Freebird Friday and Rains

Preeti leaned back and sipped her badam milk as Dina watched her with a smile.

"You need to keep fit my dear, you have been running around too much.."

"Who said a wedding was easy stuff.." Preeti smiled and Dina shook her head.

"Lets get some dinner Prep done Dina.. Abhi thak socha bhi nahi hai kuch..."

"Speaking like Mr Workaholic ki perfect wife. Its Friday noon.. you should be relaxing dear" and Preeti nodded.

"Can i ask you something.."

"All yours dear... Please go ahead..."

"Why did you take up being a housekeeper... I mean you are in your late forties and fit and you seem to have done a different thing previously.. Your persona is something else.. why give up that other up..."

Dina looked at her and smiled. "Because of your husband dear Girl.. i have grown to love him like a son.. and doing this for him introduced me to this sweetheart of a girl who treats me like a another mother figure..."

"But you probably applied for housekeeper or something on those lines.. You seem the too formal for a desi household to be honest.."

"As far as the English is concerned.. I was trained in English since i spent month overseas at a time... and I am from Goa.. We are Portuguese descendants remember... Also... I am doing what i always did girl.. but yes.. The role extended here was unexpected and i wont lie.. But having never realising how soon my kids grew up and started their own lives and now i feel like this is my own and m living that life with them.."

Preeti hugged her and she hugged him back. "M glad you are here..." she smiled and Dina grinned. "Yes... and especially those times that i am asked to leave with Mike and its your doing to let me off early.."

"Its not everytime that a couple works together.. you should enjoy that and make Mike smile a bit too.. he looks too formal.."

"He s trained that way.. And between us.. Mike has always been too formal in life.."

"How many personal chauffeurs are trained to be so formal that they look scary at first glance. I could not believe it when i found out that Mike outside here is the Mickey you refer to.. Only you can get away calling him that.. When i actually heard you speaking to him first.. It took me a minute to comprehend and connect the dots.. It was at the tip on my tongue to Say Dina.. Stop taking the Mickey out of his name.. He ll bite.."

Dina laughed, "you make it seem casual but you know that your husband is a very important man.. Especially with this line of work.. And those are security officers.. they cant be grinning now.. can they.."

"Ohh... We both know that security is more approachable.. These guys are so.. so formidable...."

Dine interruped.. "Have you seen your man at work.. Let alone at work.. Before you arrived here.. He would roam around doubling in work unless he s on a call with you.. Where does that guy smile when busy... to hire people like that.. You should watch him..." and Preeti interrupted.

"He hired you and you smile..." she made a face and answered a call that came through.

"Neha ka hai..." she said and skipped off to the hall as Dina completed her work with a smile.

"Preee.... kya haal hain Madam ke..."

"Haal tho tu bata.. Ek hafta yahan meri nahi kisi aur ki dost bann kar aayi thi..."

"Yaar.. Priya aur tu ne hi tho invite kia tha... uski shaadi par.. tere ghar par rahi thi main... ab bas kar.."

"Haan.. aur tu ne Saathi naya dhoond liya generally.. uska kya...'