♤ [2] An Everlasting Nightmare

By taytaylorabc

[SEQUAL TO AN EVERLASTING DEATH] "My light inside is broken, and my cracks are breaking through. But I still... More

ı 00 ı Summary & Playlist
ı 01 ı Lost Cause
ı 02 ı My Broken Light
ı 03 ı Letting Go
ı 04 ı Priorities Buddy, Priorities
ı 05 ı Mirror
ı 06 ı The Other Brother
ı 08 ı High
ı 09 ı Dead Walking
ı 10 ı Surviver
ı 11 ı House of Cards
ı 12 ı Coincidence
ı 13 ı Jenga
ı 14 ı Snow Globe
ı 15 ı Prescription: Vodka
ı 16 ı Memory Card
ı 17 ı Two Can Play at This Game
ı 18 ı Elephant in the Room
ı 19 ı Fog
ı 20 ı The Perfect Lie
ı 21 ı What Had to be Done
ı 22 ı Monster Within
ı 23 ı We Can Mend
ı 24 ı Unfolding Bloodlines
ı 25 ı Try Me
ı 26 ı The Last Time
ı 00 ı PART TWO
ı 01 ı The Crash
ı 02 ı Guilty as Charged
ı 03 ı What We Need
ı 04 ı Dark Impulses
ı 05 ı The Hunter
ı 06 ı Mad as a Hatter
ı 07 ı Miss Mystic
ı 08 ı This Moment
ı 09 ı I'll Catch You
ı 10 ı Happy Hour
ı 11 ı Burning Truth
ı 12 ı Thank You
ı 13 ı 1863
ı 14 ı Bliss
ı 15 ı Sacrifices Galore
ı 16 ı Kitty Kat
ı 17 ı Prom Crashers
ı 18 ı Silas
ı 19 ı M-I-A
ı 20 ı The Other Side
ı 21 ı Ghosts
ı 22 ı Mind Games
ı 23 ı As Long as You're With Me
ı 24 ı Goodbye
ı 25 ı Plague
ı 26 ı Farewell
• Third and Final •

ı 07 ı The Knot

10K 376 151
By taytaylorabc

˙ ˙ ˙ 

"Where were you when everything was falling apart? All my days were spent by the telephone that never rang. All I needed was a call that never came.

˙ ˙ ˙ 

"I will ask you one last time, what are you two hiding?" Klaus growls at Stefan and I for the tenth time.

Before Stefan and I had a chance to wake up this morning, Klaus grabbed us with the first chance he got, dragging us back to the industrial warehouse filled with empty coffins. We knew Klaus had figured out the truth about Elena, but we were too scared to admit it. 

"Nothing okay! Why don't you believe us?" I yell, tired of this going no where.

Stefan and I sweat with nerves as we struggle to keep our heart rates normal, and our breathing steady to avoid any suspicioun from Klaus that we're lying, but I can tell we are failing.

"Now Blair, do you really think I'm that I'm that foolish?" Klaus asks.

"They're not on our side Nik. I can sense it," Rebekah says.

"Gloria is dead and the necklace is still missing. Shall I put the pieces together myself?" Klaus asks.

I roll my eyes and look up, a shadow from the back of the warehouse catching my attention.

None other than Joel Branson peaks around the corner, glancing at me slightly before disappearing into the shadows.

I'm hopeful that maybe Joel can get us out of this, but at the same time I know he's not that naïve to get himself back into Klaus's collection of pets. Although that doesn't explain why he's here.

"I didn't think you were good at puzzles Klaus. I guess I was wrong," I say casually.

Apparently I've reached Klaus's limit of how much of my attitude he can handle, as he steps forwards and snaps my neck, my mind going blank.

• • •

I gasp awake, my eyes staring into a familiar Branson's I didn't expect to see any time soon.

"Joel?" I croak, sitting up and rubbing my neck.

He knees down beside be as I lay on the back of an open transport truck, parked in the street during the dead of night.

"'Bout time you woke love. I was starting to think I'd have to save your brother's ass myself," Joel says, helping me up.

"What? Where are we? What's wrong with my brother?" I ask all at once.

"Well, I followed you guys here," Joel says. "Welcome home Blair."

He moves to the side, revealing the scene around us, the tall historic Mystic Falls clock tower coming into view.

"No, no, no," I gape. "Where's Stefan? We need to get out of here," I say.

"Stefan, Rebekah and Klaus left half an hour ago to look for Elena. They mentioned something about the high school," Joel says.

"Oh my god," I whisper. "What do we do?"

"Call your brother and James," Joel suggests, although it sounds more like an order.

"No. I can't. I haven't had a real conversation with them in over a month," I say, shaking my head.

Joel places his hands on my shoulders. "Blair, it's one phone call. They deserve to hear your voice," Joel encourages.

I sigh but nod, taking his cell phone and making the call I should have made a month ago.

