Trouble

By Valerie3xx

I tried to run, but trouble awaited me on every corner. © 2013 by Valerie3xx. All Rights Reserved. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
I'm sorry.
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
Author's Note
An unexpected hello.

Chapter 13

2.4K 33 5
By Valerie3xx

Hey guys, so here's another chapter! I hope you enjoy!

I ran as fast as I could until I tripped falling to the hard ground. My hand went up to my chin and I felt that I was bleeding. I stood up only to be grabbed from behind, my arms pinned to my back. The person turned me around to face 3 more man.

“Let me go.” I begged.

They seemed amused with the whole situation.

“I don’t like when people run away from me.” The leader smirked playing with some weird necklace that he had in his hands.

“I told you that if you ran away, someone close to you would get hurt… like your boyfriend.” He was close now, close enough to grab a hold of my hair making me look up at him.

“I don’t have a boyfriend.” I whimpered in pain as he tugged my hair harder.

“Oh really?” He smirked, finally letting go of my hair.

Two men appeared from the dark alley, I could see that they were holding someone. The person was feeling bad enough to not being able to walk.

“Harry!” I screamed with everything that I had, with all the strength that was left in my body.

He was broken, covered in bruises and blood. And it was my fault.

“I warned you.” The man said and walked up to Harry and knelled him in the stomach making him cry out in pain.

“No, please I’m begging you.” I screamed, tears rolling down my cheeks. “I’ll do whatever you want! Please don’t hurt him!” I begged once again, my eyes hurting from crying so hard.

“No Melissa, don’t do that.” Harry voice cracked. “I’m not worth it.” He said receiving another punch.

“Stop!” I screamed.

My eyes shot open, tears streaming down my face. I looked around and panicked realizing that Harry wasn’t near me.  I was still shocked from the nightmare and the only thing that I could think about was seeing him.

“I need you, right now. –M”

I send the text and buried my head in my hands. After calming down a little a realized how stupid I was. I shouldn’t have texted him. It was just a nightmare and now he’ll be worried. But I couldn’t just text him saying ‘Actually I don’t.’ right?

I washed my face with cold water, cleaning it from the tears and sweat and walked back to my bed. Still being a little shaken up I jumped when the door flung open, the beautiful man entering the door.

As soon as I saw him I jumped out of the bed and ran into his arms. He didn’t say anything just hugged me, holding me so close that I thought that I couldn’t breathe for a second.

“What’s wrong Melissa?” He asked, stroking my hair.

“Nothing, I’m sorry I got you wor-“ I tried to say but he cut me off.

“Mel, you text me saying that you need me and I see your eyes are red from crying…Tell me what’s wrong.”

“It was just a nightmare, I’m sorry I bothered you with such a stupid thing.”  I said embarrassed, it was quite childish, he was probably busy.

I looked down but soon felt him lifting my head and planting his lips on mine. His soft lips made me feel so safe that I instantly forgot about the nightmare. He slowly pulled away, looking into my eyes.

“I’m here for you.” He whispered and I could’ve sworn my heart skipped a beat.

He walked me back to the bed and lay down next to me.

“What was the nightmare about?” He asked quietly.

“You.” I whispered as if it would actually happen if I said it louder.

He kissed my forehead and I took a deep breath before continuing.

“They punched you, and… said that it was my entire fault that you were hurt.” I didn’t realize I was crying until a sob escaped my lips.

“Shh, it was just a dream.” He said running his fingertips up and down my arm.

I took deep breaths, attempting to calm down. There was nothing to cry about, just a dream and I was totally over-reacting.  But the dream seemed so real, the way he screamed in pain, his voice in my head seemed so real. I got distracted from my thoughts as I noticed Harry’s heart beat. It was so calm and steady that I calmed down myself.

“Better?” Harry asked and I just nodded without looking up.

I felt his fingertips tracing some patterns on my back and I found myself closing my eyes. A sweet kiss was planted on the top of my head.

“I’ll make you some tea.” Harry said and I moved off him lying down on my pillow instead.

Soon Harry appeared with two mugs of hot tea. He handed me one and sat near me on my bed. Thanking him I took a sip of the delicious beverage.

“What time is it?” I asked looking up at Harry as he reached for his phone before answering.

