Habits Of My Heart °Jeffrey D...

By Mgrimes01

"Hi I'm Emma ... I saw your advertisement in the newspaper" - This book contains high levels of sexual conten... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
General information
Chapter 12
Thank you!
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Hey!
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Update soon!
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48

Chapter 9

5.8K 173 27
By Mgrimes01

"Get this through your fucking skull. Next time I see you with that man again you'll regret the day you ever laid eyes on him" Jason hissed and left me on the floor alone. I just sat there shaking full of sorrow and disgust.

I stood to my feet and stumbled down the hall and into my bathroom. I analyzed the purple bruises forming on the side of my face. My eye began to swell profusely. I was beyond frightened. Jason had to be experiencing some sort of psychotic break. 

--

Jeffrey's POV

I parked the car and quickly made my way into the building. On my way home I had bought Emma a bouquet of beautiful pure white roses. 

I entered the elevator and smiled just at the simple thought of her. 

I stepped out of the elevator and into the hallway to see Emma's door wide open. My heart began to beat rapidly in my chest, so heavily I could feel it pounding in my ears like a drum.

"Emma," I called out, stepping into the apartment. 

No answer.

"Emma" I called out again and yet there was still an eerie silence that filled the place.

I quietly made my way down the hall and into her room, turning the corner to find her standing in the bathroom, gripping the sink with her head hung low.

"Baby," I said softly, nerves lacing my voice. 

She slowly lifted her head, making eye contact with me in the mirror. My heart stopped at the sight of her beaten and bruised face.

"Emma!" I yelled and ran over to her, catching her in my grasp. 

I carefully scooped her up into my arms and carried her into the bedroom, gently resting her body on the bed. 

I went back into the bathroom and pulled her first aid supplies out from under the sink. 

"Talk to me baby, what happened?" I asked, my heart aching at her disheveled appearance.

"Thank you" She whispered with a calm voice.

"Please tell me what happened Emma" I begged.

"Jason" Is all she said. 

She just looked at me and closed her eyes, swallowing hard as I hugged her tightly. I just knew it, I knew this was the right time to tell her.

"I love you" I whispered meaningfully into her ear

"What?" She asked surprised, pulling away to look me in the eyes.

"Emma, I love you so much, I really do, " I said sincerely as tears brimmed in her eyes.

"I-I Love you too Jeffrey" She choked out before pressing our lips together, sharing the most passionate kiss either of us had ever experienced, one of pure and genuine love.

I kicked off my shoes, and pulled my sweater over my head, and climbed into the bed. I pulled her into my embrace.

"Sleep now my love, I've gotcha" I whispered, gently pressing her head into my chest, kissing her forehead as she drifted off to sleep. 

Once I knew she was completely asleep, I replaced my presence with a pillow, closing the door with a heavy sigh. I tiptoed out to her balcony.

I lit up a cigarette, as it omitted a soft glow for only a moment. 

I was experiencing so many different emotions, rage for what that bastard did to her, guilt for not being able to be there for her, sadness for not being able to protect her. 

I normally didn't smoke unless I was stressed, but I was too tired and upset to even care. 

I put the cigarette out of the metal railing before tossing the butt over the edge. I tiptoed back inside and looked at Emma's sweet face fast asleep. I picked up her still open phone, glancing at the message she had received from her mom.

---

Emma's POV

I woke up with pain throbbing profusely in my head. I rolled out of bed and trudged into the living room to see Jeffrey fast asleep on the couch.

I tossed back a few pain killers before walking back into the living room. I sat down on the floor right in front of him, taking his hand in mine, pressing a kiss to the top of it.

"Goodmorning," I said to him as his eyes fluttered open.

"I swear to god if he ever shows his face around her again I'll kill him," He said and pulled me on top of him, holding me tightly. 

"It's ok, can we just stay inside all day?" I asked, kissing him softly on the neck.

"But what about your mother?" He asked.

"You know about that?" I answered and sat up quickly, straddling his lap.

"Hey Hey...everything will be totally fine darlin'... I know it" He reassured, brushing my hair back, tucking it behind my ear. 

All of a sudden I began to feel very unsteady and a wave of nausea overwhelmed my body. As quickly as I could, I shot up and ran into the bathroom as the vomit treated to spew from my mouth all over the apartment.

"Emma?" He exclaimed, a questioning tone in his voice.

"Jeffrey" I answered nervously, rinsing my mouth out in the sink and sliding down the wall, resting my head against it.

"Come on let's get you into a bath," He said softly, turning on the water and helping me in.

"I think there is something wrong with me," I said quietly.

"Did I do something? Did you eat something bad?" He asked pressing a rag to my forehead as I tried my best to relax.

"No ... Jeffrey.. I think I might be pregnant" I exclaimed full of uncertainty. Jeffrey just sat back against the wall, shock covered his face.

"Are you angry?" I asked worried, studying his face as the wheels in his head turned and turned.

"No ... No .. I'm not angry, I'm just surprised" He breathed out, rubbing his hands over his face.

"Remember the first time?" I asked and he turned his face, looking me in the eyes.

"Of course I do" He smiled softly, taking my hands in his.

"We were so caught up in ourselves that we didn't use protection" I stated.

"I know, but we'll work everything out, don't worry" He replied, kissing my forehead.

After a long time soaking in the warm water and sharing a long meaningful conversation, the two of us fell asleep together on the couch.

---

Next morning I quickly called up my mom and apologized for missing dinner and promised that we'd be there tonight.

Jeffrey and I needed some answers and we needed them quick. While I made lunch Jeffrey ran down to the drug store across the road and grabbed a few at-home pregnancy tests. 

Once he had arrived home I used all four of them, and stood there in anticipation, waiting for the outcome. I didn't exactly know how to feel when I saw that all the tests came back negative. 

I walked out of the bathroom past a confused Jeffrey, taking a seat on the couch.

"Are you alright darlin'?" Jeffrey asked confused at my reaction.

"Yeah .. I uh I think so" I replied

"Did you want a baby?" He asked, sitting down next to me, resting his hand on my leg. 

"I don't really know ... I know it is something I want with you, I just don't know if it is the best idea at the moment, I think I'm just conflicted," I explained. 

"There's no rush baby, we can take our time, as much as you need. I'll be ready for anything when you are ... I love you so much, Emma! You're the best thing that has ever happened to be" He exclaimed, pressing his lips to mine. 

I couldn't believe it, how utterly in love I was with this amazing man and that he loved me back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.7K 1.9K 38
negan x reader after becoming a 'mom' to her deceased sister's kid, y/n questions if she can do her job correctly..especially when she meets the new...
1.6K 39 6
The zombie Apocolypse could not have come at a worse time for the Grimes/Dixon family. by geekygirl699 on ao3
160 12 5
THE WAY YOU TORE ME TO PARTS ✸ AS YOU SUNK YOUR TEETH INTO ME 🧷 the walking dead oc x oc
5.8K 164 18
"ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ, ɪ'ᴍ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴍɪᴅɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴍᴜꜱᴇ, ᴡʀɪᴛᴇ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ, ᴡʜɪꜱᴘᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜱᴇᴄʀᴇᴛꜱ, ꜰᴇᴇʟ ᴍᴇ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴏɴᴇꜱ." 𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘥...