Vinod walked in as Maa said, suddenly sitting down, "mujhe maaf kar de. Mujhse aisi galati huwi hai ke sab bikhar gaya."