“Half past ten.”

“Oh. Did you see my parents when you came ?” I asked.

“Yes, they were leaving.”

I frowned, they didn’t tell me anything. But maybe they just didn’t want to wake me up.

“ You know I’m okay now, just in case you were doing something before I texted. Like if you need to leave or something.”  I rambled.

It sounded different that how I meant it to, but that just always seemed to happen when I’m with him. I just forget how to talk and that just pisses me off how weak I become with him.

He chuckled and shook his head before standing up and walking towards my wardrobe.

“What are you doing?” I asked confused by his actions.

“Picking your outfit.” He answered, his back facing me as he rummaged through my closet.

“And why is that?” I was too lazy to stop him or even stand up, so I just sat on my bed enjoying my tea, letting him do whatever he was doing.

“Because we’re going out babe.” He stated, not a hint of doubt in his voice.

“Excuse me mister, but I don’t remember agreeing on that.” I chuckled.

“You should know by now that I don’t need permission.” He said, referring to what he said the other day in school about not needing permission to sit near me.

I looked down at my tea, his voice made me understand that he wasn’t joking and if we think about it he could actually do whatever he would want without my permission, but it wasn’t necessarily a bad thing.
For the last couple of weeks I learned to accept him the way he is, stubborn, possessive, dark. I learned to trust him, maybe not fully but it was a good start. But I would be lying if I said that my fear of him had completely vanished; he was so unpredictable and uncontrollable at times but his warmth, his caring side was worth the dark that I had to deal with.

When I looked up Harry was already sitting on my bed next to me with some clothes in his hands.

I smiled at him, and placed my mug on the bedside table.

“Well, let’s see what we’ve got here.” I said taking the clothes out of his hands.

He had picked a pair of light denim skinny jeans, a grey long-sleeved shirt and my military green coat. Surprisingly, I liked the outfit.

“Not bad.” I smirked at him.

He chuckled deeply, “Admit it, I did a great job.” He smirked before leaning closer, his lips brushing my ear, “Even though I would prefer you without them.” He whispered.

A shiver ran down my spine and I felt my eyes widening. I pushed him away making him laugh.´

“Harry!” I shouted, my cheeks heating up.

“What?” He innocently asked.

I shook my head, standing up from my bed and picking everything I would need, heading to the bathroom.

I locked the door and started stripping out of my PJ’s.

“Cheeky bastard.” I said to myself.

“I heard that!” Harry shouted from my room making me laugh.

I stepped in the shower and started washing my hair and my body. I felt myself humming a song but stopped knowing that I would be soon singing it loudly.

I stepped out of the shower doing my usual routine, brushing my teeth, drying my hair, brushing it, applying some make-up and finally getting dressed.

I walked into my room to find Harry looking at something, his back turned to me. I tip-toed to him, and saw him staring at one of my photos.

“Found something interesting?” I said in his ear, attempting to scare him.

“Mhmm.” He hummed.

“Hey you were supposed to get scared.” I pouted playfully. He put the photo back and turned to me before letting out a scream, sounding like a girl.

I wasn’t expecting that so I jumped covering my ears. Harry busted out laughing.

 “What? You scared me so I screamed.” He said in a girly voice.

I hit his chest before turning around and checking if my bag had everything. Soon I felt a pair of arms snaking around my waist, Harry’s front pressed firmly to my back. I smiled when I felt his lips on the top of my head.

“What are we doing today?” I said turning around and pecking Harry’s cheek before walking downstairs, Harry following me.

“I thought we could go to the park for a walk and then go to my apartment.”

I looked out of the window and noticed that it was pretty cloudy outside so going to his apartment was probably a good idea since it was soon to rain.

I put on my black Dr.Martens and wrote a note to my parent saying that I was out with Harry.

The ride to the park was short so we soon reached our destination. Harry helped me out of the car before locking it. He took my small hand in his and we started to walk away from his car. It was a little windy and I was getting tired of my hair all over my face.

“Do you have a hair ti- uh, nevermind.” I stopped myself knowing that he obviously didn’t have one.

He chuckled as he realized what I was about to ask. I let go of his hand, opening my bag to search for a hair tie, which was quite difficult since I had a lot of, not needed, stuff in my bag, yet I noticed that my phone was missing.

“Shoot, I forgot my phone in your car.” I said, looking up from my bag.

“I’ll get it.” He smiled before walking back to his car.

Harry soon came back while I was still struggling to find a hair tie in my bag.

“Baby, you’ve got a text.” He said, standing next to me, my phone in his hand.

“Can you read it for me, please ?” I said not looking up. I needed the damn hair tie.

Harry hummed in response. “It’s from Eleanor, she asked if you have asked your parents about the not-celebrating-your-birthday-clubbing.”

“Um, text her back saying that I haven’t. I’ll talk to them tomorrow or something.” I said, mentally cheering when I finally found a hair tie in the bottom of my bag. I pulled my hair in a messy bun and looked at Harry to see him handing me my phone. I smiled at him and took it.

Harry’s arm was placed around my shoulder as we reached the park. Not many people were out since the weather wasn’t really good.

“So not-celebrating-your-birthday-clubbing huh?” He asked, pulling me a little closer to him.

“Mhmm, next Friday.” I answered sitting down on the grass, not caring about the weather, plus it wasn’t that cold anyway.

Harry lay down in front of me, his head on my lap. My hand instinctively started playing with his soft curls.  

“When’s your birthday?” He asked looking up at me.

“Next Thursday.” I said pushing some of his curls out of his forehead.

“So if I hadn’t read the text I would never know about it?” He asked furrowing his eyebrows.

I shrugged and looked up from his eyes. “I don’t like to celebrate my birthday.”

“But I think that I still deserve to know when it is.” He said taking a hold of my free hand interlocking our fingers.

“Well, you do now.”

“So that why is the whole ‘not-celebrating-your-birthday’ part, because you don’t like to celebrate?” He chuckled.

“Yup.” I smiled down at him. “You should come too.” I said squeezing his hand.

He furrowed his eyebrows before speaking.

“No, I don’t think so.”

“Why not?” I abruptly asked, confused by his rejection

“I don’t get along too well with your friends.” He explained.

“Maybe if you come, you’ll get to know each other better and you’ll get along with them.” I suggested calmly. I knew that it wouldn’t be the same without him.

“Melissa, your friends don’t like me.” He said sternly.

“They’ll change their mind once they get to know you better.” I said lowering my head towards his.

“Please” I whispered before pressing my lips to his. I pulled back looking in his eyes, waiting for an answer.

“Fine” He said kissing me once more. I smiled against his lips. “But only if you’ll stay with me, after.”  He added.

I looked down at him expecting to see a playful smirk but saw nothing but a serious face.

The thought of staying with Harry made me nervous but I knew I could trust him. But even though my parents like him and all, I doubt that they would let me spend the night with him.

I snapped back to reality and hesitantly nodded. Looked like I had to make an excuse to my parents, but I think that saying that I would stay at Eleanor’s could work.

Harry’s face lit up and he sat up before crashing his lips against mine once again. I felt the butterflies filling my stomach at the feeling of his soft lips on mine. I cupped his face attempting to bring him closer. Harry’s hands rested on my waist as he moved me on his lap.

“Get a fucking room!” Someone shouted making us pull apart.

Harry glared at the young man and I hid my face in the crock of Harry’s neck in embarrassment.

“Fuck off.” Harry shouted back.

“Hey let’s go, I’m getting cold here.” I pecked Harry’s lips once more before standing up.

I was far from being cold, especially after our kiss but I didn’t want Harry to get into another argument or even fight, so it would be better for us to leave.

I picked up my bag and grabbed Harry’s hand eading us back to his car

A/N:

I dedicated this chapter to one of my best friends who I love to death haha
She helped and supported me so much that I can't thank her enough! Thank you Anny I love you <3

The next chapter will be up soon and once again it will be like a continuation to this one.

Thank you for reading don't forget to read, vote and COMMENT. I love you all.   

-Valerie, xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 3.4K 13
Everything could have been simple and nice. But no, you have to try and run. No one runs from me, not even you my darling.
29.5K 311 51
This story takes place in early 2017 but please note that all facts are not up to date with real life events as it's all for fun x Larry stylinson s...
345K 2.3K 65
All original!! I made these all myself. Please don't take my stories. REQUESTS OPEN