• • •

I called Damon who answered immediately who said he was five hours away, but insured me that James was on his way. Although I'm confused as to why Damon cannot make it right away, I'm thankful James is coming. The thought of seeing him again scares me, but at the same time I trust him to handle Klaus more than Damon. His calm assertiveness is something I wish I had. 

Joel and I had make our way to the school, carefully maneuvering around the halls to avoid Klaus and Rebekah.

Sounds of pain and shouts of fear direct our attention to the gymnasium which is dimmed lightly, Klaus, Rebekah, Stefan, and Elena all stand inside with Tyler on the ground, lifeless.

Joel and I stand outside the gym door, debating how we plan to go about this.

"He's forcing them to fix their hybrid problem by turning Tyler into one," I explain to Joel.

He nods. "It's not going to work unless Elena is dead though."

I watch from a distance as Stefan and Klaus break out into a fight, so intense I begin to fear for Stefan's life. I close my eyes, and take a deep breath before I grab the door handle, opening the door before I step inside as Joel yells in protest, but he's too late- everyone's attention is now on me.

"Klaus, stop this. You don't need to hurt them. I'll do whatever you want," I say, walking slowly towards them.

"You speak lies Blair. This is what it has come to," Klaus says.

"You should listen to her Niklaus," Joel says, walking beside me.

I turn to face him with wide eyes, confused as to why he's now revealed himself to Klaus after all these years. I don't know why Stefan and I seem to be worth risking everything Joel has built for himself after escaping Klaus. 

"Why?" I whisper.

"I can't hide forever," Joel replies with a small smile, although I know he's trying to send me a bigger message. I can't hide forever from family, and I can't run forever with Klaus. 

"Joel Branson? Well, well, by all means join the party," Klaus says cheerfully. 

Joel stands beside me, his fists clenched shut as he glares at Klaus, his anger starting to get the best of him. So I reach down and hold his hand, as we glance at each other knowing tonight's not going to end well. All I can do is hope that James will show. 

"Let's get started," Klaus says, clapping his hands together.

Before any of us can react, Klaus takes the first move in this reunion and grabs Stefan by the throat, compelling him. Out of the whole month we've been with Klaus, he's never used his compelling trick with us until now, which scares me. Klaus has lost all respect for Stefan and I, if there was any to begin with.  

"You are to do exactly as I say," he compels Stefan.

"No," Elena gasps from the sidelines.

"Everybody listen up. While Bonnie and Caroline search for a way to help your future hybrid friend Tyler here, we are going to set a few things straight," Klaus says.

"For one, I am in charge. Two, if anyone attempts to stop me I will kill your dear friend Matt Donovan who is hidden somewhere in this building, and three, Blair is not leaving here tonight without killing someone," Klaus warns.

"No Klaus. Don't," Stefan growls. He glances nervously at me, knowing that I've always feared this moment. My whole body freezes like his words have glued me in place. 

Klaus laughs at Stefan's reaction as the gym doors open revealing a young girl, no older than 17, crying as she walks towards Klaus.

She must be compelled.

"I present to you Blair, the first person you shall ever kill. Caught her smoking something earlier, so really you're saving her from a future that won't last long," Klaus says rudely with a smirk.

"You are a monster," I say through gritted teeth.

Klaus only smiles before he turns to Stefan. "Kill them," he orders, pointing to two other students in the room.

I watch helplessly as Stefan walks compelled towards the pair, his fangs bared as he rips them apart, draining all the blood from their bodies in less than a minute. I've never stayed to see Stefan's ripper side. I always walked away, only hearing the cries of agony of his victims as they plead for their life. 

"Who's the monster now?" Klaus asks.

"You made him do that," Elena snarls.

"No dear, deep down he wanted to," Klaus says. "If Bonnie doesn't come back with a solution for Tyler in two minutes, I want Stefan to feed from Elena," Klaus says, compelling Stefan.

Klaus sprints to me, looking me straight in the eye. "You are to kill that young girl, no matter what," he compels me.

Stefan and I glance at each other, pure terror in our eyes as we don't know what to do.

For the next two minutes, we stare at the gym door, hoping that Bonnie will walk in any moment, but she doesn't. When the clock ticks down, Stefan and I glance at each other once last time before our minds scream at us. Time runs out and we're out of options.

The compulsion takes over my mind, practically dragging me to the terrified girl as it is doing to Stefan who is trying his best not to kill Elena.

Stefan and I fall to our knees, crying out in pain as our minds force our bodies towards our victims, our vampire instincts calling out, threatening to be unleashed. It takes every ounce of strength not to rip the girl in front of me apart. 

"Come on, you can control it," Joel says, bending down beside me.

"No," I grunt. "I can't control myself anymore," I say, my fangs coming out as I feel myself losing control.

"Wait!" Bonnie yells, storming into the gym with Caroline. "It's Elena. Tyler has to drink her blood," she says in between heavy breathing.

I grunt in relief as I fall to the ground, the compulsion leaving just as Tyler gasps awake.

"Why thank you Bonnie," Klaus says. "It was getting a little boring watching the Salvatore siblings fight with themselves, but it never ceases to please me." 

He heads over to Elena and draws some of her blood, forcing Tyler to drink some. Tyler cringes in pain, his bones cracking as his eyes turn a golden yellow, his fangs bared looking similar to Klaus's hybrid look.

We finally found a solution to Klaus's hybrid problem, but I know my list of problems is only beginning. 

"That's what I'm talking about," Klaus says, clapping Tyler on the back before turning back to Stefan and I.

"We're not finished yet," he says.

"I think you are," James says, storming into the gym.

"Oh my, if it isn't a full house. Now this is really exciting," Klaus says.

Everyone now standing in this room has had their lives affected by Klaus meaning things aren't going to go down very well. When I thought of seeing James again, I never thought it would be like this.

His eyes are full with concern and his fists are clenched shut in anger, mimicking the way Joel is standing. Joel eyes his older brother, but James doesn't even acknowledge him, oblivious that they are related.

"You've joined us just in time," Klaus says.

Out of no where, Klaus sprints towards Stefan, pinning him against the wall. "Turn it off mate," Klaus compels him.

"NO!" I growl, but Joel holds me back.

I watch as Stefan closes his eyes, Elena crying out to him but it's too late.

Stefan opens his eyes and I can tell there's no going back by the way he looks at me. It's like he's free in a way, but at the same time I know he's not my brother. Klaus has taken that away from me. 

"You monster," I growl.

Klaus smirks and turns to me. "I fixed him. Now it's your turn to be fixed."

He walks towards me but James intervenes, stepping in front of me in a protective stance. 

"I can't allow you to do that mate. She doesn't need fixing," James growls, defending me. His words send a small smile on my lips, and tears well up in my eyes but I know I'm not leaving here the same. Klaus promised me that Stefan would be my mirror. As I stare at my brother, I see a reflection of what I'm about to become. 

"Sorry mate, but if she wants memories back she's going to have to do as I say. Now Blair, please kill that young lady," Klaus instructs.

"Blair, don't," James pleads.

He knows the burden of killing someone will haut me forever along with the tomb memories, and deep down I know he's right. I look over at James with tears in my eyes as I stand still, debating what to do. 

Tired of my hesitation, Klaus suddenly shoves James to the ground before ripping out a piece of the wooden flooring and shoving it into James's spine. I gasp as James cried out in pain, but there's nothing I can do as Klaus speeds over to me, his hands placed on my shoulder. 

"You are to kill that girl," he compels me. 

"No-" James grunts as he tries to stand, the wood still lodged in his back. 

As much as I want to help James, Klaus's compulsion is too strong which means my mind is wired to start walking towards this innocent girl and kill her.  I grip my head in pain as a last effort to stop myself as I cry out in agony. The compulsion is physically hurting my mind, tearing it apart and taking control. 

"Blair, turn it off. It will make it easier," Joel encourages from beside me. It hasn't dawned on me until now how much easier it would be to kill if I just turn it off. 

"No, don't Blair," James says. His voice is soft and gentle yet in pain, pleading me not to do something I will regret. 

I glance back and forth between Joel and James, who have the same concerned expression, but deep down I know what I have to do. Joel escaped from Klaus once, so I trust him, and I trust James to help me during the aftermath. 

If I want my memories back, I'm going to have to sacrifice more than just my time. I need to sacrifice my humanity.

I glance at Joel and he nods, which is the only signal I need. 

"Thank you," I say to Joel.

I don't know who I will come back as once my humanity is turned back on, so I take the opportunity now to appreciate who cares enough to stick around.

I turn to James and give him a reassuring smile.

"I love you James. Tell Damon to save some bourbon for me after this is all over," I whisper, before I close my eyes. 

I think of my mind as a tube of flowing emotions as I tie the tube, preventing any feelings from escaping as I force it all away. 

I think of every feeling I've every felt from the sadness in the tomb, the happiness of finding my brothers, the depressing years after my mother's death, and the pain of watching James look for me, clueless that I'm already gone. 

I tie every emotion in a knot, preventing myself from feeling.

The last thing I think of before it all goes numb are the three words I just admitted to James. I love you. 

And then I turn it all off. 

_______________________

Please vote, share, and comment!

[completed & edited: 08/15/2021]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.9K 946 43
So now that TVD is over for good :( I have decided to stay and play in the TVD universe for a while. For all of you people that are gonna miss the S...
532K 11.4K 168
My name is Mieczyslaw Stiles Stilinski and I have been around a LONG LONG time. I left Beacon Hills 10 years ago after Scott, Lydia, Malia, and I gra...
30 0 30
This is my story, my memoirs. My life over several centuries has been good times, bad times, and times I could forget. This is a story about life as...
124K 3.9K 24
Yandere!Klaus Mikaelson x OC ⁕Monomania - A pathological obsession with one person, thing or idea. "So Klaus wrecked a kingdom because he was obsesse...