Chapter 29

Prem smiled at Preeti as she had breakfast. The smile on her face at the site of pancakes with chocolate sauce was worth seeing and her dressed so casually in his t-shirt and a pant with loose tied hair sent a twist in his stomach. She was exactly how he had wanted her to be, casual and carefree with him.

He remembered hearing a noise from the room indicating she was awake and he had called her out to come down. Her eyes round and her face a smile as she had come down in his shirt of last night looking for him had made his heart stop beating for a second. With that messy morning hair that he remembered running his hands through countless times last night as he admired her and her shy smile that made his heart race.

He loved the fact that she had not hesitated in wearing just his shirt and walking down in search of him as he called out. Well her nightwear was not in any condition to be used again anyway, he thought to himself smiling as his heartbeat raced as she came down hesitantly.

Damn, she looked killer in that too. Maybe he should ask her to just wear that to bed every night but he d probably need to shop everyday in that case. He shook his head, it was time he looked away or he would never be on time today.

"As much as i d like to carry you back upstairs Jaan... jaldi se fresh ho kar aajao... Breakfast is almost ready."

She blushed at his words and turned back as he turned the spatula over.

Her heart pounded seeing him shirtless making breakfast. She had no idea when he had slipped out of bed and she had realised how empty the bed seemed without him.

Glancing at the mirror as stepped in to freshen up she blushed at her state. What had taken over her as she stepped out of the room in his shirt and messed hair looking lost just as he called out to her.

Well, there wasnt anything else she could have put on to answer his call, she defended her decision as she remembered his eyes on her. He looked like he had weighed his words and actually contemplated carrying her back and she blushed.

*****

Preeti pinned her saree and lowered her eyes as she saw him smiling at her in the mirror. She had been in casuals with a pant and his t-shirt that he had left in the washroom for her and after breakfast they were ready to leave.

He walked up to her as he adjusted her pallu and raised her eyes to meet his as he turned her to face him.

"chalein..."

She smiled as he tucked hair, "tumse poochne ka mauka nahi mila, bookings amend karni hain?"

"Kyun jaa rahe hain hum.. yahan bhi tho hum saath hain... aur phir sab ke saath bhi tho jaa rahe hain kuch din mein..." she smiled with a hint of blush.

"Yeh ghar aapka honeymoon nahi ab hamari zindagi hai... aur inn sab se kuch din door, kaam se door rehna hai, yaad karo apni woh romantic novels." She blushed at his words and he pulled her close.

"Family trip apni jagah hai... woh samajh lo aapki arrange marriage ka honeymoon hai.. aur abhi aapki love story ka... sapne dikhaye hain tumhe... ab poore karne ka waqt hai.." he pinched her nose and pulled her along.

*****

Driving through the highway and unaware of where they were headed Preeti looked at him in wonder as she realised they were headed to Mumbai. "Hum ghar jaa rahe hain?"

"Jaana hai...?" He asked with a smile and she looked away.

"Jaana chaho tho jaa sakte hain ghar bhi..."

She smiled looking down and he pulled her close as he kissed her hand. "Ghar le jaonga tumhe par abhi nahi.. Wahan jaa kar sab ke saath tum kho jaogi aur yeh rishta arranged marriage sa phir se lagne lagega..." Preeti shook her head and moved away as he smiled. "Pehle iss pyaar ke rang gehra ho jaaye phir ghar bhi jaayenge..."